This season is a formality

Tical21

Reaction score
If we manage to stay relatively healthy, we can start designing our rings. If we're a 10, the next closest team is a 6 or 7. We just added Percy Harvin. They're going to end up playing the season and trying to make a big deal over some certain games and it'll be fun and all that, but for all intents and purposes, this season is over.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Tical, is that you?

I would never make this statement because the variance possible in a one-game elimination playoff system is too much, but I do think that, assuming reasonable health throughout the year, we'd take any team in the league in a best-of-three, much less a best-of-five.

Uthawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2joiedk8 said:
Tical, is that you?

I would never make this statement because the variance possible in a one-game elimination playoff system is too much, but I do think that, assuming reasonable health throughout the year, we'd take any team in the league in a best-of-three, much less a best-of-five.

That's the way I see it as well. We are going to be really really good, but luck factors into these games sometimes and one narrow loss can change everything. I'm still really optimistic, but also realize how difficult it is to be consistently superior each week.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Tical21":2wsrgwzs said:
If we manage to stay relatively healthy, we can start designing our rings. If we're a 10, the next closest team is a 6 or 7. We just added Percy Harvin. They're going to end up playing the season and trying to make a big deal over some certain games and it'll be fun and all that, but for all intents and purposes, this season is over.

I agree.

same with the 16 and 0 pats and 15 and 1 packers.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I actually thought much the same thing during the game, especially the 2nd half.

My exact thoughts were: "they can make up whatever rule changes they want to slow us down, this team won't be stopped"

I'm trying to temper my excitment by rationalizing that GB's defense was very poor last year.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This team is beastly on all aspects of the ball. Putting up 36 points against even a poor defense in the NFL is nothing to sneeze at. Limiting one of the better offenses in the game to 16 points isn't either. If we remain healthy, this team can beat any team, anywhere, any time.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I would agree if Percy stays healthy all season but he won't. And there will be other injuries as well.

But goddamn is it ever fun to watch! :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Exuberance is great, but there is 15 more games just in the season, and a lot of people that want to go after us. We need to still grow into the 2014 Seahawks. Were off to a great start but we are already seeing injuries to our secondary that I hope can bounce back and we do need to work on our Punt Return game or it will get exploited.

Call be tempered but I like to enjoy the meal a bite at a time and relish every bite.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":14gz6rm4 said:
Tical, is that you?

The difference between us and another team is greater than any variance that can happen in a game. Any team that beats us in the playoffs is going to have to play a nearly perfect 60 minutes of football, and I don't think there is currently a team in the NFL capable of doing it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chris98251":3fcu9bg7 said:
Exuberance is great, but there is 15 more games just in the season, and a lot of people that want to go after us. We need to still grow into the 2014 Seahawks. Were off to a great start but we are already seeing injuries to our secondary that I hope can bounce back and we do need to work on our Punt Return game or it will get exploited.

Call be tempered but I like to enjoy the meal a bite at a time and relish every bite.

We as fans can say whatever we want. That's the reality, sure, but we can be exuberant.

More interesting were the comments after the game regarding our potential this season. Post-game, Coach Carroll said something to the extent of "Well, last year we had a pretty good year, but we have a lot to work on this year." Heh. That's a quote off a Super Bowl-winning season. Sounds like something said after an 8-8 season. And all the players said very similar things. They've bought into this "win forever" philosophy, and are going to be a scary force to be reckoned with for years to come!

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ncc47fj said:
chris98251":1ncc47fj said:

We as fans can say whatever we want. That's the reality, sure, but we can be exuberant.

More interesting were the comments after the game regarding our potential this season. Post-game, Coach Carroll said something to the extent of "Well, last year we had a pretty good year, but we have a lot to work on this year." Heh. That's a quote off a Super Bowl-winning season. Sounds like something said after an 8-8 season. And all the players said very similar things. They've bought into this "win forever" philosophy, and are going to be a scary force to be reckoned with for years to come!

I think the exciting part is there isn't a reference to we have arrived and are happy where were at.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle won 36-16 despite getting a 6.8 YPA from Wilson and allowing Rodgers to go 6 for 12 on 3rd downs. This was a somewhat pedestrian performance by the Hawks by their standards, and they still utterly destroyed one of the NFL's better teams.

I also feel that this new offense is a lot harder to gameplan than ever before. Arizona came in here and took advantage of how predictable and rigid Bevell was. I would say that Bevell cost Seattle two games last year, and I don't think I'll be saying that in 2014.

I think this is where Tical's confidence comes from given his background in coaching. A few of the smarter teams found a way to solve Seattle schematically last season, but the Hawks offense is now so dynamic, talented and creative that I really doubt there is a magical solution for frustrating Seattle's offense like there was last year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We hit too hard to stay healthy so there are going to be some bumps and adjustments to be made along the way.
IMO the big difference in last nights offense was the guard play and Carp in particular. He has learned nasty from Sweezy and the two of them were punishing!