Kearse to Wilson Pass

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Surprised no one has brought this up. Slick trick play, RW took a pretty hard hit. You guys like the play? too risky for your tastes?

Jville

Reaction score
Jermaine Kearse put way too much air under that ball. Way too much hang time for defenders to react and close. Scary moment in the game. That is how a receiver can be unloaded on and hurt.

suppaball

Reaction score
Jville":m7r77rvd said:
Jermaine Kearse put way too much air under that ball. Way too much hang time for defenders to react and close. Scary moment in the game. That is how a receiver can be unloaded on and hurt.
I myself liked the play and yes kearse put way too much air under it. He won't be throwing it again .

2_0_6

Reaction score
One more thing to go into the opponents heads next time we play. Always keep them guessing, I like it.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I too liked the play, but as has already been said I wish Kearse didn't put that much air on the throw.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Loved the results. Hated the risk. I was screaming get down/slide while the ball was in the air. The safety (?) was running w a full head a steam right at Wilson. But you can't slide to avoid that hit AND catch that ball. No more please. But... COOL!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sealake80":1hqxkmcy said:
Loved the results. Hated the risk. I was screaming get down/slide while the ball was in the air. The safety (?) was running w a full head a steam right at Wilson. But you can't slide to avoid that hit AND catch that ball. No more please. But... COOL!
Screw that, gotta be bold semi-regularly. Predictability is death in the NFL.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I don't want Wilson taking that kind of a hit to his throwing arm on a regular basis. That's just asking for trouble. I'm all in favor of the play, but Wilson needs to be smart about when to take a shot like that. If the receiver throws him a hospital pass next time, I hope Wilson avoids the contact and lets the pass fall incomplete. Need to work on the throw.

Smellyman

Reaction score
stunned Wilson hung on to that ball. He is quite the Football player.

dusktreader

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":f84i1nsp said:
I don't want Wilson taking that kind of a hit to his throwing arm on a regular basis. That's just asking for trouble. I'm all in favor of the play, but Wilson needs to be smart about when to take a shot like that. If the receiver throws him a hospital pass next time, I hope Wilson avoids the contact and lets the pass fall incomplete. Need to work on the throw.
There's no way in hell Wilson folds up and let's the ball sail by right there. He was locked on, and he's way too much of a competitor to miss a chance on a once in a blue moon play like that.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
now just think how that play would have worked with phil bates back there, since he played qb and has a decent throw.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
I liked the play. Held my breath until Russell got up. Quicker release and / or less air and it would have been 7 - 0.
I don't want to see the play again. Less hits for RW the better.
Go Hawks!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":1p5ryygu said:
now just think how that play would have worked with phil bates back there, since he played qb and has a decent throw.
A former QB back there may have tipped the defense and blown up the play. Just a thought.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Of the receivers who have thrown passes for the Hawks, I think Rice had the best arm. Kearse definitely needs to work on it.

I like the trick plays, but along with everyone else, I was holding my breath after Russell took that shot.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tvh9yho said:
Sealake80":3tvh9yho said:
Gods! Remember how predictable Holmgren was? And people around here bitch about Bevell... oh wait, for a little while I even bitched about him. :34853_doh:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1fsg45ku said:
RolandDeschain":1fsg45ku said:
Sealake80":1fsg45ku said:
Gods! Remember how predictable Holmgren was? And people around here bitch about Bevell... oh wait, for a little while I even bitched about him. :34853_doh:
Well, we didn't have a QB or receiver as capable as Wilson & Harvin. I take your point, but not really directly comparable.

kearly

Reaction score
It's a TD with no QB hit if Rice was throwing it. I wonder if there are any other converted QBs in Seattle's WR corps? Maybe have Kam Chancellor throw it? :)