Rams Game: The Good

HawkHack

Reaction score
Good: I thought the second-half offense looked like the Seahawks of years past. Marshawn ran the ball well enough and Russell was on fire.

Good: ADB had his best game of the year. He looked like the ADB of a couple of years ago. When was the last time we had a 100+-yard receiver?

Good: Sherman's slap of the ball on third down of what should have been the Rams' last offensive possession. THAT looked like the LOB of old. We need more of that. Sherman seemed pissed ... good stuff.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkHack":3bqi2nqv said:
....................Good: Sherman's slap of the ball on third down of what should have been the Rams' last offensive possession. THAT looked like the LOB of old. We need more of that. Sherman seemed pissed ... good stuff.
I've said a couple of times I think Richard has decided to play tighter and let the penalties fall where they may. It sure looked like it in how he lined up and how he covered this last Sunday. Maybe it was a function of who he was playing against, but my gut tells me that isn't the case. It will be interesting to watch is technique vs. Carolina this week.

homerun1970

Reaction score
The D and the offense played well enough to win after the typical 10 am start lag. The defense needs to tighten up especially in the redzone. I don't think that the team is that far off of being able to turn it around and go on a run. The offense actually looked much more effective than they have with Percy. Long clock eating drives keeping the defense ready.

Where I would say the game turned ugly was the special teams errors. Fisher is know for trick gadget plays and seems to enjoy doing them to the hawks. The yardage and field position not to mention points off a couple of those were brutal.
The coaches need to be more aware of those tendencies with the Rams.

The bad would be the refs. The game should not have been in their hands but for some reason this yr we are in some nail biters. The non review was probably the worst of it. The ones that stand out to me is how many times are they going to allow the DE to get mugged before they throw a flag in our favor. You often see Bennet crashing off the end with an arm around his neck and the lineman riding him like a show pony. Pressure is what makes this defense run and we are not being allowed to get it.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Russell's record performance has been understated in my opinion. He wasn't just good he was phenomenal. I so wish he would have had the chance to win it in the end, because he has actually struggled in those situations lately.