We knew we were going to see this

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We are not the championship team that won the SB48. We are a collection of "most" of the players that were on that team.
Chemistry.
We over came Bevell last year to secure HFA and dominate the best offense in NFL history in the Super Bowl.

In a way, we are starting from scratch, but we can not use last year as a basis for our ability. We are different.

Also all other teams are different than last year, so comparing how we played with other teams "before" is irrelevant. If we are to compete in post season and aim high we need to stop the way we are playing now, every game this year so far we have had sparks and jolts, but we have not totally owned the turf. Most of you know the plays of ours last year were intense, our defense hammered on EVERY SNAP!, Our offense PUSHED EVERY ADVANTAGE! This year we have been pulling not pushing. We have been acting on opponents, not REACTING.

It's a whole new season now. we have to go out and forcefully win every #*%&$ game we play!

Largent80

Reaction score
Whatever. We played a bad game while the other team played out of their minds and they still barely won the game.

Time to focus on THIS Sunday, not last Sunday.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Whatever, we haven't looked great in ANY game this year. Good - at times, but not great.

We set the bar too low.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We don't look like we want it bad enough. That's why DB popped his top last Sunday.

We need to get FIRED UP!!

WendellWent

Reaction score
tom sawyer":n9fru5zp said:
We don't look like we want it bad enough. That's why DB popped his top last Sunday.

ADB popped his top because he is a diva. He needs to get over himself.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
WendellWent":3qvo9bco said:
tom sawyer":3qvo9bco said:

Diva, my ass. Dude is a passionate baller. He didn't throw anyone under the bus and pout like a little baby.

Largent80

Reaction score
DB shoulda been yelling at himself for dropping a pass right in his hands. Time to make up for it this Sunday.

WendellWent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":292clqiy said:
WendellWent":292clqiy said:
tom sawyer":292clqiy said:

Diva, my ass. Dude is a passionate baller. He didn't throw anyone under the bus and pout like a little baby.

So when WRs of other teams do this, they are problems/divas/etc, but when ADB does it he is a passionate baller? Sorry, doesn't come off that way. He has been a salty character the whole time he has been here, no reason to think different now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
WendellWent":i2tbxddb said:
-The Glove-":i2tbxddb said:
WendellWent":i2tbxddb said:
tom sawyer":i2tbxddb said:

So when WRs of other teams do this, they are problems/divas/etc, but when ADB does it he is a passionate baller? Sorry, doesn't come off that way. He has been a salty character the whole time he has been here, no reason to think different now.

There's a fundamental difference between Doug saying that the entire unit needs to be better, and a "diva" type WR whining that he needs to get more targets.

Football is a passionate sport, and Doug actually has that passion. He wants the entire unit to get better, not just "get him more targets."

I’m saying in general, our offense, we’re too just f------ good not to be moving the ball down the field. I’m not mad at Russ at all, it’s a collaborative thing. We’ve all got to pitch in and do our part. We’ve all got to be better.

I don't hear diva in that. I hear a guy who is dissatisfied with the awful performance the team just had and wants to get better, with his unit. What's the issue?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2colrr7x said:
Whatever, we haven't looked great in ANY game this year. Good - at times, but not great.

We set the bar too low.

Or some supporters ignore last years faults and set the bar beyond attainability this year.

Again...loss to Cards at home. Goaline stand at Rams. 20+ down to Bucs at home. Schwabb meltdown. Struggled to score at Giants, etc.

This team can come good. Difference is really good teams have taken advantage of our poorer performances. Last year that didnt happen

HawkFan72

Reaction score
tom sawyer":ju4szygi said:

We set the bar too low.

I wouldn't complain if we looked like we did against the Packers every week. If you don't think we looked great in week 1, then you have the bar set WAY too high.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1b8pdf3z said:
Or some supporters ignore last years faults and set the bar beyond attainability this year.
Again...loss to Cards at home. Goaline stand at Rams. 20+ down to Bucs at home. Schwabb meltdown. Struggled to score at Giants, etc.

This team can (be)come (that) good (again). Difference is really good teams have taken advantage of our poorer performances. Last year that didnt happen

Nailed it.

Last year we won 2 games we sucked in and had no business winning vs TB, Houston. We had amazing timely plays in a couple more (Rams, Carolina) that could have easily been losses. We needed that, to get SF in our house for NFCCG. Without the timely plays in those 4 games, we could have just as easily been a 9-7 out-of-the-playoffs team last year. In all cases, last year's team made the plays. This year, instead of us, at crunch time, Dallas made the plays. San Diego made the plays. Combination of talent, luck, injuries, conditions (heat in SD).

While I think 11-5, 12-4 is more likely, we could easily be that 10-6 team this year that gets healthy and really clicking at the end and then cleans everyone's clock in the playoffs.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
tom sawyer":w9uj2p5t said:
last year.... Our offense PUSHED EVERY ADVANTAGE!
Yeah our offense sure pushed every advantage when they put up 135 Total Yards in the Rams Road Game last year right? Or when they sputtered for most of the Texans game before being bailed out by the Sherman Pick 6? Sorry to break it to you, but getting the #1 seed is very very hard to do and we probably won't get it this year. This team will probably finish somewhere in the range of 10-6 to 12-4 which might win the division or get a wild card spot. Not sure where all these unrealistic expectations are coming from... All that should be reasonably expected is that we make the playoffs and hopefully go on a run from there. We don't need homefield to win in the playoffs either, ever since the 2nd half of the 2012 season this has been a great road team.

Latest posts