pete plans on keeping ET on punt return

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I would still like to see Baldwin get some opportunities back there,

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Walters did a fine job and he doesn't make me nervous at all. I don't understand putting Earl back there. When Green Bay was punting that ball the first thing I said to my wife was man I hope he doesn't fumble this punt and sure enough it happens. He just doesn't look comfortable catching it at all.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense to me, but I'm just a fan. I'd like to see Richardson get a shot. He's quick and he is the guy replacing Tate. He looked explosive in the Colorado highlights I watched, seems like a stud.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Earl returning punts makes me nervous. Personally, I think it's a mistake. Earl's not that much better at punt returns than everyone else that there aren't other options on this roster.

mikeak

Reaction score
The GB player turned his head and rammed ET just when the ball arrived but should have been a flag and tired of everyone blaming ET on that one

More annoyed in the one GB punt where in of our players (can't remember whom was dangerously close to the ball on the ground). Get the ball or GET AWAY

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":7hdab12o said:
The GB player turned his head and rammed ET just when the ball arrived but should have been a flag and tired of everyone blaming ET on that one

More annoyed in the one GB punt where in of our players (can't remember whom was dangerously close to the ball on the ground). Get the ball or GET AWAY

Nope, rewatched it twice now. The ball hits ET before the gunner hits him. Its just as clean as the Lockett hit on timing. ET needed to call fair catch and he didnt, thats all on him.

I think ET will be great there. I dont think he looks uncomfortable at all. He made a stupid mistake. IT happens. Golden made his fair share of mistakes during some of his returns as well. ET was just excited, wanted to make a spark, and lost some discipline because of it. He'll learn. He wont make that same mistake again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2bv05jtm said:

GB was crowding him towards the ball, trying to force his contact with his foot, so they could pick it up and claim that he touched it of his own accord, at least that's how I saw it, even confirmed it on the replay.

mikeak

Reaction score
^which is solved by trying to get away sooner. He shouldn't have been that close so that he can get crowded

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":1kmu6v2e said:
^which is solved by trying to get away sooner. He shouldn't have been that close so that he can get crowded

Actually, if you watch it, he was way far away from where it first bounced. It landed right next to him after it bounced though. Nothing he can do about that.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This IMHO is the most stupid thing .
super star safety returning punts wtf!! He doesn't even look comfortable doing it .
And if he goes down on a stupid punt return ill flip my shit . There is no need for this .
He is the single most important part of how we play defense . Just adding risk to THE key player to me is is arrogant and stupid at the same time. Pete is really not thinking clearly on this one and is risking more than the reward there. Stupid stupid stupid!
Rant over!!

MB12

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice how Earl looked really nervous before the punt he fumbled?

I knew it was going to happen before it did

Cartire

Reaction score
All these couch coaches that know more then Carroll. And somehow knew ET was going to fumble.

Seriously, get off your couches and go tell PC and Paul Allen you got this. You are wasting your gifts here on .net.

warden

Reaction score
We need to continue to work on things, get better, teach our players, not panic and over react the first time something goes wrong. Now after time if ET does not respond to coaching, then you make the change, not now.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Blitzer88":21bzr3c4 said:
Still wish we had Tate just for the fact that he was our punt returner.

Obviously, Earl needs to make smarter decisions rather than try to be a super-hero and maintain ball-control but other than that, Punt Returning is going to take backseat to an Offense that looks like it can average 30+ points per game.

Tate's PR skills will be missed up until the point people realize that the Seahawks offense will be on pace to be the best in Seahawks history.