Fed Ex Field

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I know it's the bye week but does anyone know if that piece of crap field has been fixed. If not, I am scared for our players and will have my fingers crossed throughout that whole game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Worth checking out when the game starts here in a couple hours.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I know they have re-done the field since we last played on it. How well it's still holding up though is a question that I can't answer, but should become evident (as Hawknballs above stated) tonight

marko358

Reaction score
I'd imagine the field gets much worse once the weather gets colder and wetter. Should be in relatively decent shape in the first few weeks of the season.

homerun1970

Reaction score
It didn't look bad last week and we play there early. I doubt we will have to visit after the season so wear and tear should be minimal. I still cant believe they tried to play that piece of crap off as their home field advantage. Three number one picks seems to be damaged goods now.

Basis4day

Reaction score
They resodded it mid season 2013 and replaced the drainage system. They're discussing replacing it again mid season this year if needed.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
redskins106_c0-36-864-539_s561x327.jpg

C2bea59c19580e9ab1310244520ddddc

AVL

Reaction score
Grass is still growing there. No need for paint.

Steve2222

Reaction score
From the sounds of some people, you'd think that field was a minefield. It's a bit overexaggerated. You really think the Skins would have their team play on that field if it was dangerous or do you think that other than RGKnee, the skins players are immune to injury?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Steve2222":3fgpbhb6 said:
From the sounds of some people, you'd think that field was a minefield. It's a bit overexaggerated. You really think the Skins would have their team play on that field if it was dangerous or do you think that other than RGKnee, the skins players are immune to injury?

You mean the field that ripped out more than just RGIII's and Clemons' ACL? Like a guy named Adrian Peterson? It is a minefield.

Looks like it's in decent shape for now at least

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":30fornjz said:
Steve2222":30fornjz said:

You mean the field that ripped out more than just RGIII's and Clemons' ACL? Like a guy named Adrian Peterson? It is a minefield.

Looks like it's in decent shape for now at least

Yeah field deteriorate over time. Keywords over time. That was the 11th NFL game played on it that season. And let's be real. I doubt the team really put much stock into hosting a home playoff game that year.

Week 5 I think the field should be straight.

Also, pretty sure numerous of players have torn their ACL and Achilles on field turf. Injuries are always of high probability.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
People, please stop attributing Adrian Peterson's injury to the field. The field had nothing to do with it. Look at the image below, he was hit right in the side of the knee. It would've happened regardless of the field they were playing on.

Ap hit

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I said earlier this week that this game may scare me most out of any game on our schedule.

And it has nothing to do with the team we are playing.

I am seriously worried about that deathtrap. It is the place knees and ankles go to die.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3g7sfnz8 said:
I said earlier this week that this game may scare me most out of any game on our schedule.

And it has nothing to do with the team we are playing.

I am seriously worried about that deathtrap. It is the place knees and ankles go to die.

Really? Do you have proof of this or are you just going off of Clem, RG3 (who's been injury prone his entire football career), and AD (who also has a track record of lower body injuries) getting hurt on that field?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It will be fine this time of year.

Doesn't look to me like the Skins have to worry about painting it green in January either.

Green painted field, red painted honey shack for the doc to shoot up knees. Oh, the memories.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
suddenly i'm not so concerned about the redskins...wow.

mikeak

Reaction score
Steve2222":bk0ar4f5 said:

No I don't think the team would let this happen. Which is why it was completely redone last year w the re-sodding mid-season as mentioned.

Supposed to be much better now.

253hawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":2mz75lpb said:
Really? Do you have proof of this or are you just going off of Clem, RG3 (who's been injury prone his entire football career), and AD (who also has a track record of lower body injuries) getting hurt on that field?

Don't forget Hauschka, too, which is the whole reason we had to scramble to get Longwell for the Falcons game. That was an abomination of a 'professional' playing surface. Inner-city high school fields look better than that.

RiverDog

Reaction score
FedEx Field is no longer an issue, at least not this time of year when the grass is still actively growing and repairing itself. After the 2012 season, they replaced the turf, even though they were a day late and a dollar short in doing it.

But now, I wouldn't be anymore worried about playing at FedEx as I would any other grass fields in cold weather locations, like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Philly, Cleveland, and Chicago, all that play on natural grass.