Bevell

Largent80

Reaction score
Holy Schnikies those new plays were incredible !!!!

And he drew those up with our personnel in mind. It was almost unfair.

I bow to you D.B. :bow:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
My God I ripped into Bevell for a few years.

Apparently, something happened and he took the shackles off the offense.

It was the Packers, not the Niners, but yeah. He did a great job last night.

Frankly, we already got the SB so I gave him a forever pass anyway, but then he just totally shocked me looking like a different OC out there.

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
Completely agree- his play calling was very frustrating at times the last few years. In hindsight he was probably rightly focused on the limitations of the personnel at the time. When you have few personnel limitations, the play calling can get awesome. He's going to get a ton of credit this year. He is also likely to become a head coach somewhere. That said, I'd much rather lose him than Dan Quinn.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He called a good game..I love the new plays..I don't think by far it was our best being it was our first game ,that's to be expected...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I kind of wonder with a healthy Harvin and the added toys in the WR corps, the shelf life of Marshawn, etc.. if maybe Pete is essentially taking the training wheels off of Bevell and allowing him to be a bit more creative this year.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Harvin obviously plays into the new plays, and there is no reason in the world why we shouldn't go all out every week.

He single handedly changes everything.

Bevell called the best game ever last night since he has been here and deserves credit. Even Russ turned around and gave him kudos.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The third series was the best play calling I have ever seen by Bevell. That was perfection.

However, I was disappointed by the decision not to give the ball to Lunch on the 3rd-yard line on the series after the INT.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
On that play, while Coleman was running into the end zone Russ turned around and was laughing and pointing right at Bevell.

It was beautiful.

And yes Zeb. I see what you did there, and he MUST go.....Fire him immediately.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Lol - it is kinda nice when an OC has a healthy offensive line, a maturing elite QB and a major weapon at WR.

Bevell has been playing with a tough deck the last two years and only now has he been able to implement his full deck.

In 2012, he was protecting Russell Wilson for more than half the season.

In 2013, he had a makeshift offensive line and a distinct lack of elite talent at WR.

During these years, we blamed play calling without seeing the forest for the trees. The logical fallacy was that there was a play or set of play calls that would have worked. In fact, often times, there simply wasn't. With the tables turned, are 31 other offensive coordinators just bad play callers against the Seahawks or does it just not matter what they call because they get smacked anyway. The latter is true.

In 2014, the pieces are in place so that he can implement a relatively full arsenal of play calls. He has the offensive line, the QB, RB and WR to put it almost anything.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
How many times did you see the ENTIRE GB defense going one way while the ball was going the other way?

Love the new avi Zeb, are you coming to the game?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Largent80":3ahni2it said:
Love the new avi Zeb, are you coming to the game?

Naw, I wish. Couldn't afford the trip this year. Even though it probably would have been cheaper than trying to get into a game at the Clink, airfare included. Yeesh.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You could tell last night that Bevell and Pete have been crazy waiting to use all those layered misdirection plays with Percy since he got here.

The scary part for other teams is I seriously don't know how you stop it. Rusell is 99% of the time going to make the right decision on who the ball goes to.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I never shied away from expressing my outright hatred for him. I felt that there was absolutely NOTHING that he could do to change that in me.

Last night...... well, last night things changed. Some of those plays blew.my.mind!

I still do not like him (as I am an infamous holder of grudges) but I do give him props for the play calling last night.

Good job DB, good job indeed!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle: The only fan base that can hate an offensive coordinator who gets them to a Super Bowl with half an offensive line and no fast receivers.

Exittium

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hy2hme7 said:
Seattle: The only fan base that can hate an offensive coordinator who gets them to a Super Bowl with half an offensive line and no fast receivers.

Well of course, it wouldn't be the official regular season with the "fire [Place coache's Name here]" threads :D

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Bevell will have a Head Coaching job next year if Harvin and Russell stay healthy.