Not blaming the refs for this, but...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
That was some really terrible reffing all around. Missed Percy stepping out, missed many obvious calls, many phantom calls made on both sides... That was an atrocious example of so-called professional refereeing. I hope they get a week off next week without p;ay, unless they're scheduled for the ninners game. They could bring their random foul-calling to that game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The holding on Malcolm was iffy but I think it was legit. He looked like he wasn't paying attention then "oh! My guy is going to run downfield!" Pay attention Malcolm!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Yep, it looks like he actually grabbed his facemask and turned his head. They call that every time.

dusktreader

Reaction score
I hang this loss solely on the Defense. That being said, it seemed to me that their offensive line was mugging our pass rushers on almost every play, and the refs couldn't seem to find their yellow hankies.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
For me the "excuses" for this loss go to;

1. 110-120 degree field heat. Most of our players were gassed, several had to be taken out for cramping.
2. Harvin's 51 TD run. I think the Seahawks scored too quick, and if the offense takes another 3 minutes off the clock to score that TD... I think the defense would have played a little bit better but after that score SD gassed them pretty quick.
3. SD fumbles 3 times and they recover all 3. Seattle fumbles once and loses it. Seahawks will allow offenses to march down the field, dink and dunk their way with the ability to force and capitalize on turnovers.

The Offense couldn't sustain long drives, the defense couldn't get off the field, and the heat just amplified the difficulty of everything going on.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
Might want to rethink your title. The Seahawks got outplayed in the heat today. It's really that simple. Refs had nothing to do with it. Give props to SD. That's part off their HFA.

M2MG

Reaction score
The Offense couldn't sustain long drives said:
This. The defense has GOT to get off the field, on the road, in difficult conditions. That unit is the heart of the team and if they don't make the most of those situations, as well as turnover situations, then they put it on the offense. I'm not sure the offense is ready for that at this point.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":2a481bdv said:
Might want to rethink your title. The Seahawks got outplayed in the heat today. It's really that simple. Refs had nothing to do with it.

So, which part of "Not blaming the refs for this" makes you think I'm blaming the refs for this? I'm just commenting on the truly amateur level of reffing, the likes of which are rarely seen outside the Pac-12. It went both ways, and it kept on all game.