Props to Miller

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Zach Miller had a fantastic game on Thursday in many different forms. He made a ridiculous catch, blocked well and went to the ground and got up to knock down a tipped pass.

I think he looks healthy and better than ever.

Zach buddy, you re-worked your deal to stay here. Thanks Man! That is the kind of play I have been hoping for. A true to life, real-deal TE.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Yeah that suicidal one-hander he caught that Russ overthrew and that BALLER EFFORT he gave to disrupt the INT were just straight MANLY!
I hope Russell paid for his dinner that night and offered to mow his lawn or clean his baseboards :lol:

Cartire

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2d6rbknz said:
Yeah that suicidal one-hander he caught that Russ overthrew and that BALLER EFFORT he gave to disrupt the INT were just straight MANLY!
I hope Russell paid for his dinner that night and offered to mow his lawn or clean his baseboards :lol:

Russ put it right where it needed to be. Any closer and its a breakup by Mathews.

Collinsworth said it best right after the play. Im paraphrasing, "These are world-class athletes. Sometimes a QB just has to give his guys a chance to make a play."

Mick063

Reaction score
I personally loved his pass blocking of Clay Mathews on the edge rush. It was perfect form.

Beautifully done.

Zach is the most under appreciated TE in the business, except to the 12's.

Well Done Zach!

Cartire

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3qvrqijt said:
Yeah, I guess so. I just think he could've hit him in stride. Either way, Big Zach gets more credit from me for the completion than Russ.

Oh no doubt. It was still Millers highlight.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was just talking to my (very Hawk-knowledgeable) sister-in-law about Miller tonight and we both marveled about how weird it is that many folks seem to forget what a stud TE he is, coming from the Raiders, it was a steal. Then, due to circumstance, he spent the first couple seasons with us doing little more than blocking, as if that was his fault.

Now, whenever Miller has a great play, it seems to be a "Wow, look at that!" from the media like it was almost an anomaly.

Even some fans tend to think that. Not for a lack of intelligence, but more from how he's been used in our offense for the majority of his time spent here. If he came here say in 2005 with THAT offensive line, he would have had tons of great plays, showcasing his very real talent, because the OL was so dang dominant there was no need for him to spend much of his time in the backfield providing max protect like he was doing here for the first couple years.

I've always thought that Miller was one of the best TE's in the game, but we hardly had a chance to see that fact for ourselves due to our own shortcomings on the OL. Then, when Miller has had his chance, he's rarely disappointed, and almost always come up big for us.

I've been swinging towards an ADB jersey for awhile but maybe it's Miller Time.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":3tlhgs3o said:
I was just talking to my (very Hawk-knowledgeable) sister-in-law about Miller tonight and we both marveled about how weird it is that many folks seem to forget what a stud TE he is, coming from the Raiders, it was a steal. Then, due to circumstance, he spent the first couple seasons with us doing little more than blocking, as if that was his fault.

Now, whenever Miller has a great play, it seems to be a "Wow, look at that!" from the media like it was almost an anomaly.

Even some fans tend to think that. Not for a lack of intelligence, but more from how he's been used in our offense for the majority of his time spent here. If he came here say in 2005 with THAT offensive line, he would have had tons of great plays, showcasing his very real talent, because the OL was so dang dominant there was no need for him to spend much of his time in the backfield providing max protect like he was doing here for the first couple years.

I've always thought that Miller was one of the best TE's in the game, but we hardly had a chance to see that fact for ourselves due to our own shortcomings on the OL. Then, when Miller has had his chance, he's rarely disappointed, and almost always come up big for us.

I've been swinging towards an ADB jersey for awhile but maybe it's Miller Time.

Lot of truth in this post. There's a reason Miller is getting the money he does.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Seems to me what you guys are actually saying is that Carpenter finally gets it and that Britt and Sweezy weren't reaches? :sarcasm_off:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We would have been SCREWED at the TE position if Miller had not taken less money to stay here.

The Hawks would have likely gone into the season counting on Willson and McCoy to be the #1 and #2 TEs. With McCoy going down, we would have been in big trouble because it would have been too late to find a suitable replacement.

Miller showed he is a true team player by taking less money to come back, and he showed his value on the field Thursday. He is one of our best blockers and he's a pass-catching threat with his great hands when given the chance.

So glad he's back. Probably one of the most underrated moves of the offseason was getting him back.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cartire":12or0rcp said:
hgwellz12":12or0rcp said:
Yeah, I guess so. I just think he could've hit him in stride. Either way, Big Zach gets more credit from me for the completion than Russ.

Incorrect. That would be Miller High-life. [emoji6] Clay was stride for stride with Miller, and Zack is no speed demon, so 'hitting him in stride' would also be hitting Clay 'in stride.' Russell put the ball exactly where it needed to be, especially when you consider Pete's philosopy about the ball.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":154l59j4 said:
Lot of truth in this post. There's a reason Miller is getting the money he does.
He's not even getting that, anymore. He restructured downward significantly. I think the dude wants more rings.

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2lwopypy said:
Cartire":2lwopypy said:
He's not even getting that, anymore. He restructured downward significantly. I think the dude wants more rings.

Yea, he took a cut, and I love that about him. But hes still making decent money for a TE. Not Tier 1, but T2 forsure.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I think the with improvement of the O line, we'll see a lot more of Miller doing what he did in Oakland. He's been forced to block for the last few years. I think he'll be back to Pro Bowl form this year.

Lxx

Reaction score
didn't people B.SB (Before SuperBowl) want Miller gone????

I was like wtf, why would you want to cut your best blocker.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lxx":3iq8ec3a said:

Joined within the last month, seems that your avatar and name are familiar, looks a lot like Axx.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2vn07rks said:
Cartire":2vn07rks said:
hgwellz12":2vn07rks said:

Incorrect. That would be Miller High-life. [emoji6] Clay was stride for stride with Miller, and Zack is no speed demon, so 'hitting him in stride' would also be hitting Clay 'in stride.' Russell put the ball exactly where it needed to be, especially when you consider Pete's philosopy about the ball.

So he threw Zack open... Would have been a perfect pass had it been Willson running that route. JK. Crunch time is Miller time.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":23ktgq5s said:
Lxx":23ktgq5s said:

Joined within the last month, seems that your avatar and name are familiar, looks a lot like Axx.

LXX (Septuagint) or LXX (70) or Lxx (something else)?

Latest posts