Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
Video Feed:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Audio Feed:

[urltargetblank]http://player.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM[/urltargetblank]

Watch Video Replay of the Presser here:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-7-Monday-Press-Conference/38fa039e-9696-4401-8050-6431fca480a4[/urltargetblank]

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
kidhawk":1fd3k99h said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1fd3k99h said:

Pete hasn't been on time for his pressers ever in his tenure here....he'll be there eventually

I know I was just getting antsy. Want to hear what he has to say.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1qr69360 said:
kidhawk":1qr69360 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1qr69360 said:

Pete hasn't been on time for his pressers ever in his tenure here....he'll be there eventually

I know I was just getting antsy. Want to hear what he has to say.

I'm always interested, but I'm interested this week to see where we are injury wise. We are getting dangerously thin in some areas.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said after watching tape that Dallas played a really good game. Said we had some issues we need to work on. Focused on the 3rd and 20 play as where we still had a good chance to win the game.

On Byron Maxwell. Has a calf strain (as reported earlier) should be much shorter than the previously thought high ankle sprain

Simon will practice this week. Will see how he does. He's talking about waiting til friday to know

Wagner has Turf toe. Doesn't know what that means for next week.

Okung's "sprained shoulder" said the labrum's involved but he has full strength and is going to continue to play

Unger is day to day. Said Schilling filled in well.

Miller is still rehabbing, not likely to be back this week.

Said he feels he didn't do a good job getting the players ready for the game and cleaning up mistakes from the Washington game. Said there is room for the coaches and the players to all get it right going forward

Said we couldn't get the right rhythm on offense. Sounded a lot like what was said after the Charger loss. emphasized we don't want Lynch getting so few carries.

Said Terrell did alright

Said Lane starts practicing next week...said it would be fantastic if Simon could be back this week and Lane the next (although I thought Lane wasn't eligible to play until Novemer????)

Seems his theme for today is consistency.

Praised Maxwell for how he started the game.

Said it was a great matchup putting Sherman on Bryant.

Chancellor made it through the game ok. Said Kam should be ok to practice this week even though he didn't practice at all last week.

Asked if Wright moves inside for Wagner in case he can't go, and Pete said we'll have to wait and see.

on Wilson's game. Said there were a few things he could have done better to help the line calling protections. Gave Dallas some credit in defending a few of the throws.

Said there were calls downfield if you go back and look, but either they just weren't open or they just weren't able to complete them.

On Baldwin's reactions....said he knows the kind of player and competitor Doug is and that he was fired up and it resulted in him venting some.

Says we are fine whenever we run the ball alot, when we don't, then we aren't the same team on offense.

Says it's not as simple as just handing Lynch the ball more. Says that circumstances dictate different calls in different situation

On False starts. pete went right to Okung....said he's been a little jumpy....

Sherman has a bit of a shoulder issue (mentioned by the reporter) Pete said that he's fine

That was pretty much it for today.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bobby having turf toe is very concerning.........................Not an easy injury to deal with, he have to be put on the shelf as well.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I wonder why it takes losing to realize that you're not running marshawn enough.

You should probably have realized that back when you decidde not to run marshawn enough.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
If we are to believe PC that 24 did not get the ball due to all the 3 and outs one would infer we pass to setup the run.

He seemed a bit testy in the presser

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Happypuppy":2hb7sta8 said:
If we are to believe PC that 24 did not get the ball due to all the 3 and outs one would infer we pass to setup the run.

He seemed a bit testy in the presser

I hope he's at the very least testy. The whole team and coaching staff needs to be testy.

daveman918

Reaction score
I think Pete's comment on Wilson doing better at calling out protections is pretty astute. I've said in the past that this is one thing that we get in spades from Max Unger. You just have to watch him and he's always paying great attention to the D and calling things out. Wilson maybe needs to learn a bit more from Max on this.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3lbxnszt said:
I wonder why it takes losing to realize that you're not running marshawn enough.

You should probably have realized that back when you decidde not to run marshawn enough.
Agreed. Thats not something that requires going back and watching the tape. Pete had the power to get Lynch the ball more and he didn't. Is Pete not allowed to tell Bevell to feed the beast?