Jeremy Lane placed on IR (Designated to Return)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Seahawks placed CB Jeremy Lane on IR designated for return with a groin injury, per league source.

Seems he'll be out quite a while. This also burns Seattle's only "IR Designated to Return" for the year.

Cartire

Reaction score
You beat me by 1 minute. But my tweet embbed looks better. Whatevz, let this one live. Ill ask for a lock.

Largent80

Reaction score
arrrrrrggggghhhhh, he was playing so well. I guess the caveat is he may be able to return at the end of the year.

This is NOT good.

Cartire

Reaction score
You only get one designated to return per year.

I dont know if Lane was the best canidate for it. Any bigger name goes down, theyll have to stay on the 53 until theyre healed now if they dont want to IR them for the rest of the season.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow.....................this sucks. This really hurts our pass defense. And of course we have to play the Broncos in 2 weeks................ugh..................

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This opens up a spot for a CB. I wonder who it will be . . .

Terrell Thomas
Akeem Auguste
Champ Bailey (God forbid)
Keith Lewis
Someone else

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3ihh72j2 said:

Terrell Thomas
Akeem Auguste
Keith Lewis
Someone else

Actually this opens a second spot. Our roster (with the signing of the OL recently) was at 52. This designation should put us at 51 while he's on Reserve. I'm certain we'll get another DB, but I wonder what we'll do with the other spot?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
My money would be on Thomas with Burley getting most of the reps

Largent80

Reaction score
Thank the schedule makers for giving us 10 days as opposed to SD, who have 5 days to prepare for us.

Burley will certainly benefit.

Cartire

Reaction score
kidhawk":19nto1cm said:
hawknation2014":19nto1cm said:

Terrell Thomas
Akeem Auguste
Keith Lewis
Someone else

Actually this opens a second spot. Our roster (with the signing of the OL recently) was at 52. This designation should put us at 51 while he's on Reserve. I'm certain we'll get another DB, but I wonder what we'll do with the other spot?

Bring Phil Bates back for his weekly PS paycheck.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Blitzer88":392n2gta said:
Really wish we had WTIII and BB right about now.

The same Brandon Browner who is suspended for the first four games of the season and thus wouldn't be able to play in the Bronco game you're worried about?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kidhawk":23yeq22g said:
hawknation2014":23yeq22g said:

Terrell Thomas
Akeem Auguste
Keith Lewis
Someone else

A corner and a guard would be nice or maybe two corners for good measure.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What'd Thurmond sign with the Giants, like one year for 3.5M?

I bet Pete and John wish they had a re-do on letting Thurmond go........should have known Simon couldn't stay healthy if he lived in a bubble.

Hopefully we can hang in there til Lane gets back, but this is much longer than anticipated. One more injury with the DB's and this turns into panic button time.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":e0nd0xoo said:
hawknation2014":e0nd0xoo said:

Terrell Thomas
Akeem Auguste
Keith Lewis
Someone else

You sure? I show us at 52 with the Bates release, 53 with the McDonald signing today, back to 52 with Lane to IR, leaving us at 52 with a need at corner.

I miss something?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Basis4day":1l513eb3 said:
Blitzer88":1l513eb3 said:

The same Brandon Browner who is suspended for the first four games of the season and thus wouldn't be able to play in the Bronco game you're worried about?

................ :D okay, how about WTIII.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Blitzer88":bs2xwgd6 said:
Basis4day":bs2xwgd6 said:
Blitzer88":bs2xwgd6 said:

................ :D okay, how about WTIII.

Hasn't one of your most consistent markers as the .net Eyore been your fear of injuries and players with injury histories?
How does Thurmond alleviate that? You can't have it both ways.

It's football. Injuries happen. Next man up.

MARK2623

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":f0x5fm53 said:

I bet Pete and John wish they had a re-do on letting Thurmond go........should have known Simon couldn't stay healthy if he lived in a bubble.

Hopefully we can hang in there til Lane gets back, but this is much longer than anticipated. One more injury with the DB's and this turns into panic button time.

Jon and Pete did offer Walter the same contract as the Giants did. Walter tweeted that he wanted a change in scenery. He has been on the west coast his whole life and being in the PNW for about 10 years (Ducks and Hawks). I don't blame him wanting to go somewhere else and experiencing something new.

Cartire

Reaction score
MARK2623":2uwb6uug said:
Sgt. Largent":2uwb6uug said:

Jon and Pete did offer Walter the same contract as the Giants did. Walter tweeted that he wanted a change in scenery. He has been on the west coast his whole life and being in the PNW for about 10 years (Ducks and Hawks). I don't blame him wanting to go somewhere else and experiencing something new.

On top of which, he was never going to be a #1 or #2 starting CB here. He was destined to remain in the nickle unless an injury happened. Hes starting in NY.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MARK2623":31hnt2or said:
Sgt. Largent":31hnt2or said:

Fair enough.

But if you hooked Walter up to a lie detector he'd probably tell you he wanted to go somewhere where he wasn't the 4th or 5th best defensive back on the team. Which I don't blame him, but holy moly could we use him.