i miss clem a little bit ....

rightbench

Reaction score
I found myself missing Clemons the last 2 weeks. Maybe were just playing really good o-lines but I just don't see the edge pressure we had last year.

I understand its Manning and he gets rid of the ball in .5 seconds but never did we have a free running d player force manning to do what Russell seems to have to do 3 or 4 times per series.

Am I missing something?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Denver's online combined with manning's ability to get rid of the ball make it nearly impossible to rush him from the edges
While I don't think it's as good as it was last year I think overall the pass rush has been fine

2_0_6

Reaction score
not me. Ive seen two of their first three games and he looks like a shelf of what he was here.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
rightbench":3nzsdz1d said:
I found myself missing Clemons the last 2 weeks. Maybe were just playing really good o-lines but I just don't see the edge pressure we had last year.

I understand its Manning and he gets rid of the ball in .5 seconds but never did we have a free running d player force manning to do what Russell seems to have to do 3 or 4 times per series.

Am I missing something?

Thats what going against Rodgers, Rivers and Manning will do for you :D

I think the pressure has been fine but all of the teams we have faced have gone to very short passing games and all 3 QBs get the ball out pretty quick IMO

zhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":3iouekw2 said:
Denver's online combined with manning's ability to get rid of the ball make it nearly impossible to rush him from the edges
While I don't think it's as good as it was last year I think overall the pass rush has been fine

he may have dumped the ball but they lost!

kearly

Reaction score
Clemons hasn't exactly been tearing it up in Jacksonville, and he looked done last year, IMO.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I do miss the production Clem brought. There is a clear difference in our pass rush now, for the worse. But I dont think Clem would have been the answer anymore. Now it is time for someone else to step up. 91 I'm looking at you...

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
rightbench":3pj3xtex said:

Am I missing something?
I was thinking the same thing during the game. Something feels off. I believe we are getting pressure, just these qbs can get the ball of very quickly. I did see Manning get some happy feet several times during the game. I do feel the defense will be fine. They were very similar to this last year before they went on a tear. They will be fine, Monday Night game against the skins is the new beginning for this defense.

Lastly, I feel the DBs need to jam the receivers more to get them. Off their timing, which should allow an extra second for the pass rush to get in there.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Edge pressure is OK. Interior pressure with Bane getting doubled, not so much. Think we miss Clinton McDonald more than Clem.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
rightbench":3bl0w4kv said:

Am I missing something?

If you're having to ask if you're missing something, then maybe you don't understand what Manning does after all. Manning has always been very, very hard to sack and pretty difficult to pressure at all just because he sees/processes the field so well and gets the ball out before pressure gets to him.

In the regular season, Manning has started 243 games. He's been sacked 273 times. If you get Manning down twice in a game, you're well ahead of the curve. In 2001, his absolute worst season other than his rookie season, when Edgerrin James went down and the Colts had zero run game, he was sacked 29 times... which is 4 times fewer than Wilson took as a rookie.

It's really a matter of O-lines and of playing style. Manning isn't the type of QB to move around and make a play happen. He's never been that type of QB... his skills have always been in deciphering defenses and throwing quick, accurate passes to guys in space. Wilson's game is entirely different, and it involves him moving, scrambling, and making plays happen - which often involves holding the ball much longer than a guy like Manning would.

While we got more pressure on Manning in the SB, the Broncos also didn't have Clady for that game. They had him this time.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think fans really need to consider which QB's we have gone up against this year when evaluating the defense.