ESPN Headline "Seahawks Find A Way"

Tokadub

Reaction score
ESPN Headline "Seahawks Find A Way"...

As if this was some epic game that we had to miraculously overcome impossible odds, a game to go down in history... We had to rally as a team to "find a way" to steal a win in these unlikely disadvantageous circumstances to mount some epic comeback win against a superior team...

waynes-world-not.jpeg

Correct me if I'm wrong but after the first score of the game (12:44 left to go in the 1st quarter) the Redskins never came closer than 7 points behind us...

A quick glance at the scoring summary would suggest that on average they were about 10 points BEHIND US...

So how is the headline "Seahawks Find A Way"... what a joke :shock:

The headline should be:

"Seahawks get totally screwed by the Referees in the NFL's obvious attempt to make this game competitive no matter what... it doesn't matter if this game becomes an un-watchable and ridiculous joke."

It's clear to me the Seahawk's are destined to be under rated by the media. Now were always gonna hear about how we nearly lost to the Redskins, they will ignore how screwed up the game was and how favored the Redskins were by the referees. This is gonna be a LONG year if this keeps up every away game...

And yes I have been drinking and I will comment more on this game as soon as the replay becomes available on NFL rewind. Watching this disaster the first time was not even comprehensible it was so badly officiated, I'm gonna have to focus on what actually happened when I re-watch it... the first time I was just like "LOL" or "WTF" the WHOLE TIME...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tokadub":19p682kf said:
ESPN Headline "Seahawks Find A Way"...

As if this was some epic game that we had to miraculously overcome impossible odds, a game to go down in history... We had to rally as a team to "find a way" to steal a win in these unlikely disadvantageous circumstances to mount some epic comeback win against a superior team...

waynes-world-not.jpeg

Correct me if I'm wrong but after the first score of the game (12:44 left to go in the 1st quarter) the Redskins never came closer than 7 points behind us...

A quick glance at the scoring summary would suggest that on average they were more than 10 points BEHIND US...

So how is this headline "Seahawks Find A Way"... what a joke :shock:

The headline should be:

"Seahawks get totally screwed by the Referees in the NFL's obvious attempt to make this game competitive no matter what... it doesn't matter if this game becomes an un-watchable and ridiculous joke."

It's clear to me the Seahawk's are destined to be under rated by the media. Now were always gonna hear about how we nearly lost to the Redskins, they will ignore how screwed up the game was and how favored the Redskins were by the referees. This is gonna be a LONG year if this keeps up every away game...

And yes I have been drinking and I will comment more on this game as soon as the replay becomes available on NFL rewind. Watching this disaster the first time was not even comprehensible it was so badly officiated, I'm gonna have to focus on what actually happened when I re-watch it... the first time I was just like "LOL" or "WTF" the WHOLE TIME...

If it makes you feel any better, I don't recall hearing much about the TB, HOU, IND, or AZ games after we won the SB. This one will be remembered by SEA fans far longer than fans of other teams.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
I donno man, I'm pretty sure at least half the media guys are gonna cite this as an example of why we are vulnerable and use it as a basis why other teams can beat us in future match ups.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":ztjrv1ft said:
I donno man, I'm pretty sure at least half the media guys are gonna cite this as an example of why we are vulnerable and use it as a basis why other teams can beat us in future match ups.

And just why should we care what they think again? In the spirit of Belichick, "On to Dallas."

Threedee

Reaction score
Try Bleacher Report if ESPN's reaction is too tepid. They are lovin' on Russell over there!

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Tokadub":4t8lrs3p said:
How exactly did it show the team's vulnerability? Pancake block on Carp, BS flag. Motion of Harvin called a false start, BS flag. That's 14 right there. There's more, I'm drunk, don't care to look up more.

Vulnerable to the referees. OK.

Even that TD by D-Jac was only because Kam can't run quite as fast as Desean...

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2knuvsuw said:
Tokadub":2knuvsuw said:
How exactly did it show the team's vulnerability? Pancake block on Carp, BS flag. Motion of Harvin called a false start, BS flag. That's 14 right there. There's more, I'm drunk, don't care to look up more.

Yeah that's my point, it didn't really show any vulnerabilities other than DeSean Jackson tearing us up. But I'm fully expecting this game to be cited multiple times as an "obvious" reason why our team isn't good enough to win another Superbowl or to win any specific match ups in the future.

You'll have these guys on national television like "Well you know those 1-4 Redskins really pushed Seattle to their limit, they really got away with one there. I don't think they can handle a team like the 49ers, they are a weak road team... just look what happened at San Diego and in Washington DC..."

Etc, etc... I donno I just hate the media when they say stupid or misleading things whether it be sports or even worst important real world events. They really try to control how people think and bad media is probably one of my biggest problems with society as a whole. I just can't stand the stuff.

Most people say "oh who cares what they say". Yeah, easy for us to say since we are smart Seahawk fans :p , but all the dummies of the world are gonna believe everything, it's just annoying and troubling to me.

This problem mainly originated for me with just mainstream media on important national or world wide issues, but it's so bad that it bothers me immensely even when their misleading ignorance is brought to sports.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
OK good they already changed it, even the ESPN guys must have realized how stupid and misleading that Headline was... :D

It is now:

"Wilson Runs To The Rescue"

Which still kind of implies that we needed to be saved but it's much more accurate since without his runs we could of lost so I'm down with that.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Tokadub":1xpatrvi said:
NorCalHawk12":1xpatrvi said:
Tokadub":1xpatrvi said:

Yeah that's my point, it didn't really show any vulnerabilities other than DeSean Jackson tearing us up. But I'm fully expecting this game to be cited multiple times as an "obvious" reason why our team isn't good enough to win another Superbowl or to win any specific match ups in the future.

You'll have these guys on national television like "Well you know those 1-4 Redskins really pushed Seattle to their limit, they really got away with one there. I don't think they can handle a team like the 49ers, they are a weak road team... just look what happened at San Diego and in Washington DC..."

Etc, etc... I donno I just hate the media when they say stupid or misleading things whether it be sports or even worst important real world events. They really try to control how people think and bad media is probably one of my biggest problems with society as a whole. I just can't stand the stuff.

Most people say "oh who cares what they say". Yeah, easy for us to say since we are smart Seahawk fans :p , but all the dummies of the world are gonna believe everything, it's just annoying and troubling to me.

This problem mainly originated for me with just mainstream media on important national or world wide issues, but it's so bad that it bothers me immensely even when their misleading ignorance is brought to sports.
Oh, my bad. You are right, I see that. I didn't get the sarcasm or the inference. Now I see where you were going with that. Sorry, Toke.

A

Anonymous

Just think about how they'd be talking about the Redskins had they pulled it off?

Several of us would need medical attention.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hey, they snatched victory from the jaws the Zebras...on the road none-the-less, so, in that since, they beat some steep odds and laughed.

I love this team. Now if they can clean up some of the pre-snap penalties (other than the ridiculous head bob call). I'd say this game was a good warm-up for other blitz-happy teams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They dominated the game, just like they did vs. the Bronco's. They didn't "find a way"
They were clearly the better team, yet again.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Technically, they found a way to win despite being their own worst enemy last night.