This team has lost its competitive fire

strohmin

Reaction score
Now I know why they say it is hard to repeat as champions. This team may be playing hard, but last year they were on another level when it came to competing. They had this attitude that winning is more important than anything, but I dont see that this year. I really hope this loss is the wake up call they needed.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I texted back and forth with my brother all game and I am in your camp for sure. Although personnel changes on defense and a lack of depth are absolutely part of the equation, I firmly believe that this, this mediocrity is more of a function of our overall mental state of being. We don't play with that attitude we had the last two years. There's been a collective exhale, so to speak. And it starts on top...this bullsh*t offensive scheme better be tossed in the bin or we're doomed to a .500 season. Percy Harvin is the best athlete on the field besides our QB...and the only place our OC can get him the ball seems to be in the frickin backfield. That play has worked one time all season. Last year I was begging for some shorter passes, bubble screens, quick slants...now it's the opposite. If we can't beat DBs with Percy, Lockette, and Richardson, then we have a huge problem.

Wilson needs to throw the ball downfield when the play calls for it. He seems so unconfident back there. In his receivers? In his ability to place the ball where only they can catch it? Last week he bailed himself out with some huge runs...but not today. Bevell is a complete joke, and if Pete is behind this scheme we have going on offense, then he is too.

I'm so disappointed. I felt better than this two weeks ago when the A's beat the Rangers to eliminate the M's.

Absolutely horrible display of football. Embarrassing.

CHawK247

Reaction score
Clemons, Tate, Browner, Red...their the ones who started the fire and we let them go because we're the SB Champs and we don't need them....Unreal.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This team sure has lost something, what that something is could be a wide range of things.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Personally, I'm worried they haven't refilled the deck. Past 2 drafts yielded a lot of players but no studs.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I guess Some guys got their rings and got their money so they aren't putting in that extraordinary effort we saw last year.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Maybe they are worrying about their new cloths line and appearances . Major distractions coming off a championship . Now we will see what this team is made of if this doesn't get your fire burning there is no hope for it to happen this year .

davidonmi

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":37ih7uno said:
Personally, I'm worried they haven't refilled the deck. Past 2 drafts yielded a lot of players but no studs.
Hard to argue with that

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys played a great game today on O and D and special-teams gaffs really hurt them, which kept us in the game.

Losing Golden Tate has really hurt the receiving corps. If we refuse to run Harvin on intermidiate routes, then our WRs are pedestrian, (sorry Doug.) Willson can't catch the ball in traffic, Okung can't protect the blindside and gets multiple false start penalties. The passing game is bad right now.

On defense, we're really hurt by not being able to press cover and the RCB position is a glaring weakness and the pass rush is not picking up the slack, also against the Cowboys we missed too many tackles. Wagner and Chancellor being nicked up also didn't help.

I think this team is showing that it's missing key players from last year and having a hard time adjusting to new rules, and other teams are keying on these weaknesses. To think that it's because they aren't playing hard enough is giving into magical thinking.

It's a long season, but from what I've seen, I expect the Hawks to go 11-5, I just don't see the pass protection and right-side corner situations improving enough to where we can avoid dropping less than three games.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Disagree. This is still a young team with a tough schedule and a full plate of top 10 QBs. Before the season all but Cousins made my list of top 6 QBs in the NFL. That's tough.

But a year ago against Newton, Kaepernick, Henne, Schaub, and Luck...the Seahawks were 4-1 but easily could have been 2-3.

If Wilson doesn't hit Kearse for a 50+ TD or if Dangelo Williams doesn't fumble the ball at their 7 yard line.

And obviously the Houston game, where the Texans shit the bed in the 2nd half after being up 20-3.

This is pretty much the same Seahawks team we saw last year at this time of the year but we are getting exploited by our lack of 2ndary depth by some of the best QBs in the game. And we aren't getting defensive turnovers. Seahawks aren't getting lucky or getting the breaks. That's football.

Obviously, that s not all the problems but let's not sit here and act like the Seahawks came out and dominated every single opponent last year on their Superbowl run.

We have issues but its way too early to be concrete, this team has 11 games left... and it is impossible that a switch comes on and they go 14-2.

Unlikely, yet we saw the Giants and Ravens win a Superbowl going 9-7.

Seahawks have always been much better in the 2nd half of the season.. and we don't need the #1 seed to win a Superbowl.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":29bte4ij said:

This is a real big problem right now.......... very few players making any kind of contribution. You lose Red and hope to replace him with Scruggs & cut Scruggs this week.......... Let Tate walk and replace him with Richardson and he has been a non-factor. Lose McDonald replace with Hill..... downgrade Lose Thurmond/Browner replace with Simon who cannot get on the field due to injury Use a 2nd round pick on a "luxary" RB when an O-lineman or DB could have been taken. Lose Breno and replace him with a guy who may pan out, but right now isn't as good.

It isn't so much the loss of those vets, that's inevitable in today's NFL, it's the lack or quality or even close to quality replacements.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
blkhwk":rc3o7srg said:
Sarlacc83":rc3o7srg said:

This is a real big problem right now.......... very few players making any kind of contribution. You lose Red and hope to replace him with Scruggs & cut Scruggs this week.......... Let Tate walk and replace him with Richardson and he has been a non-factor. Lose McDonald replace with Hill..... downgrade Lose Thurmond/Browner replace with Simon who cannot get on the field due to injury Use a 2nd round pick on a "luxary" RB when an O-lineman or DB could have been taken. Lose Breno and replace him with a guy who may pan out, but right now isn't as good.

It isn't so much the loss of those vets, that's inevitable in today's NFL, it's the lack or quality or even close to quality replacements.

Yup. This issue is going to come into everyone's focus really soon. The last 2 drafts have been terrible. They are getting almost nothing from 2 drafts. That could lead to ruin for this team in a year or two.

chawx

Reaction score
hawkfannj":9gwsigsm said:
Maybe they are worrying about their new cloths line and appearances . Major distractions coming off a championship . Now we will see what this team is made of if this doesn't get your fire burning there is no hope for it to happen this year .

Hey man, I challenge you to #passThePeace