Red zone defense

jonkchar

Reaction score
Is anyone else concerned about the Sea hawks giving up red zone touchdowns? Last year the team was among the best on keeping teams out of the end zone if the opposing team were in the red zone.

I'm thinking it's a mix of the Seahawks needing to get in that Sunday-to - Sunday groove, needing a healthy secondary depth roster & opposing teams doing their homework on our secondary.

What are your thoughts?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I think the LOB rule is affecting their play. I think they WERE getting away with a lot of stuff and now that they can't they've got to find their game playing by the new rules. I think they were due to regress anyways and even without the rule it was expected this season. I hope our offense makes up for it.

HHawk121

Reaction score
There was almost certainly no way they were going continue the dominance of 2013. The historical level at which they played was just that... Historical. With that having been said, I'm sure having 2 games in an entire month has cut into their consistency a fair bit.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Are fans expecting a shutout every week? Do fans think last year was a cakewalk?

They held Aaron Rodgers to 16 points.

They held Peyton Manning to 3 points for almost the entire game. The game was never in doubt until some truly miraculous throws.

They held Cousins to 17 points and only one TD was in the Redzone. On the road.

Our only loss of the season was to Phillip Rivers, who is pretty good, in 120 degree heat where pretty much every player needed IVs before, during, and after the game.

The other team will score points.

OP
OP
J

jonkchar

Reaction score
Basis4day I think you commented in the wrong thread