Should Lynch be rolling up 100+ EVERY game?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I mean I was looking at 2013..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... hawn-lynch

@Colts he had 102y lost by 6pts
Here against TB 125y won in OT
@Atlanta 145 routed 33-10

He only averaged 78.6ypg reg season
81.3ypg over all including post season.

This year he had 110y against GB W36-16
36y against SD :( lost by 9!!!

OUCH!!

This is THE BEAST we are talking about.

Talk about under-utilized ...sheeeesh!!!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A 1000 yard season is 62.5 yards per game.

The Seahawks won the superbowl. It doesn't mean that they're all of the sudden the team that is under your fingertips like in Madden.

Not an attack on the OP, but I could say something to this effect in nearly every thread this week. We need to chill out and get some perspective.

sutz

Reaction score
Short answer: NO. Emphatically NO!

We need to use him enough to win a lot of games during the regular season, but I prefer he be kept a little bit fresh for the playoffs, which I expect the team to be in. I really hate fantasy football and what it does to fans attitudes and opinions.

Now, I do think that Beast was under utilized in SD, TBS. AFAIC, that was a big part of our losing. It seems like we got cute with our passing game and emphasizing Harvin. Beast doesn't need 20 carries per game, but he should get at least 10-15 in every game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1hfe73ob said:
Short answer: NO. Emphatically NO!

We need to use him enough to win a lot of games during the regular season, but I prefer he be kept a little bit fresh for the playoffs, which I expect the team to be in. I really hate fantasy football and what it does to fans attitudes and opinions.

Now, I do think that Beast was under utilized in SD, TBS. AFAIC, that was a big part of our losing. It seems like we got cute with our passing game and emphasizing Harvin. Beast doesn't need 20 carries per game, but he should get at least 10-15 in every game.
In a perfect world yes, I'd like to see Lynch with 100 yards total (running + receiving). Got to keep him fresh though and not use up all the tread on those tires.... And no I am not on board with him only being used sparingly last game, just think you need to keep him on a pitch count in certain situations.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The great thing about 100 is it's a three digit round number. People love that stuff.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Our offensive line does better going forward so I think its important to establish the run first to get those guys involved.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I disagree with all the "keep him fresh and under-used" Phooey! He is a great back and he loves the game, (he's about that action boss) we need to use him more every game because every team is going to be playing us 110% over last year, they're all gunnin' for some Hawk smack down. We won't even MAKE the playoffs or late post season if we don't FEED THE BEAST!

I'm not livin' in the past about what wasn't done before our next game. I'm just sayin' next game better feature more Lynch than EVER before.

Mick063

Reaction score
Yes he should. In addition, the defense should pitch a shut out and Wilson should have a perfect qb rating as well.

Not going to realistically happen, but yes, it should happen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3olp1iuq said:
Talk about under-utilized ...sheeeesh!!!

Under utilized? He ran for 110 yards and 2 TD's in the GB game..........and has averaged like 300 carries since he's been here.

Holy moly, we must be the knee jerkiest bunch of jerks that ever kneejerked in Jerktown.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Lynch rolls up a hundred all the time. It would be funny if the coaches game planned that way. Ok guys were gonna get Lynch a hundred yards no matter what. :sarcasm_off: We lost to the Chargers. Mojo still w us team is still good. Everyone loses now and again. :les:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Yards won't always equal wins. In 2011 Maurice Jones Drew (arguably a better back then in his prime then Lynch is now) ran for 1600 yards and 8 TD's, adding another 4 hundy's and another 3 TD's through the air and the Jags went 5-11. Its not as simple as 'give great RB ball and win game'.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, you are basically saying teams can't pass on them unless they have a huge lead?...

I am thinking this will be exploited manana. Prevent never prevents, and tomorrow, they won't have the big lead. Remember when they sold out to stop Lynch?...How did that work out for them?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Under-utilized...

He was #2 in rushing attempts last year. Probably has more rushes than any back over the last three seasons.

But yeah, let's overreact to one week where the game circumstances barely allowed us to get into our conventional offense.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
Can anyone remind us what Lynch's stats were in the Super Bowl? It seemed to turn out fine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thank God tomorrows Sunday, this week has been terrible to read all the negative threads about everything. If the week was 9 days long we would be reading about them having Tidy Whities when they should have been wearing Boxers or going Commando.