I hate our offense

Schadie001

Reaction score
Aside from the first drive I hate the gimmick offense that we are seeing. We have turned into a bubble screen, read option offense. I only saw one deep pass or intermediate pass for that matter. Is it just me? Seems like we aren't making the defense respect the deep ball.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Agreed. WRs are nowhere to be seen. We hardly ever take a shot downfield now.

I'm "hoping" they are setting up stuff for later in the season...

At least they finally took a shot downfield to Percy. Of course, it was called back.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
our o line is worse than last year if that's possible. tough to throw down field when you cant pass block

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I agree with you, but I hate our ability to pass block even more. I think we are way too cute and overly creative and it drives me crazy, but then I see how bad our pass blocking is and I understand why.

Reaction score
How can we throw deep when Russell's under pressure damn near every pass attempt. Our o-line as far as pass blocking has been terrible since the Pete Carroll era

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1jblm78k said:
We had three touchdowns taken off the board, our O is fine. :D

Incorrect - that's 21 points we gave up with stupid penalties, which is a part of offense.

It's not fine. They need to fix it.

TXHawk

Reaction score
We had one long pass dropped by Baldwin and a long TD pass to Harvin called back by penalty. The deep passes are there if Wilson gets time, which he rarely does. The Hawks left a couple of touchdowns on the field with their dumb penalties and undisciplined play by the OL. The offense gave the Skins fits all night, the problem is the OL. Again.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3s4492fz said:
We had three touchdowns taken off the board, our O is fine. :D
2 of them were from short passes...i agree with the OP...we need to open it up just a little more

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Can't get downfield if we can't pass protect. We're hiding Okung and Britt right now, and it's pretty obvious. That being said, our offense is still gettin' the job done.

Seahawks should've won this game by 30. Officiating was brutal. Worse than last year's Colts game.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
I can't think of a game where we stepped on our own dicks more times than that one

OP
OP
S

Schadie001

Reaction score
I get we got three called back. 2 were screen/ runs to Percy, 1 deep pass. As for the online they were blitzing like crazy because no down field throws. I just think we aren't making teams put more back in coverage. I could be wrong but I and those I was watching the game with we're pretty frustrated at the gimmick play calling.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
I believe the problem with this game was how easy Russ ran through the defense on the first drive. It set us up for a bad night.

stizz19

Reaction score
Bevell is either a genius for holding back or the most inconsistent O-coordinator in the league game-by-game. It baffles me to be honest. And they need to fully take the reins off Wilson now. Like Gruden said early in the game when there was a CLEAR BLITZ being called and Wilson got sacked when he could have changed the play. Was that on Wilson or is Bevell still controlling too much of the offense?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":25cstybd said:
I can't think of a game where we stepped on our own dicks more times than that one

winner!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We're averaging 27.5 points per game. Top 5. Broncos are at 29/game.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Penalties and too many drops were the issue tonight.
That said the offense was fine

SeatownJay

Reaction score
We're one of the worst 3rd down offenses in the league. That's going to cost us against good teams.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love how we've seen Russell scramble around and throw deep strikes to our receivers more than any other QB in the league, but when we don't try several deep shots in a game and someone asks about it, it's always the O-line's legitimately crappy pass protection that takes the blame.

How about...Some designed roll-outs where Russell just scrambles for a couple seconds, then launches one? He does it well enough NOT by design, it's GOTTA be easier if you know you're doing it before the snap.

Even if you just purposely overthrow some deep attempts, it helps back a defense off. HAVE to take like at least one shot (25+ yards in the air) per quarter IMO. Add in receivers who actually are good at making sure a pass isn't intercepted if they can't catch it, and the inherent likelihood of a panicking DB getting a flag thrown on him trying to defend the deep pass, and it seems like a no-brainer to me...

Latest posts