Alright, look

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
We need to stop the blitzing. Last year, blitzing was rare, and as such, the linebackers could stop the 25 yard check down passes. This year it is getting us killed.

seabowl

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1j1mvf98 said:
We need to stop the blitzing. Last year, blitzing was rare, and as such, the linebackers could stop the 25 yard check down passes. This year it is getting us killed.

So you want to give the opposing QB 8 seconds in the pocket instead of 6?

Largent80

Reaction score
The thing is Benji, Pete will NOT do that with his coaches. I can already hear his response on Kiro Monday morning at 9:20.

He is simply going to give credit to the Cowboys, and a bunch of other reasons why we didn't win.

I would like to know where we are supposed to dig up cornerbacks that are going to be able to come in and help us win games. Not the end of the world, but after today.....Meh.

hawk45

Reaction score
We were kinda screwed re: blitzing. When we didn't Romo could watch an entire Netflix season back there but I agree the blitzing doesn't help you cover the short dump-offs that killed us on third and long.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The problem has an easy fix. Call run plays with Marshawn in the game and run the run play called. I don't know if Russell is changing run plays to passes or if Bevell is calling pass plays, either way, the Seahawks are passing too much. Marshawn had a 6 ypc average in both losses, but only ran the ball 16 times combined in those games.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawk45":p40p05pl said:
We were kinda screwed re: blitzing. When we didn't Romo could watch an entire Netflix season back there but I agree the blitzing doesn't help you cover the short dump-offs that killed us on third and long.

Nor does it help if the blitz doesn't "get there". Cowboys handled blitz attempts pretty well, except for 1 or 2 from Wagner. Otherwise it was piled up in the middle with no pocket effect, only less bodies in coverage. If your gonna blitz better blitz well.

chawx

Reaction score
Here's the deal. We're not sneaking past anyone this year. We have a target firmly planted on our backs, fronts, and sides...no one is going to lay an egg against us this year. We have to be more disciplined and more mentally strong. Everyone from top to bottom needs to reevaluate themselves and remind themselves why they play this game. We got fat from all the love this offseason, and now we look slower and weaker and not as tuned in and sharp.

Is it fixable? Damn right. Can we fix it? That's up to each person individually. Whatever it takes to win the game, pretty or ugly--a win is a win. And that's all we have to do right now. Get more points than the other team. Win every play. Win every down.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nothing about the stats this year says elite.

22nd ranked defense, and that is supposed to be the strength of this team.

The offense is inconsistent or at least not dependable.

I would say very good. Certainly able to beat any team on a good day but elite is stretching it.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
rideaducati":25o20fe9 said:
The problem has an easy fix. Call run plays with Marshawn in the game and run the run play called. I don't know if Russell is changing run plays to passes or if Bevell is calling pass plays, either way, the Seahawks are passing too much. Marshawn had a 6 ypc average in both losses, but only ran the ball 16 times combined in those games.

Marshawn's ypc in both games were skewed by one good run in each. He had one run over 5 yds today.

I agree though, feed the Beast. Get back to our bread and butter that rolled teams on our run last year. Teams are stacking the box on us big time because 75% of our plays get a guy the ball within 5 yds of the LOS. Too much speed in the NFL to play that kind of offense.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
chawx":2ojz64wc said:
Here's the deal. We're not sneaking past anyone this year. We have a target firmly planted on our backs, fronts, and sides...no one is going to lay an egg against us this year. We have to be more disciplined and more mentally strong. Everyone from top to bottom needs to reevaluate themselves and remind themselves why they play this game. We got fat from all the love this offseason, and now we look slower and weaker and not as tuned in and sharp.

Is it fixable? Damn right. Can we fix it? That's up to each person individually. Whatever it takes to win the game, pretty or ugly--a win is a win. And that's all we have to do right now. Get more points than the other team. Win every play. Win every down.

Nailed it. This mediocrity is more mental fortitude than anything. We look soft. Earl looks terrible, Kam non existent today. On and on and on...

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm not all "chicken little," but it's hard to watch the 'Hawks lose at home to a historically mistake-prone team. This team is good. And it has the best home field advantage in the NFL.

I felt a lack of direction (that felt arrogant, though, I may be wrong) on offense in the first half. The mantra "it's not how you start is how you finish" only works when you can close out games. This team could barely get in the end zone despite, what, 4 possessions that began in their own territory?

I don't think the Cowboys defense is good enough to feel good about the team's lackluster showing today.

rideaducati

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":z7peguve said:
rideaducati":z7peguve said:

Marshawn's ypc in both games were skewed by one good run in each. He had one run over 5 yds today.

I agree though, feed the Beast. Get back to our bread and butter that rolled teams on our run last year. Teams are stacking the box on us big time because 75% of our plays get a guy the ball within 5 yds of the LOS. Too much speed in the NFL to play that kind of offense.

Russ is holding the ball WAY TOO LONG on pass plays beyond five yards, so that may be the reason for the crap being called. Either way, it's a complete failure. The O-line doesn't pass protect long enough for pass plays to develop. Russ holds the ball too long looking for the BIG PLAY instead of taking what is there and wide receivers aren't getting open and are dropping too many balls.

Also, I am getting sick of watching Russell Wilson run twenty yards in the wrong direction when he escapes the pocket instead of stepping up and through the huge holes that are there to be stepped through.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
rideaducati":3o7v0b2f said:
LoneHawkFan":3o7v0b2f said:
rideaducati":3o7v0b2f said:

Russ is holding the ball WAY TOO LONG on pass plays beyond five yards, so that may be the reason for the crap being called. Either way, it's a complete failure. The O-line doesn't pass protect long enough for pass plays to develop. Russ holds the ball too long looking for the BIG PLAY instead of taking what is there and wide receivers aren't getting open and are dropping too many balls.

Also, I am getting sick of watching Russell Wilson run twenty yards in the wrong direction when he escapes the pocket instead of stepping up and through the huge holes that are there to be stepped through.

Not sure where Russell's head is. I can't see enough f the field to determine how open our receivers are. I find it hard to believe they just aren't getting open. Today we had the drops also.

I keep going back to the play design. Our best pas plays with Russell seem to be naked bootlegs with guys open at three levels down field. One of them is almost always open in the scenario, given that the DE has sol out on the run (which obviously is only effective when we have established the run). We need some quick 3- step drops to slanting WRs and curls, outs. None of that today. None.