Lemuel Jeanpierre

King Dog

Reaction score
If this has been discussed, my apologies.

Interesting. Jeanpierre went down with that neck injury on September 3rd. At the time the FO was talking like it may be pretty serious. They reached an injury settlement with him in week 3. On the 23rd he had a tryout for the Saints, and October 1st had a tryout with the Jets.

I guess it wasn't so serious after all. What's your guys take on this?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Considering he wasn't picked up, I'd imagine he's still got issues. It's not like he was bad when healthy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If he's healthy, I would think we would try to bring him back as well. Is there a rule saying we couldn't bring him back this season if we released him from IR?

seabowl

Reaction score
Laloosh":5w4fwhzg said:
Considering he wasn't picked up, I'd imagine he's still got issues. It's not like he was bad when healthy.

At times he seemed even better than Unger last year especially with his snaps. I hate that he is not on the team especially with how our line has performed so far this year.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Neck injuries can be weird. Sounds like the Seahawks doctor said he's done, but Lem might have gotten a second opinion that said he could still play. Maybe the docs from the Saints & Jets agree with the Hawks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The fact the Hawks let him go is strong evidence the team's doctors are convinced he is done. Too bad b/c he was a solid backup Interior OLineman. The team would have kept him if they thought he could get healthy again and if that happens I could see him brought back as I think he was ranked higher on the DC than Schilling and a few others.

Neck injuries are hard to deal with, especially if disc damage has happened. Players are always unwilling to acknowledge their vulnerability to very serious life changing complications if they were to aggravate the damaged area. Too bad b/c Lem was a good player for the Hawks and showed up when his number was called.

Time will tell if he can come back but I'd bet against a team taking the chance of serious further injury by allowing him to play.

I wish him luck.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that releasing him means he's "done." There are money issues involved here, too. While he may not count against the cap when on IR, he still counts against the budget. Plus, if he feels he could play again, maybe the FO was "being nice" like they've done before and granted his release. He may have asked for it.

I think he could re-sign here if he cleared medical waivers, even this year. I'm not aware of any rules against that.

I, too, remember him as a servicable backup with starter potential, though I think the snap problems Unger had were due to a hand/wrist injury at the time. He's been better at that lately IMO. I try to remember that Unger is a Pro-bowler and should not be replaced without due diligence. I'm not sure Lem measured up to that level at the time of his release.

Mick063

Reaction score
I personally believe that the staff wanted to get younger along the offensive front. Part of it to control salary. Part of it because they like the upside of the replacements.

The offensive front as a collective group, is better than last year. They are not going to face many combos better than Von Miller/D' Ware or Peppers/(healthy)Mathews.