Getting Hot at the Right time

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Could we be like the 2011 Giants that got hot at the right time? Even the 2010 Packers, both those teams started 3-2. Granted they were wildcards, I am more confident that this is a much better road team than the previous Seahawks regime. Right now we lost our identity from last year, and I hope the coaches sees that and get us back to our running plays and deep balls. Stick with what had worked last year. This is reminiscent of our 2012 year, and we started to play well down the stretch. I want us to be ignored by the media, and be doubted by them each and every day, this team needs to have a chip on their shoulder again.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
49ers were 3-2 last year, then they got to 12-4
Season isn't over until we're mathematically out of it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We've only lost two games and both against 5-1 teams. We're not cold, we've just played a tough schedule.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1qcsphy9 said:
We've only lost two games and both against 5-1 teams. We're not cold, we've just played a tough schedule.

Agreed, and did so with an EXTREMELY depleted group of Cornerbacks. How many teams can compete with the teams we've played using a 4th and 5th string corner?

There is still a LOT of season left to go and I'm far from giving up on this team.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This team just needs to grind out wins through the rest of the season. It's a tough division and a tough schedule.

I was taken aback by the 16-0 predictions by some people at the start of the season. I think a lot of people are starting to re-calibrate back to where I was at the beginning of the season in that making the playoffs is hard enough. Winning the division is a feat. Winning HFA is really, really hard.

Right now this team has to deal with the Rams, and given how difficult it is to go out there and win I hope they get back to basics next week and tear Fisher's crew up. The likelihood of a dirty, awful game is high.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1pyfow4f said:
SonicHawk":1pyfow4f said:

Agreed, and did so with an EXTREMELY depleted group of Cornerbacks. How many teams can compete with the teams we've played using a 4th and 5th string corner?

There is still a LOT of season left to go and I'm far from giving up on this team.

I agree that we've played a tough schedule, but I would also argue that we've lost our offensive direction a bit. And as noted, we're dealing with lesser depth on D than we had last season, and we're dealing with some unfortunate injuries on that side of the ball that are making things more difficult on D than we're used to.

With the defense being a bit depleted, we can't afford to have the offense go into funks like we've seen the last couple of games. I think this team has the talent to overcome the issues they've faced thus far, but it's going to require the team - players and coaches alike - to dedicate themselves to identifying those issues and ways to address them.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Frankly, the sky is not falling.

This is NFL football... other teams and players are getting paid to win games, too.

But I think its fair to say where we probably had the most talent in 2013, we probably rank in the 5-10 range with all the injuries/losses in 2014. Part of that for some reason are the Coordinatoors not playing up to our strengths and I think part of the reason is they are trying to stay ahead of the curve and its just not working.

So, I think this team will get back to the basics and just play up to their strengths and not force feeding gimmick schemes.

But again this is far from over, if the Seahawks win their next 3 games they sit at 6-2.

We saw 2012 Ravens, 2011 Giants, 2010 Packers, and 2005 Steelers all win superbowls with 9-7/10-6 records.

So even if the Seahawks don't make it to 12-4/13-3 and win the Division there is always a chance if we can just get in the play-offs.

We have a good team, but it still fairly young, and going through metamorphis of sorts brought on a change of philopshy in schemes as well as passing the baton of Leadership. If they can get healthy and all get on the same page, this is still a Championship winning team.

And to me none of the teams from St Louis to Kansas City will be as good as the Cowboys or Chargers or Broncos or Packers we've faced thus far.

Winning the next 5-6 games or so is still very possible and now we can just get on a week to week schedule without pro-longed breaks or shortened weeks from here to Thanksgiving. Get on Schedule and stay on schedule.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3a2zgmz4 said:

Unless cold = flat. I definitely feel we are playing flat. But not to detract from your excellent position, I have no doubt we will rebound. The Cowboys have put together a strong foundation, we've failed to do so. With that, losing to a team like them is no disgrace. It's a sign and no better time than now to take notice of such signs / weakness'.

Speaking with a friend that would know such things, the team is responding to this ass-whuppin' exactly how we'd hope they would. No finger pointing and all sharing responsibility for this less than stellar performance. A reoccurring statement, from the players, has been "We let the fans down and we let our owner down. They deserve better than this **** ".

I love this team. I always have. I always will. We win together and we lose together. Anyone dreaming of jumping ship...well, please do.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm so incredibly not concerned at a 3-2 start. Facing some adversity early on in the season is a good thing for this team IMO. If we had the KC Chiefs schedule from last year and were able to start off and roll up 12-0 or something, I think that would have been worse than starting off 3-2.

2 Losses is nothing to worry about, any of the statistics that get thrown around by the mediots are worthless. All of these statistics about early season records are pretty silly. I remember hearing the one about 'teams that start 0-2' last year, sure most teams that start off with an 0-2 record don't make the playoffs because most teams that start off 0-2 are BAD teams. There are some things to work on, but we have a very talented team and I'm not going to worry until we are mathematically eliminated from the 6th wild card spot.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3bk5k4vg said:

Ya we have probably had the toughest schedule so far...I challenge anyone to find a harder schedule

Packers are 4-2
Chargers are 5-1
Broncos are 4-1
Cowboys are 5-1
Redskins are 1-5

That is a 19-10 record. 18-5 if you take out the redskins and 2 of those losses were to us.

Latest posts