Fan Situation at FedEx

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I was amazed how how many seats were filled with Seahawks fans at FedEx tonight. When I walked around the stadium concourse there were a lot of rolling "SEA...HAWKS" chants going down with large groups. The chants went on during the game and were rolling through the stadium after the game had just ended.

Most of the <WASHINGTON> fans were completely apathetic towards their team. They got excited and up for the long catches by Jackson and a few other plays, but the crowd was full of people who were simply broken before the Seahawks came to town. I don't know what percentage of people there were Seahawks fans, but it was ridiculously high considering they were the road team.

I will say one fan of the home team had me rolling late in the game when the ball was badly spotted and it went to 4th down for the Seahawks. He screamed "YES! HOME FIELD REFS! THANK YOU!". Everybody was surprised by the Wilson forward pass after crossing the line of scrimmage call; I thought it would go the other way because I wasn't aware of the rule to the level that his whole body needs to be forward of the line.

My seat in the 220 section sucked really bad at times. I had a pillar that was blocking a chunk of the field from the 20 yard line to the back of the end zone. I saw one fan who had a seat right behind the pillar; she spent the whole game attempting to peer around the wall.

Me and my buddy tried to go over to section next to the MNF broadcast team right after the game, like many saw on TV during the Rams game last year. Stadium security tried to push everybody out and only after being threatened by the police being on the way did we move out. I saw some dude in a Hawks jersey trying to start a fight down near the front with people holding him back; I don't know if his behavior was the catalyst for getting us booted or a symptom.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2964trtr said:
I was amazed how how many seats were filled with Seahawks fans at FedEx tonight. When I walked around the stadium concourse there were a lot of rolling "SEA...HAWKS" chants going down with large groups. The chants went on during the game and were rolling through the stadium after the game had just ended.

Most of the <WASHINGTON> fans were completely apathetic towards their team. They got excited and up for the long catches by Jackson and a few other plays, but the crowd was full of people who were simply broken before the Seahawks came to town. I don't know what percentage of people there were Seahawks fans, but it was ridiculously high considering they were the road team.

I will say one fan of the home team had me rolling late in the game when the ball was badly spotted and it went to 4th down for the Seahawks. He screamed "YES! HOME FIELD REFS! THANK YOU!". Everybody was surprised by the Wilson forward pass after crossing the line of scrimmage call; I thought it would go the other way because I wasn't aware of the rule to the level that his whole body needs to be forward of the line.

My seat in the 220 section sucked really bad at times. I had a pillar that was blocking a chunk of the field from the 20 yard line to the back of the end zone. I saw one fan who had a seat right behind the pillar; she spent the whole game attempting to peer around the wall.

Me and my buddy tried to go over to section next to the MNF broadcast team right after the game, like many saw on TV during the Rams game last year. Stadium security tried to push everybody out and only after being threatened by the police being on the way did we move out. I saw some dude in a Hawks jersey trying to start a fight down near the front with people holding him back; I don't know if his behavior was the catalyst for getting us booted or a symptom.

That's what happened when you are world champions everybody wants a piece of you .

Laloosh

Reaction score
bmorepunk":12lcjs8d said:

You didn't take a picture of that poor soul behind the pillar? That would have been hilarious to see.

M2MG

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2e9cj27k said:

I've been to a game at FedEx Field, but several years ago and no Seahawks were involved. It was in 2006 it was the 'Skins vs Falcons. I swear, I saw every single NFL jersey in that stadium during that game. I saw a guy wearing a Seahawks jersey, and while I wouldn't question someone with that sort of fashion acumen, I was still, well, questioning them. Either way, my point is that the stadium experience in Landover is, in my opinion, lacking. And they pipe in crowd noise. I heard it from the speakers above me. It's true.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Awesome report, and thanks to the fans out there representing on the other coast.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
M2MG":1yc8i7s1 said:
...I've been to a game at FedEx Field, but several years ago and no Seahawks were involved. It was in 2006 it was the 'Skins vs Falcons. I swear, I saw every single NFL jersey in that stadium during that game. I saw a guy wearing a Seahawks jersey, and while I wouldn't question someone with that sort of fashion acumen, I was still, well, questioning them. Either way, my point is that the stadium experience in Landover is, in my opinion, lacking. And they pipe in crowd noise. I heard it from the speakers above me. It's true.
Too many people from all over the country working there...Pentagon, Capitol Hill, military bases, et cetera....

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Laloosh":16ny43km said:
You didn't take a picture of that poor soul behind the pillar? That would have been hilarious to see.

I think my buddy did. I'll try to remember to get it from him so we can post it here. I'm just going to admit right now that I don't have a smartphone. I'm not even old, I just don't like the idea of paying more than $10 a month for a cell phone.

M2MG":16ny43km said:
I've been to a game at FedEx Field, but several years ago and no Seahawks were involved. It was in 2006 it was the 'Skins vs Falcons. I swear, I saw every single NFL jersey in that stadium during that game. I saw a guy wearing a Seahawks jersey, and while I wouldn't question someone with that sort of fashion acumen, I was still, well, questioning them. Either way, my point is that the stadium experience in Landover is, in my opinion, lacking. And they pipe in crowd noise. I heard it from the speakers above me. It's true.

I saw some weird jerseys last night, like a Patriots fan wearing a Julian Edelman jersey. I also saw a woman wearing a Seahawks Jerry Rice jersey (along with some other hilarious ones like Brian Russell), which would probably have sent some of posters here into fists-and-elbows mode.

LurchMD

Reaction score
My wife and I were there last night and were also impressed with all the Seahawks fans in attendance. We had a great time (final score helped) and had no issues with the Redskins fans. We sat in section 226 in row 3. Here is a view from our seats:

IMG 0808 r

I went 20 rows back and this is the view:

IMG 0815 r

Looking to my right, I saw one the pillar seats. Here is the view from that seat:

IMG 0817 r

Way to make the fan experience so wonderful Dan Snyder!!

LurchMD

Reaction score
From what I understand, Section 200 was extended up under Section 300 to make FedEx field the largest capacity field in the NFL. They are sold as obstruction view seats for a lower price, but I would go nuts having to duck down to see kicks. Btu at least they give you a TV to watch under the stands. I'd rather stay at home!

Polk738

Reaction score
good god that is terrible really makes you appreciate the Clink that much more. When I saw Percy lose his footing, I immediately had flashbacks to that 2012 playoff game there "Yep here we go again" so glad we didn't get any serious injuries coming off of that shit field.

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
LurchMD":a1vq4b4j said:
My wife and I were there last night and were also impressed with all the Seahawks fans in attendance.

I went 20 rows back and this is the view:

View attachment 1

Way to make the fan experience so wonderful Dan Snyder!!

Why does it say 12th Man on that sign??? Are the Redskins going after other trademarks now that their own has been invalidated?