Sherman Featured on ESPN's E:60 Tonight

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Tuesday-Round-Up-Richard-Sherman-Featured-In-E60%E2%80%99s-Fall-Premiere-Tonight-On-ESPN/ab134275-69cd-4750-bf99-785b151b869a[/urltargetblank]

ESPN's news magazine show E:60 airs their Fall 2014 season premiere tonight and the award-winning program will feature All-Pro Richard Sherman. ESPN's Kenny Mayne is set to provide an intimate, behind-the-scenes profile of the Seahawks cornerback's journey from Compton to Stanford to the NFL.

The special gets going at 5 p.m. PT

nategreat

Reaction score
I really do not like Kenny Mayne at all, but I'll be sure and check this out. Thanks!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
You dont like Kenny Mayne? You prefer your sports talking folks to be anti laugh?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Is it bad that even as a Hawks fan I'm tired of hear and seeing Sherman?

Love the guy, love the way he plays, love his story.......but I think I'm officially Richard Sherman'd media'd out.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7sr2p5nu said:
Is it bad that even as a Hawks fan I'm tired of hear and seeing Sherman?

Love the guy, love the way he plays, love his story.......but I think I'm officially Richard Sherman'd media'd out.

Agreed. He's prime example #1 that the squeaky wheel gets the media "grease".

Rocket

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3e3643uh said:
He's prime example #1 that the squeaky wheel gets the media "grease".
Uh... no.
The "media", by definition, is a profit mechanism, either by subscription or by revenue derived from advertisements. Ergo the overall goal of the media is to get people to view the media. People view that which piques their interest. Whether you look at Shermans sporting talent and abilities, his intelligence or his exuberance, the man is interesting.

He's not plastered all over the media because he squeaks, it's because his squeaks are interesting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rocket":qjiuxqll said:
He's not plastered all over the media because he squeaks, it's because his squeaks are interesting.

Fair enough, but last year I'd be all over a special about Sherman. But now? Could care less, because he's saturated his persona about as saturated as it can get, so I'm at Sherman media critical mass.

Rocket

Reaction score
Damn near everyone is at Sherman Critical Mass™.
I concur.

EDIT: BUT, Sherman's just making bank, he's not at fault. He knows how the media game is played.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm going to watch. And I enjoy all of Sherman's commercials. And I enjoy the fact that a Seattle area athlete is getting consistent media coverage.

If you prefer to not watch, then the solution seems fairly simple. I'll take this current situation over the "South Alaska" days any day of the week. His media prominence is exactly brought attention to guys like Earl and Kam and the rest of the team. These guys were good long before they became known.

We complain when our guys aren't getting enough attention and then we complain when they get too much. Just enjoy the ride. It won't be long before the spotlight isn't as bright on Seattle and we begin longing for what we have now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3l55chcc said:
We complain when our guys aren't getting enough attention and then we complain when they get too much. Just enjoy the ride. It won't be long before the spotlight isn't as bright on Seattle and we begin longing for what we have now.

I'm not tired of all the Russell Wilson attention. I'm not tired of all the Pete Carroll attention. I'm not tired of all the Hawk attention in general.

Sherman brings about a more aggressive antagonistic brand of attention, and that has made me grow tired of it. That's all. Not bad, not good, just tired.

Jville

Reaction score
Richard Sherman has distinguished himself and performed a great public service with his considerable contributions toward drowning out Payton Manning noise.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":on323h82 said:
DavidSeven":on323h82 said:

I'm not tired of all the Russell Wilson attention. I'm not tired of all the Pete Carroll attention. I'm not tired of all the Hawk attention in general.

Sherman brings about a more aggressive antagonistic brand of attention, and that has made me grow tired of it. That's all. Not bad, not good, just tired.
That's what happens when someone's personality is much like your own [emoji41]

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
That's what's great about having a remote control. Haters can change the channel. It takes all types, and while I don't want a team full of Shermans, I really appreciate what he as an indual brings to the team. Having Cassius Clay in the backfield is a good thing. Feed him and watch him thrive!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1m920e2j said:
DavidSeven":1m920e2j said:

Part of that Carrol/ Seahawk/ Wilson attention is collateral to the attention demanded by R.S.

If it weren't for Sherman playing the media, we would be a lot closer to South Alaska attention levels all the way around.

-bsd

rastahawk

Reaction score
I was debating whether to go to the gym or watch the Sherman bit. I thought as a Hawk fan I know his story and I bet they tell me nothing I don't already know. I ended up staying and I was right. Everything I ever read and saw about Sherman was repeated. If he's not the most prominent face in the league he's pretty close to it. On the other hand how about the knockers on Morganna!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
rastahawk":1zim7x7t said:
I was debating whether to go to the gym or watch the Sherman bit. I thought as a Hawk fan I know his story and I bet they tell me nothing I don't already know. I ended up staying and I was right. Everything I ever read and saw about Sherman was repeated. If he's not the most prominent face in the league he's pretty close to it. On the other hand how about the knockers on Morganna!

I actually stopped watching when the Morganna piece started. I did enjoy the opener on Jamaal Lewis though. There was quite a bit of interesting stuff in there. The Sherman stuff was alright, and I am not a Kenny Mayne "hater" but the more he spoke, the less interesting it was for me.

Latest posts