Official Bryan Walters Respect Thread

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Most solid performance thus far--where have those skills been hiding.

While I realize he's not quite as electric as an Eddy Grant single, at least he's showing signs of life--let's hope he can build on this.

Hate being positive.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He hasn't had a lot of opportunity for the most part. Most of the previous punt catches have been with guys almost right on top of him.

daketah

Reaction score
I wish he'd accelerate more immediately after the catch, but BW is getting it done!!!

jonkchar

Reaction score
He came to Anchorage along with Farwell and Morgan in the summer- and with the WR group having a lot of focus in camp and preseason I kept an eye on him and thought he had a very solid camp and preseason. I'm really glad he's on the team

olyfan63

Reaction score
He's a solid guy doing his job, and doing it well, in an important area. Tate's skills were unique. Maybe we'll get Walters breaking one or two, and people will like him better. I'd sure rather have him back there than Earl. Walters has done a credible job as basically a #4/5/6 WR and has run the routes and made the catches when called on.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He did well with the opportunities given last night. My biggest issue with him is that he doesn't have the quick first step. That usually separates the great returners from meh returners. Watch Golden, Hester, and Jacoby Jones returning punts. It's probably an unfair comparison, comparing him to them. If he had a quick step, no doubt he would have taken one to the house last night. He did have some really good returns though and didn't fumble.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I haven't seen the numbers, but I would bet that he is ranked really high in punt returns.

MAD RESPECT for the man! "And I'll tell you why" I don't freak out when the ball is in the air, I'm relaxed and confident that the ball will not get turned over, and pleasantly surprised when he gets a great return. Where the hell did this guy come from? :th2thumbs:

byau

Reaction score
sc85sis":1mwa8kyg said:
He hasn't had a lot of opportunity for the most part. Most of the previous punt catches have been with guys almost right on top of him.

Pete said he definitely protects the ball well. Has he lost a punt yet or gone for negative yardage?

Love to see that coming first and then playmaking coming later.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Walters really isn't that good. Of course, I'm spoiled by Tate.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Walters takes what's given and hasn't made a bad play as a punt returner during the regular season. I can appreciate his solid performance; not everyone can be a gamebreaker.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I was sold on Walters in the preseason. The difference between he and Tate is that he will most likely never house a punt unless we're facing bottom rung special teams. That is really all, I would say his judgement is better than Tate's, but that's part of what hurts him in our minds. We liked Tate's iffy judgement, that in conjunction with his hybrid running back/wide receiver skills were entertaining as hell. I am sold on Walters because he will always give us the best field position possible within the realm of sound judgement, he is safe, but he is also smart, if there is a hole he will find it and give us 15-40 extra yards of starting field position, which is HUGE.

bigwrm

Reaction score
He's never going to run one back but at least he appears to be dependable and makes good decisions. Would definitely like to upgrade the position at some point but for now he's fine.