Post game thoughts

sc85sis

Reaction score
Russell ended up 23/36, with 313 yards and 2 TDs passing, plus 106 yards and a TD rushing. #NotJustAGameManager

Baldwin also played like a boss in the second half. And Malcolm had ten solo tackles and the FF at the end.

Injuries are hurting us, but the slow start and ST were the problem today. I think the Harvin mess affected the team's focus.

On the positive side, we got back to showing some toughness today in the second half. There are signs we can come back stronger. Need to re-focus and come back next week.

Very disappointed with this loss, but I'm far from ready to throw in the towel.

Seafan

Reaction score
The loss of Unger and Miller really hurts. This OL can't handle those kind of losses.

Injuries have sure hurt the entire team but today really hurt the STs.

Should have expected that fake punt.

xgeoff

Reaction score
sc85sis":161wybvy said:
And Malcolm had ten solo tackles and the FF at the end.

Malcolm may have had a good game overall, but missed a crucial sack of the Rams QB at the end. He makes that tackle, better chance we get the ball back. No way Wagner misses that tackle.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I really liked how our offense looked in the second half. It's a good sign that the loss of Percy isn't going to mean our offense will struggle...in fact we might even be better.

Again, we played well enough to win. Defense did okay. Offense was pretty good. Special teams messed up pretty bad.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I've seen most Seahawk game snaps since the advent of Satellite TV's every-game coverage. It started in the early/mid 1990's.

I don't know if I've ever been more miffed at a lack of in-game coaching awareness than I am now. How many times does it take for this staff to learn that Fisher likes to gut us with special teams fake plays?

Holy &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

el capitan

Reaction score
Seafan":1zs5hyd2 said:
The loss of Unger and Miller really hurts. This OL can't handle those kind of losses.

If I were Miller's agent I'd be phoning JS and asking for that 3 million dollars back, he's obviously a hugely integral part of the offense. The guy got robbed, just imagine if he'd have said no and PCJS had cut him.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I think people overlook the fact we're out our: top 2 TEs, 2-4 CBs, C, and MLB (and lets be honest first game w/o percy)

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
el capitan":kylo1adp said:
Seafan":kylo1adp said:

If I were Miller's agent I'd be phoning JS and asking for that 3 million dollars back, he's obviously a hugely integral part of the offense. The guy got robbed, just imagine if he'd have said no and PCJS had cut him.

If i was JS i'd say that 3m less is because you're old and hurt...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Really need to clean up the penalties. It's nice to see the offense making plays but it's brutal watching them get called back. Defense just has me shaking my head. We're going to give up yards through the air with the injuries at corner but pass rush getting to QBs and failing to tackle, line backers taking bad angles and giving up YAC in the flat and Kam is obviously playing injured.

Special teams which has been such a game saver for us in the past has been so bad.

My biggest issue aside from the losses are the hits that Russell is taking. I know the o line is banged up and the guys aren't trying to suck but man, it really has to be corrected.

I still have hope for a turn around but not having a defense that we can trust to keep teams out of the end zone doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about our chances.

kmedic

Reaction score
Injuries are a part of the game and we were supposedly the deepest team in the league.

Defense and ST were atrocious today. Marcus Burley is not "Seahawk" caliber in my opinion. Doesn't play physical enough and gets repeatedly taken to school. We have no interior pass rush. This will continue to be a problem the rest of the season. I don't see Avril or Bennett getting more than five sacks each for the entire season. No QB pressure or sacks means more pressure on the secondary, which means more pressure on Burley to step up, which he hasn't done. If you continuely give up 25+ points per game you won't have a chance to win a championship let alone even make the friggin playoffs. We'll see how the defense can adjust but not very optimistic right now.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Poor play by everyone in the first half.
Poor play by defense and Special Teams in the second half.
Out coached. Do they not know the Rams love trick plays at home vs us??? I guess not.
Defense is non existent in big moments ALL season and this game fore sure.
The horrible non fumble call is the worst call I've seen since Vinny Testaverde was given a phantom TD against us in 1998.

Right now we suck, suck, suck in all phases. We might only beat Oakland this year.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
nanomoz":34azsoz4 said:
I don't know if I've ever been more miffed at a lack of in-game coaching awareness than I am now. How many times does it take for this staff to learn that Fisher likes to gut us with special teams fake plays?
Totally agree. I don't know what the deal was with that first punt, as I am unsure what each person's job is. Although you'd think someone would be watching the ball! It didn't curve for cryin' out loud.

But the fake punt really should have been beaten. Besides the fact that Fisher fakes a lot, even if everybody drops back into short pass coverage, what's the punter realistically going to do? He can pass to a covered receiver, he can try to run at which point we run up and stop him short, or he can punt. Odds are he'll punt. And we don't even have to try to return it, just let it go. Really poor special teams.

hangumhi

Reaction score
sc85sis":2bttg2cm said:
Russell ended up 23/36, with 313 yards and 2 TDs passing, plus 106 yards and a TD rushing. #NotJustAGameManager

Baldwin also played like a boss in the second half. And Malcolm had ten solo tackles and the FF at the end.

Injuries are hurting us, but the slow start and ST were the problem today. I think the Harvin mess affected the team's focus.

On the positive side, we got back to showing some toughness today in the second half. There are signs we can come back stronger. Need to re-focus and come back next week.

I agree. Dang though I really thought if we came out of there with a comeback win today it would have brought the locker room together...now I'm a little worried at the potential finger pointing. A loss to the Rams freaking hurts.

CHawK247

Reaction score
kmedic":3f8pp0wr said:
Injuries are a part of the game and we were supposedly the deepest team in the league.

Defense and ST were atrocious today. Marcus Burley is not "Seahawk" caliber in my opinion. Doesn't play physical enough and gets repeatedly taken to school. We have no interior pass rush. This will continue to be a problem the rest of the season. I don't see Avril or Bennett getting more than five sacks each for the entire season. No QB pressure or sacks means more pressure on the secondary, which means more pressure on Burley to step up, which he hasn't done. If you continuely give up 25+ points per game you won't have a chance to win a championship let alone even make the friggin playoffs. We'll see how the defense can adjust but not very optimistic right now.

We let our Depth leave. Not a chance in hell we're the deepest in the league this year. Last year the LOB got to much credit. The simple fact that we dominated The #1 Offense in NFL History with our D-Line Play spoke volumes. And what do we do? Let key factors go. Not only do we let them go..we don't even replace them!

Seriously what did we do this off-season to improve? Who did we bring in? Who did we draft? And ontop of all that we Trade away our biggest offensive threat!?.....Someone needs to be held responsible. This is unacceptable.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
sc85sis":1w5e5zd3 said:

"Think" ST play hurt us??? Dude, they crushed us...2 punt returns and a fake
Punt??? Nobody could overcome
That...

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":1ndfvw9n said:
sc85sis":1ndfvw9n said:

"Think" ST play hurt us??? Dude, they crushed us...2 punt returns and a fake
Punt??? Nobody could overcome
That...
Just an FYI, I'm not a dude.

Re-read what I wrote, particularly the part I just bolded above. ;-)

HawkWow

Reaction score
el capitan":wn06mtbo said:
Seafan":wn06mtbo said:

Immediately after learning the terms of his new deal, I told a friend Zach should have told JS to go (blank) himself. Here Zach, let this crap line we've assembled reduce you to a less active TE so we can cut your pay in half as our way of thanking you for being a good soldier. They call JS "The shark" but I don't see that as it's intended compliment and as of late, "The poser" may be more accurate, imo.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Special teams killed us. A kickoff return that set up their first TD, a punt return for another, and that fake punt that was a dagger in the heart. You can recover from one special teams blunder, but not 3, not with our team as crippled as we are.

I was pleased with the second half effort on both sides of the ball. But it's damn hard to come back from a 3 score deficit. Everything has to go your way when you fall behind that far.

Even if we lose in Carolina, we can still win our division. I still think that the Cards bubble will burst, and the Niners are having some problems themselves. 5 of our 6 divisional games come in the last half of the season, so there's plenty of time to right the ship. The NFC West is not nearly as tough as we thought a few months ago.

But it's not the mathematical odds of winning our division that concerns me. If we lose to Carolina, it will be our third loss in a row, something that hasn't happened to this team in a long time. Plus given the emotional turmoil we've been through, or perhaps still going through, with talk of a split locker room and the lingering fallout of the Harvin trade, we need a win to put these distractions behind us. Winning will re-unite the locker room. Losing will bring out the worst in players. If we lose to Carolina, we could be on a runaway train heading for a washed out bridge ala 2009 with Jim Mora. That makes this game huge.

And please, don't tell me that Pete Carroll is no Jim Mora. I know that. But Pete's credibility has taken a real hit this past week. I'm very disappointed at the reports I'm hearing.