Steve Mariucci says Seahawks “might be the best defense ever

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seaha...says-seahawks-might-be-the-best-defense-ever/

The Seahawks may have been off today. But their 36-16 win over the Packers Thursday night was still a big focus of the morning NFL preview shows.

And one comment — from former NFL head coach Steve Mariucci — figures to get particular attention.

Mariucci, an analyst on the NFL Network, said of the Seahawks that: “This might be the best defense ever.”

Offering more plaudits for the Seattle defense was fellow NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner.

“What we’ve learned is that you can’t beat this defense with just a great quarterback,” Warner said. “I think that’s what we’ve seen in these last two games (meaning the Super Bowl and the win over the Packers).

[youtube]f-gz6i80Tp0[/youtube]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Best "D" ever and not just "the Tip" (of it) either.

Its awesome and equally as amazing that what the future will surely refer to in whole as the "Legion of Boom" has already began to cement its legacy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If the Hawks can keep it up this year, there's a very good chance that the Hawks Defense, especially the Legion of Boom, will be mentioned for decades whenever great defenses are brought up. They may already be there, who knows, but they will cement it if they can have another year like last year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2s9fxncf said:
If the Hawks can keep it up this year, there's a very good chance that the Hawks Defense, especially the Legion of Boom, will be mentioned for decades whenever great defenses are brought up. They may already be there, who knows, but they will cement it if they can have another year like last year.
Watched 4 games yesterday. The Jags were decent at it, but for the most part nobody swarms to the ball like Seattle. I see good offensive plays and my first thought is , well, Kam would have killed that guy, Thomas III would have been down the middle there, stuff like that.

Treasure it Seattle fans. Legendary stuff like this could be once in a lifetime.

lobohawk

Reaction score
And the D should really benefit from the better offense. More stress on the opposing offense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lol, in the future, it's going to proof of fandom.....a rite of passage that you aren't a bandwagon fan.

"I was a fan before the LOB!"

As we get more and more credit as a defense, it's going to minimize the marginal pass interference/holding/contact penalties. Oh, I think we'll get the obvious ones, but after watching the GB game, one of my surprising takeaways from the game was that I felt every flag we got on defense was a good call and deserved.

I'm not that guy that thinks every flag thrown against my team is a bad flag (well, most of the time I'm not that guy !), but bad flags irk me to no end.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
A second SB win cements the legacy, for sure.

Which is going to kill us after the fact. I mean, everyone tries to compare this O-line to 2005's. Can you imagine what it's going to be like in 2024 after this reign of terror is finished and the next D (who will almost certainly not be as good) is on the field? Definitely treasure it now.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3tjlie0j said:
HawkFan72":3tjlie0j said:
Watched 4 games yesterday. The Jags were decent at it, but for the most part nobody swarms to the ball like Seattle. I see good offensive plays and my first thought is , well, Kam would have killed that guy, Thomas III would have been down the middle there, stuff like that.

Treasure it Seattle fans. Legendary stuff like this could be once in a lifetime.

It's going to be tough to match our #1 ranking this year due to our schedule, but we may be even better on D and that bodes well for the playoffs.

I think people are underestimating the Jags. Gus is going to have these guys flying around this year. They're up and coming and will surprise some teams this year.

Latest posts