Bleck.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that was an actual word that Charles Schulz used once in his Peanuts cartoon.

I now have good reason to feel vindicated over my nervousness this week. Everybody I talked to said the Seahawks would "destroy" the Washington team. These are the games I have the most fear about. Nothing to lose, backs against the wall...All it takes is a slip here, a slide there, and they are in the game, toe-to-toe.

A one score game late in the 4th?

Bleck.

Against THAT team??

Double Bleck.

Two things: We looked like an undisciplined team with all those penalties. Max Unger was HORRIBLE in this game. This was not Championship football. Far from. Even though the talent differential was obvious, the lack of discipline and sound football was alarming. Especially being on the national stage when you would think we would want to present our best effort.

Okung was terrible. Carpenter's arm lock negated a TD. The OL was the worst I've seen this year in terms of penalties and being out-of-synch.

The other factor? The REFS SUCKED!!!!

Wow that was a terrible game by the officials. My friend who came over to watch the game with me said that this was the worst officiating he had seen all year so far. I would agree. They had some calls right but it sure seemed to us like they really made an effort to keep the game close.

After all, Harvin scored 21 by himself. The stat sheet won't show that.

I dunno. After all these years I know it's not the best idea to post right after a game, win or lose. Emotions are running high and you don't have the luxury of time and replays to see if your emotions mesh with fact.

In the end, I just wish we looked more like the #1 team in football instead of a good team trying not to lose against a crappy team.

I guess you can't have it all.

Then again, maybe you can when you have some guy named Wilson at quarterback.

What. A. Stud.

GO HAWKS!!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Aros":27grshcs said:
I think that was an actual word that Charles Schulz used once in his Peanuts cartoon.

I now have good reason to feel vindicated over my nervousness this week. Everybody I talked to said the Seahawks would "destroy" the Washington team. These are the games I have the most fear about. Nothing to lose, backs against the wall...All it takes is a slip here, a slide there, and they are in the game, toe-to-toe.

A one score game late in the 4th?

Bleck.

Against THAT team??

Double Bleck.

Two things: We looked like an undisciplined team with all those penalties. Max Unger was HORRIBLE in this game. This was not Championship football. Far from. Even though the talent differential was obvious, the lack of discipline and sound football was alarming. Especially being on the national stage when you would think we would want to present our best effort.

Okung was terrible. Carpenter's arm lock negated a TD. The OL was the worst I've seen this year in terms of penalties and being out-of-synch.

Wow that was a terrible game by the officials. My friend who came over to watch the game with me said that this was the worst officiating he had seen all year so far. I would agree. They had some calls right but it sure seemed to us like they really made an effort to keep the game close.

I dunno. After all these years I know it's not the best idea to post right after a game, win or lose. Emotions are running high and you don't have the luxury of time and replays to see if your emotions mesh with fact.

In the end, I just wish we looked more like the #1 team in football instead of a good team trying not to lose against a crappy team.

I guess you can't have it all.

Then again, maybe you can when you have some guy named Wilson at quarterback.

What. A. Stud.

GO HAWKS!!

A good portion of those undiciplined penalties were BS penalties that shouldnt have been called.

The team looks alot less sloppy if the game is called properly.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I'll take it. We won by 10 on the road, east coast game despite playing ridiculously sloppy and having 3 Percy Harvin TD's called back.

It's sort of funny how high our expectations are now, while Bronco and Redskin's fans are content with their "moral victories" of just being able to keep it close against the Seahawks.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
This season is just....weird.

The defense can't seem to come up with big plays. 4 games...no picks for Thomas (dropped another one tonight) or Sherman, and Sherm keeps getting twisted around in coverage. It might just be me, but he doesn't look the same. Avril is non-existent, Irvin is ... yeah, no comment. We don't have the interior pressure like we did last season with McDonald. We aren't forcing turnovers. Our pass rush is just not there. On the plus side, we are shutting down the run. But all in all, it's not the Legion of Boom.

Offensively? I don't know where to start. The O line is KILLING us. We seem content to throw short stuff all the time. The WRs are just disappearing. It's weird how we are using Willson. or not using him.

We REALLY missed Zach Miller tonight.

Cartire

Reaction score
I have no reason to believe the refs were trying to make Washington win. With that said, I do believe without a doubt that they were instructed to keep it close.

There are millions of dollars in keeping ratings high throughout the game. You cant convince me that they werent "gotten too". We shot ourselves in the foot on many plays. But 2 out of the 3 Harvin TD penalties were BS. And a few 3rd down penalties were BS. And there were SEVERAL non-calls against the skins. One crucial one on a 3rd down where they tackled Harvin 10 yards out, right where Russell was looking, and he ends up taking a sack. No call.

It was blatant, and a disgrace. But this is what the league and the networks want. Closer games. So there is no way the league says anything about tonights officiating.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Agree with pretty much everything you said Aros. You too Cartire.. This was just a shit game for our o-line and Morelli's crew. Without RW the Hawks lose this game, pure and simple.

And as Flying Greg said, where the hell are the damned turnovers this year?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
What was with the personal foul on Carpenter? Looked like he blocked the guy to the ground. Personal foul for unnecessary roughness...when is that called on a pancake block? Can't remember ever seeing that called before. Or did I miss something?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I remember feeling this exact same way after a few of the games between week 4 and week 12 last year.

I think we will be ok

- bsd

Cartire

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3g99avdm said:
What was with the personal foul on Carpenter? Looked like he blocked the guy to the ground. Personal foul for unnecessary roughness...when is that called on a pancake block? Can't remember ever seeing that called before. Or did I miss something?

It never is. It was because we went up to much in the 3rd QTR, so they called it back on a blatantly bad call.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2f9mz8xs said:

Meanwhile feet away, RW got LIT UP by the Skin defender.

I remember thinking....how on gods green earth is Carp flopping on a lineman a personal foul, while RW literally bounced off the turf.....

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jjvgth2 said:
I'd pop wood if we drafted O-line in the first round in 2015.

Would you settle for a DT that could possibly get converted to OL?

drdiags

Reaction score
The NFL should get rid of the Bye week. Seems there are usually some stagnant play after them. The Dolphins game was no good. Maybe last year they did better but I forget (man what happened to my memory).

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":v2e63tgl said:

That's not a penalty. The alternative is to stand around and let defenders get up so they can make a play. That would be ridiculous.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":146g33il said:
I'd pop wood if we drafted O-line in the first round in 2015.
We will have to, to pay Wilsons soon to be ridiculous salary. Cant think of a better place to start cutting.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":1tvbw492 said:
The NFL should get rid of the Bye week. Seems there are usually some stagnant play after them. The Dolphins game was no good. Maybe last year they did better but I forget (man what happened to my memory).
I think it was the Rams game in St. Louis which was worse than this. Am I right? Someone younger than me and Doc help please.

Rainger

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1zhs6qxz said:
Agree with pretty much everything you said Aros. You too Cartire.. This was just a shit game for our o-line and Morelli's crew. Without RW the Hawks lose this game, pure and simple.

Was it Morelli or Triplet crew either way they definitely were only seeing things 1 way tonight

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rainger":1syug4ol said:
hawksfansinceday1":1syug4ol said:

Was it Morelli or Triplet crew either way they definitely were only seeing things 1 way tonight
Yeah my bad, Triplett.

Polaris

Reaction score
Aros":3vx451y7 said:

You too? That's what I thought too about some really horrible officiating....and Gruden should NEVER do a MNF broadcast where his brother is one of the coaches. Come on Gruden, you should know that the passer's entire body has to cross the LOS before he's ineligible to make a forward pass! Bad job on you.

I also wondered if the officials were doing their level best to keep the game close as long as possible. Two of those three TDs were called back by extremely tacky calls IMO. [That isn't to say that the 'hawks didn't deserve many of those penalties because they did or that they didn't play sloppily...because they did.]