For a good laugh Packers post game from their forums

chris98251

Reaction score
We're not 20 points worse than Seattle
Postby texas » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:53 am

The score was worse than the game. We're not 20 points worse than them. I'd say maybe 10, which is what I thought we would lose by going into the game. The turnovers by us were worse than normal, since they were both on the first play of the drive while backed up deep in our own territory. Remember our defense stopped them like 3 times in a row in the 2nd half before the offense's ineptitude finally was too much to bear and the dam broke.

Look, we are clearly a 2nd-tier team at this point, but 2nd-tier teams have won Super Bowls before, so I see a formula for us:

1) Avoid as many tough teams as possible. We have come a long way from the finesse team of 2011, but compared with some of these mean, nasty NFC ballers we are still fairies. The good news is, in the playoffs, we only play 3 NFC teams. So if we can avoid some combination of NYG, SF, SEA, and maybe ARI (who looks like they're building the same type of team as the rest of the NFC West), that will make things easier. Let's say we draw the #2 seed and play the Eagles or somebody in game 1. That means we only have to beat 1 tough team.

2) Have Clinton-Dix and Peppers improve. I saw everybody bitching in the other thread about how our defense is the same old crap. It's not. Haha didn't look great, but his bad performance tonight was better than the best performances of our efense last year (they couldn't play D so they don't get one in the spelling of that word). I don't see why people were hating on Peppers. His bad game tonight was better than Katy Perry's best game last year. These guys, I have to imagine, will get better as they get experience. Peppers never played LB before, and Haha never played in the NFL before. They have real talent.

3) Have Harvin get injured. That is going to need to happen, and it probably will. Because he is their Kaepernick or Randy Moss of the late 90s. A fast guy that we just can't stop. Look, we're going to have to get lucky here because Dum Capers has shown he can't stop fast superstars with these slow players TT has given him.

4) Replace a few of our starters with better backups. I think a big reason we won in 2010 was because our backups were better than our starters, who were only starting because our coaching staff is one of the stubbornest of all time. Bishop > Barnett. Tramon and Shields were technically backups too. This year, we have got to replace Brad Jones. As my dad was saying during the game, he had an awful game. I had to correct that statement, because he has actually had an awful career. It's not like tonight's performance was a surprise.

5) Get lucky during the playoff game. If all the above happen, we will be 5 points or so worse than Seattle in even conditions. Since we play them at Seattle, they may be 10 points or so better. So let's say Marshawn Lynch pulls a Packer and sprains his ACL in the first quarter. Then all that's left is Wilson, and he just isn't that good, sorry. He is a game manager, and then they are beatable.

If all those things happen, we have a chance, which is more than like 25 teams can say. But yeah, Seattle is one of the most dominant teams of all time at this point.

Uffda

Reaction score
Well there's a lot of wrong in that post.

Better that they're delusional, happier season for them.

Though think that Clinton-Dix and Peppers will improve.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Postby lupethefiasco » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:22 am

I'm now convinced that this Seahawks team is the best team I have ever witnessed. The triple option they run with Percy, Lynch, and Wilson is unstoppable. Their defense is real. Absolutely the best safety

There is no higher compliment than this

McG

Reaction score
This is not directed at the OP, but the GB fan. Enjoy.
[youtube]ZpmIBJ_MKas[/youtube]

Kaiser

Reaction score
Avoid tough teams? Thats some championship quality planning buddy

Cartire

Reaction score
Haha, I love that his strategy relies on our stars being injured.

When the only way to beat us is for our players to get hurt, yikes. Talk about a defeatist attitude.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good grief. Sadly, this is the average fan.

"We aren't 20 points worse than the Seahawks"....actually you are. If it wasn't for Thomas fumbling a punt deep in his own territory, you'd have been beaten a lot worse. I don't think we fumbled a punt and lost possession all last year, so yes, for this team, that is a fluke occurence.

"Avoid tough teams". Are Packers fans really that entitled ? Do they honestly think the NFL is just going to help them out like this ?

It's called a schedule buddy, you have to play the teams on it. You don't get to move them around, you don't get to skip them, and you won't get to avoid them.

"Have Percy Harvin get hurt". Honestly, I hate when any fan, ours or theirs, wants a guy to get hurt. It's juvenile.

"Have Peppers and Clinton-Dix get better" Lol, if all the teams could do this. "gee, let's just have so and so, and chucklehead get better all the sudden, cuz we suck there"

This honestly sounds like a 5th grader wrote this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LOL

I like how all of the OP's remedies for what's wrong are impossible fixes.

1. Tell Peppers and Dicks to be better. Good luck with that!
2. Let's find better backups to take the place of starters!......umm if the backups WERE better, they'd BE starters dummy.
3. Hope for Percy to get injured
4. Avoid tough teams? wat. This is the NFL son.

kpak76

Reaction score
Am I the onl that saw that he trashed on Wilson with his post also? Dude is seriously delusional. RW outplayed "the best QB in the NFL" by a large margin in the first half. Maybe someone should point it out to him.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha. Yep, if every conceivable stroke of luck goes your way, and you take away two of our best offensive weapons, you get within 5 points of the Hawks by season's end. Awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

253hawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":fkwzzl20 said:
Uh-huh. Turnovers were the key. One apiece. Devastating.

Well besides the INT, GB also had the 4th down turnover and the safety.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
253hawk":22hywwfx said:
Seahawk Sailor":22hywwfx said:
Uh-huh. Turnovers were the key. One apiece. Devastating.

Well besides the INT, GB also had the 4th down turnover and the safety.
What was the going for it on 4th down and 5 at midfield all about? It had to be a total miscommunication I just don't see them doing that on purpose.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
1. Don't play good teams
2. Players must improve
3. Opposing players must get hurt
4. Replace starters with mysteriously better backups
5. Luck!

Championship!!

Latest posts