Percy Worry

seahawksny

Reaction score
I felt he was used too much in this game.

Worked like a charm, and he is lethal, so why not. However, part of me thinks he will not last 16 games if they use him for as many plays as they did last night

Largent80

Reaction score
He looked as fresh as a daisy after the game.

He is young, hungry, and wants to be in the Hall of Fame.

Keep feeding him the ball.

Steve2222

Reaction score
He touched the ball 16 total times. Really nothing that crazy.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Also worried here. Dude plays like it's his last when he has a whole season ahead of him. Takes unnecessary big hits for those extra yard or 2.

hawker84

Reaction score
Not worried. and neither is Pete, that's why we win, can't play or coach scared. call the plays that's going to to get us the win. if injuries occur (which they will) that's what depth's for... and we have plenty at WR... NO not as good, but pretty darn good.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
hawker84":378jbte9 said:
Not worried. and neither is Pete, that's why we win, can't play or coach scared. call the plays that's going to to get us the win. if injuries occur (which they will) that's what depth's for... and we have plenty at WR... NO not as good, but pretty darn good.

Not playing or coaching scared. Baldwin and Kearse were barely utilized last night. We have options.

Did anyone EVER think we would be critical like after winning they way we have been? Boy is this refreshing

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't see the worry here. Dude missed very little time before he got here why should that change.

Also the hip problem that he says makes him better than he ever was at Minni.

And boy does that sweep work well. And when its just the threat look at the open receiver on the other side of the field.

:th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is something you need to know about Percy. He is one TOUGH dude. He enjoys contact. His injuries are healed and he is doing what he has always done.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Even without Percy this team is pretty good. But what good is having him if you don't use him?

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind if the team shelved him for the next 10 weeks or so to keep him "fresh". What I'm excited to see is how he changes the dynamics of the games with the 49ers. I'm expecting that to be just a whole lot of fun.

Cartire

Reaction score
So you want him to play like Rodgers last night? Scared of taking a hit and making mistakes because of it?

ASuperForce

Reaction score
No worries over the amount he was used, but it's kinda scary the way he was leading with his head so much.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":26nlzc2e said:
Here is something you need to know about Percy. He is one TOUGH dude. He enjoys contact. His injuries are healed and he is doing what he has always done.
Yup. :th2thumbs:
Remember the game vs. Minn. when he took Sherman "head on"? It was that moment that I said aloud that he would fit into this team's philosophy. My god, did I ever call it. That was before the big trade.

drcool

Reaction score
My guess is they feed him the ball a lot these first two games to scare the crap out of opposing D-coordinators and then start using him as a decoy more and more. Give him 10-12 touches a game and spread the others out to Kearse, Baldwin, Miller, Willson, etc.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I agree. This time has shown it loves players who despise contact and hate getting the ball. Put him on the bench. Better to keep the toy in the package than risk it not being in mint condition.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think I read he was in 55% of the offensive plays, sound perfect to me.

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawksny":x7rxxv8e said:
I felt he was used too much in this game.

Worked like a charm, and he is lethal, so why not. However, part of me thinks he will not last 16 games if they use him for as many plays as they did last night

I find it ironic that you started this thread with your 420th post.

Jokes aside, and IF I am reading you correctly, I somewhat agree...but only to an extent. Champs seldom repeat for a plethora of reasons. Losing key players in FA (etc) along with complacency probably top the list. I think the "target on the back" is also somewhat up there. Every team wants to beat your typically depleted team and have you circled on the calendar. Others change their entire philosophy just to beat you. Pete has a toy that you can't emulate in practice and he is putting it out there and saying..."OK, stop this, if you can't, you lose".

My hope is that we murder these teams in the first 1/2-3/4 then let Percy rest thereafter. But if and when he starts approaching all-pro or even MVP status ..and he's certainly on that path this morning, the trick will be keeping Percy from slipping back into his old, me first, demanding, pouting personality if we pull him before he's ready to be pulled. Thus far, I've seen a huge change in Percy Harvin's 'tude. He appears to be a great team mate and with serious bank, now only wants to win. Here's to Percy's continued good health..mental and physical. Go Hawks!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2bzeow6h said:

Word. This WR plays like a RB, looks for that contact. And he is a legitimate game changer, a rare commodity.

I get why people are worried, but we got some dogs.

Specifically, 52 seconds in. Yes Lawd.

[youtube]xknBTqR_-GQ[/youtube]

themunn

Reaction score
If Harvin touches the ball 16 times last week, and 16 times next week... what do you think the Broncos game plan will be?
It certainly won't be "key in on Lockette and Coleman", or even "stop Baldwin and Kearse", hell, the probably won't even care about Willson or Miller either.

The more we use him the more we can utilise him without actually giving him the ball....