Irvin Positives vs Skins

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I made a point to watch Bruce tonight and was pleased to see he had his best game of the year, and maybe one of his best ever. He looked solid against the run, had good penetration, hurried/knocked-down Cousins several times. He used their tight end like a dish rag. IMO he looked much improved. Anyone else notice?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I HATE the hand gesturing to the name on the back of his jersey. I didn't like it when Julian Peterson did it. And I still think it's not classy at all. Find something else to do besides that.

Just a pet peeve I guess. :thsnooty:

Hawks46

Reaction score
I was actually going to make this post.

Irvin looked great, and not just against Niles Paul. He looked good against Trent Williams as well. He set the edge in the run game very well. I was really pleased with what I saw from Bruce.

Cartire

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3upoghzo said:
I HATE the hand gesturing to the name on the back of his jersey. I didn't like it when Julian Peterson did it. And I still think it's not classy at all. Find something else to do besides that.

Just a pet peeve I guess. :thsnooty:

I vote for you for chat moderator. But dont get caught up in a players chosen celebration. Let them have their penance when they earn it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Irvin would've had a sack, if Trent Williams didn't throw a block into his facemask.

The pass-rush actually did pretty decent, a lot of people were complaining but Kirk Cousins had a wicked quick release... He's a quality QB, he just had a bad game against the Giants.

OP
OP
G

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2wu663hj said:
Irvin would've had a sack, if Trent Williams didn't throw a block into his facemask.

The pass-rush actually did pretty decent, a lot of people were complaining but Kirk Cousins had a wicked quick release... He's a quality QB, he just had a bad game against the Giants.

Wasn't that the same play where Williams spun around and made a nice shoe-string tackle on Irvin as he closed in on Cousins?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is the first game since his rookie year that he actually stood out to me. He was making plays all over the field. His best game as a Seahawk. Hopefully the improvements stick!

Jville

Reaction score
I wasn't looking for Irvin going into this game. But, he certainly stood out tonight.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Irvin seemed very comfortable out thee the tonight. Played with focus and purpose most of the times I watched him. I'm glad to see more production as he continues to learn his LB assignments.

legend38

Reaction score
Irvin was great, by far the his best as a Hawk. He may not have had a sack, but he put it to Cousins on several occasions. He was also pretty good at the edge, staying disciplined , and contributing to the run D.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1u9nrk12 said:
This is the first game since his rookie year that he actually stood out to me. He was making plays all over the field. His best game as a Seahawk. Hopefully the improvements stick!

I think Irvin is finally learning to be a football player. The game is slowing down a little for him, finally.

All the guy's done is work his ass off, coming in as a raw athlete/prospect without a lot of technique and experience in college, or even HS, for that matter After a couple years of being coached up by Pete & co, he's learning to read plays, use good technique, and is starting to look like a football player.

Gotta say it was a shocker to have the announcers talk about how well Irvin was setting the edge vs. the run, because I'm used to him being *used* by O-Linemen in the run game.

We don't win the NFCCG vs. 49ers without Irvin there spying on Kraepernick on key plays, preventing big runs, especially a couple plays in that final drive. Guaranteed, Kraepernick knew who he was and where he was and knew he'd get caught, so he threw instead of ran. Irvin's had a lot of ongoing key contributions, just not always flashy ones involving sacks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":31eh1y4c said:

A healthy Cousins is definitely better than a gimpy RG3. Been a Cousins fan since seeing him vs. Wilson in those MSU vs. Wisconsin games, and the things he did his rookie season filling in for RG3 got the 'Skins to the playoffs. Dude is legit.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Setting the edge in the run or pass is one of the most difficult and underrated jobs in the NFL. If we can get this kind of production from Bruce every game he might live up to his first round pick.

I would like to see our pass rushers go for the strip rather than the sack more often. Chris Clemons was very good at swiping the ball out from behind. Looks like MB has been doubled a lot. Should open up opportunities for Bruce and Cliff.

Latest posts