FB Options now?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sincle Coleman broke his foot, what direction will we go in now? I kind of like Turbin in at FB today, might be a better role for him long term. Where is Kiero Small?

Your thoughts?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If the coaches wanted they could pick up Small off the Browns practice squad.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I expect Small to get a call.

Honestly I would love to see Mike Rob back if he is still in shape. He would be a great presence for the locker room and we don't use the FB that much.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Forget the FB position... Turbin sucks as a FB.

Run 1/1 personnel with three wideouts.

That's our best personnel group.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope they grab Small off the Cleveland PS.

Love his pass pro, and he lights somebody up at least once a game.

Jville

Reaction score
I'd like to see Small in a Seahawk uniform.

Especially now that the offense is committed to getting back on track.

Fisherhawk

Reaction score
[I hope they grab Small off the Cleveland PS.

Love his pass pro, and he lights somebody up at least once a game./quote]

That does help out the "Soften them up with Lynch running in the early game,bigger yards happen
in the 2nd half" theory.Used to love seeing that with Robinson leading the charge.

drdiags

Reaction score
Thought of Small as well but I wonder if he would accept the offer to get on the 53 or opt to stay in Ohio? Closer to his hometown Philadelphia. How do you break your foot during warm-ups?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Small could make 4 times the money he is right now on the practice squad. If he were to pass that up...WTF.

chris98251

Reaction score
Small would be a great spark plug for us, being able to start and play basically for the rest of the season and get paid better is almost a no brainer.

drdiags

Reaction score
Other players have turned down offers to go from the PS to an active 53. One usually doesn't hear about it but it does happen from time to time. In case some of you didn't know or think it is impossible.

pehawk

Reaction score
I wonder what the salary difference is between PS and a rookie guy like Small?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
pehawk":2356g5sd said:
I wonder what the salary difference is between PS and a rookie guy like Small?

It depends what the Browns are playing their PS players, but you can make whatever assumptions you want based on minimums:

Practice squad players earn significantly less than players on the active roster, but they still take home a solid weekly paycheck. NFL practice squad players make a minimum of $6,000 per week they are on the practice squad. There is no limit to how much a team can pay a player on the practice squad. Some will offer a higher weekly salary in order to entice better players to sign, although the practice squad contracts do count against the salary cap.

If a player remains on the practice squad for an entire regular season, he would earn $102,000. A player with less than one accrued season on the active roster would earn a minimum salary of $405,000.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/31/4 ... ligibility

Edit:

Found this:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

It says that Small is making $107,000 on the practice squad.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
drdiags":1r20e4qq said:
Other players have turned down offers to go from the PS to an active 53. One usually doesn't hear about it but it does happen from time to time. In case some of you didn't know or think it is impossible.

What percentage of players who get offers to join an active roster do you think turn them down?

pehawk

Reaction score
Wasn't it Keirko Small that wrote a big essay in SI called "I'm going home to Ohio" or something like that, upon signing with the Browns PS? Pretty sure it was him.

IIRC, it was a HUGE deal. He probably wont come.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Small is from Baltimore. He played at Cardinal Gibbons. One person said he's from Philly and the other is confusing him with Ohio.

If the dude was offered a spot on an active roster to substantially increase his pay, you'd hope he'd do the calculation that he's a marginal NFL talent in a little-used position. If he makes multiples of what he makes this year on the practice squad, he'll have even more money to "go home" just from one season. The probability that he'll be on any NFL roster or practice squad next year is low.

This, of course, assumes that the Seahawks wanted to bring him in, which is just speculation.