NFL QB Rankings (Per an idiot)

Cartire

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nkings-132

Listen, im not saying Wilson is #1 right now. Nor 2-4 (all though you could argue #4), BUT #11 !:?!>?!><?!

I had to double take it. And then when I read the comment for him, I just had to do the old Picard face palm. I just dont think Gregg has even watch a game yet. I really dont. Look at some of the QB's ahead of him.

My comment on the article.

Wilson. 69% completion. And hes thrown the ball away at least 4 times a game.
And at this point, if you cant see his O-line constantly folding in pass-blocking, you never will. They are great at run-blocking, but are piss poor in pass-blocking. He leaves the pocket because hes about to be sacked. This isnt a cry about #11, however, I would put him around 7 right now. But the comment about him here just screams ignorance.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rank him 45 or lower, Ring #2 is all that matters, once he has that what are the doubters going to say then.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I like Gregg Rosenthal the least of the ATNFL (Formerly ATL) guys because his analysis is entirely stats driven. It's not surprising as his background is in fantasy football. He's not an idiot, but Wilson needs to be judged by the tape, not the stat sheet.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
It's just his opinion. I think Russell is in the top 10 somewhere, but that's just my opinion. If the Seahawks win 2-3 Super Bowls over the next 5-6 years, that will show who the best TEAM is. Player rankings are just opinions, unless you want to use some skewed stats to win an argument.

The truth is, Russell is a really good (maybe great someday) QB.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Would anyone seriously take Joe Flacco over Russell Wilson if there was a draft today?

I don't think the Ravens would even take Flacco over Wilson.

canfan

Reaction score
Basis4day":344s224f said:
I like Gregg Rosenthal the least of the ATNFL (Formerly ATL) guys because his analysis is entirely stats driven. It's not surprising as his background is in fantasy football. He's not an idiot, but Wilson needs to be judged by the tape, not the stat sheet.

Agreed. I heard him shut down a conversation on the ATL podcast when it was mentioned during their "news" segment that Doug Baldwin had signed his extension. His response was "Why are we wasting air time discussing the signing of a running team's 3rd receiver? If Baldwin ever does anything, we can discuss him then". I know these guys don't have time to get a good look at all these teams, but you would think they would have some sort of handle on the game other than how it affects their fantasy team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
canfan":3cyi9o0o said:
Basis4day":3cyi9o0o said:

Agreed. I heard him shut down a conversation on the ATL podcast when it was mentioned during their "news" segment that Doug Baldwin had signed his extension. His response was "Why are we wasting air time discussing the signing of a running team's 3rd receiver? If Baldwin ever does anything, we can discuss him then". I know these guys don't have time to get a good look at all these teams, but you would think they would have some sort of handle on the game other than how it affects their fantasy team.

If i remember correctly, Chris Wesslyian (sp?) challenged him to go watch some Doug Baldwin tape after that statement.

I do really like that podcast though. Mostly for Hansus and Sessler.

One thing i do really appreciate is that they make no secret of their team loyalties on the podcast. (Hanzus = Jets, Rosenthal = Patriots, Sessler = Browns). Wesseling doesn't have any real loyalties, but openly despises the Bengals after growing up a fan.

Laloosh

Reaction score
There is no objective way to determine QB "ranking" as a whole. Think I saw some PFF stats on the Niner boards that have RW ranked 28th in the league. Guy makes sound decisions (for the most part) and has proven to be one of the most clutch players in the league.

I'm happy with our QB and am just fine with whatever ranking they want to give him. Wins and rings, folks... Wins and rings...

canfan

Reaction score
Basis4day":30t37lb5 said:
canfan":30t37lb5 said:
Basis4day":30t37lb5 said:

If i remember correctly, Chris Wesslyian (sp?) challenged him to go watch some Doug Baldwin tape after that statement.

I do really like that podcast though. Mostly for Hansus and Sessler.

You're right! I'd forgot that part. I complain about them sometimes, but I also like the podcast. I'm currently downloading every episode as I'm waiting for Chris Wessling to eat his softball pants! (Result of Manziel NOT being named the opeining day starter for the Browns, for those who don't follow along)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I could care less how media idiots rank players, they're all hyper focused on stats.

Tell you what, go ask all the coaches, GM's and owners to rank the QB's and let's see where Russell ranks then. My guess is #1 or #2.

Microfiber

Reaction score
I'll give my rankings :)

1. Manning
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Wilson ( I love wilson, but deep down theres no way I could pass on those 3. Plus being the 4th best QB in the world is nothing to be upset about!)
5. Luck
6. Rivers
7. Ryan
8. Rothlesberger
9. Flacco
10. Smith

I wouldn't put romo, newton, or cutler in the top 10 as all 3 are extremely unreliable.

Smellyman

Reaction score
only Marino has been a better qb first two years.

this is getting nauseating.

best playmaker in the league at the qb spot

ivotuk

Reaction score
He didn't even follow his own rules.

"It's too early to tell on Bridgewater, Bortles and Glennon" but ranked Austin Davis #19 after "2.5 starts" That entire list is horrible, no rhyme or reason.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I just need to see two words to know it was worthless - those words were Gregg Rosenthal.

sutz

Reaction score
Basis4day":1qm7w39r said:
I think therein lies the problem...Russ will probably never be a "good FF QB." With some exceptions for individual games, he won't ever put up the kind of stats that someone leaning FF will respect.

Mick063

Reaction score
Wilson, who is near the top the NFL in completion percentage, gets dissed from Rosenthal for "not completing all the passes he should".

That, my friends, is extremely shoddy reporting. Good reporting presents facts to support your argument. Obviously, Rosenthal is too lazy to even click on a search engine to discover that his claim is blatant ignorance.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
OT vs Denver is all I need to convince me. Wilson is amazing and I am sure all those that play and coach in the NFL feel the same way.