Brandon Mebane

Cartire

Reaction score
I give that rookie center some credit. He did hold his own for his first game. But something I noticed while rewatching the game. Mebane was double teamed at all times. Thats respect right there. And thats a huge reason our pass rush became so effective later into the game. He demanded constant double teams. I was getting worried that time might have been catching up to him. But he looked strong all night.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Great profile pic lol

You're right on Mebane. He was my first focus of the game as I thought he'd have a great chance to make some plays and I noticed pretty quickly he was getting double teamed most the night. No chance for a belly roll but he was clogging holes.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of other players on other teams, so I can't officially declare this outright but I can question it:

Is Mebane one of, IF NOT the best NT in PURSUIT ? I always see him chase someone down he has no business playing cat and mouse with.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":149422mr said:
I give that rookie center some credit. He did hold his own for his first game. But something I noticed while rewatching the game. Mebane was double teamed at all times. Thats respect right there. And thats a huge reason our pass rush became so effective later into the game. He demanded constant double teams. I was getting worried that time might have been catching up to him. But he looked strong all night.
Good observation. Yeah he was double teamed most of the time. Combo of respect and trying to protect a rookie center in a hostile environment.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1umf155d said:
I don't watch a lot of other players on other teams, so I can't officially declare this outright but I can question it:

Is Mebane one of, IF NOT the best NT in PURSUIT ? I always see him chase someone down he has no business playing cat and mouse with.

Like when he turned Knowshon Moreno into a streak on the windshield (SB XLVIII)? He pursues well for a big boy who is classified as a 'run stuffer.' :th2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
He got held too. They were smart about it, holding both hands, in the chest area and for only 1 or 2 seconds. I was focusing on that part too and was disappointed that he didn't get a chance to show his abilities on national TV. But make no mistake, people familiar with that position, and other players recognize his abilities.

I fully expect Mebane to be voted in to the Pro Bowl this year.

Latest posts