more lockette less walters

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
is it just me or does anyone else cringe when you see bryan walters lining up on the outside? with kerse, baldwin, harvin and the emergence of ricardo lockette as a legit threat walters should be the absolute last guy that gets the ball.

chris98251

Reaction score
He gained yards, got first downs, gets open with good route running, is a utility receiver, he is doing his job.

Barakas

Reaction score
Walters caught a high pass on a 3rd down play and was crucial in helping to flip the field in the late 3rd or 4th quarter. Of course, he missed another high pass on the next set of downs but if Wilson had thrown it a bit better he could have had another conversion.

Lockette also dropped a crucial catch last week in San Diego.

So, right now on pure WR versus WR I don't think either one is better than the other.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Walters has been reliable since last year. Kid does his job. He's no Golden Tate but who is.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Walters has done well but I know where the poster is coming from, I think we have better options with the game on the line!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hope he can do something similar to Stokley in 2010. That dude just knows how to find the soft spots on a defense for the first down.

Steve2222

Reaction score
What's not to like about Walters? He's gritty, try's hard, and is deciveling fast.

Largent80

Reaction score
Walters finally got to play some and I liked what I saw.

Lockette has made good progress.

It is a good problem to have, why not play all of them?

I also can't wait to get Norwood in there.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2c3e56yx said:
????? Walters did his job, and didn't drop the ball once.

He did have one drop-- 2nd and 3 at SEA 16 in the 4th Q.

Then he caught the pass on 3rd and 3. His third target, on 3rd and 9 of that drive, was too high for him.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lockette is a Seahawk Swiss Army Knife.

He breaks up a potential pick 6 by tossing Talib like a rag doll. 3 plays later outruns Talib and catches an incredible accurate throw from RW. Then he absolutely made Burses day returning punts just miserable.

That was fun stuff to watch.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The one pass WAS too high for him, but wouldn't have been for the other 4. He barely got off the ground. Decent player, but absolutely not our best option at WR or slot, where he's been playing the most.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Walters has good hands and has his purpose. You put him out there with Lockette, Harvin, and ADB then his is going to either get the other teams #4 CB on him or will be working a cleared out zone... and I will take that when its a situation we need to have a safe catch.

Hes a poor mans Paul Skansi.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Walters and Lockette don't play the same style or even WR position, so I'm confused at the criticism.

Lockette's an outside receiver and excels on deep patterns, and Walters is more a Welker type that uses his quickness to get off the line and finds space in underneath routes. So to say you'd like to see more Lockette and less Walters makes no sense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Largent80":3han1dku said:
Lockette is a Seahawk Swiss Army Knife.

He breaks up a potential pick 6 by tossing Talib like a rag doll. 3 plays later outruns Talib and catches an incredible accurate throw from RW. Then he absolutely made Burses day returning punts just miserable.

That was fun stuff to watch.

Yeah, Lockette has really turned into a good player. Teams have to pay attention to him on the field now. Before he was probably just an afterthought because he was so raw. But now he is running pretty good routes, he is a force on Special Teams, and he isn't afraid to get in a DB's face.

Latest posts