How loud was it?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For those in attendance (jealous), it was a record setting crowd, but didn't seem nearly as loud or focused from what I could hear on TV as other games.

What say you?

- bsd

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The pregame/banner lifting/introductions/flag raising from the HoFers was bonkers.

It waned a bit as the Hawks didn't quite dominate like they did in the SB (not that we should have expected quite that), but Rodgers had a lot to do with that, and I also give credit to their defense for being fairly stingy. So Volume 12 was definitely in the house in spurts but not throughout the entire game.

All-in-all, I would give the 12's an 8 out of 12.

Which, by the way, blows the doors off of 80% of the rest of the stadiums around the country.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know. I have no voice at all now. Probably won't until Sunday.

Lxx

Reaction score
MSNBC demonstrated what aaron rodgers heres with a helmet with a speaker in it. It was what arod was using. It back fired badly as the tv viewer could hear everything clearly.

Then al michaels told a funny comparing it to "Grunge Music"

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
It didn't seem too loud on tv... I mean 276 dollars a ticket for row WW??!?! It's become a rich mans game. So all the blue collar workers who are loud and proud, can't afford the game (as myself). So I wouldn't be surprised if it's quieter this year.

Harperville

Reaction score
The people behind broadcasting the game have a lot of control in how loud the crowd appears to sound on TV. Do they turn up crowd noise or muffle it? On the radio driving home it sounded ridiculously loud.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I was at the game.

It was loud. It always is.

BUT there was a swarm of Packers fans there. In fact, you could hear them chanting "Go Pack Go!" at various points throughout the game. Give them credit... they travel extremely well.

GO HAWKS!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
And the only reason you heard that was because the Seahawks were on offense and the crowd was quiet for them.

As the game was winding down and the Seahawks chewed up the clock, Packer fans were leaving to "Go Pack, Go."

ZagHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3qa9r96m said:
For those in attendance (jealous), it was a record setting crowd, but didn't seem nearly as loud or focused from what I could hear on TV as other games.

What say you?

- bsd

Pregame and opening kick off...ridiculously loud.

Play to play. Still loud, but crowd took a while to kick in gear. i.e. a niner game people are at peak by the time the lineup is formed. This game, people hit peak about the snap. Why I care, because the noise isn't just trying to disrupt snap count, its trying to disrupt their huddle communication too, and a lot of casuals 12s just don't get that.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1sbgm4j9 said:
I was at the game.

BUT there was a swarm of Packers fans there. In fact, you could hear them chanting "Go Pack Go!" at various points throughout the game. Give them credit... they travel extremely well.

GO HAWKS!

Significantly less Packer fans this year vs 2012. 2012 it felt like easily 10-15% of the stadium were cheeseheads. This year 5% Max. On top of that...the fans were much, much more cordial. Keep in mind in 2012 they were coming off their own super bowl winning season. But yeah they were in hoards walking around doing their little cheers pre game and got really loud during the game for MNF. This year, very quiet pregame, no hoards at all. And when I walked by the them..a lot of conversation was very passive "anyone's game" etc. I think for this reason the 12s were also pretty cordial right back. I saw no fights or even confrontations.

Brahn

Reaction score
ZagHawk":dcpih8au said:
Hawksfanatik":dcpih8au said:
I was at the game.

GO HAWKS!

Significantly less Packer fans this year vs 2012. 2012 it felt like easily 10-15% of the stadium were cheeseheads. This year 5% Max. On top of that...the fans were much, much more cordial. Keep in mind in 2012 they were coming off their own super bowl winning season. But yeah they were in hoards walking around doing their little cheers pre game and got really loud during the game for MNF. This year, very quiet pregame, no hoards at all. And when I walked by the them..a lot of conversation was very passive "anyone's game" etc. I think for this reason the 12s were also pretty cordial right back. I saw no fights or even confrontations.

Packer guy at the top of the ramp had a Our #12 is better than your 12 sign. I vocally disagreed "Until it matters". He fired back "Our 12 is better than your 12". I bellowed "except when it matters". He fell silent. we won. I feel justified.

Couple fail marry shirts were seen that after the game felt like a silly thing to shit talk about when your team wasn't even in this one. Heard one Packer fan "Wishing for the replacement Refs, least we were close in that one"

RockHawk

Reaction score
Yea, I don't know how much beer Aros and the others saying it wasn't as loud had because the first series of the game with the Packers on offense was vibrating my whole body like as only happened 3 other times. I agree that it settled down a bit and went up and down, but that first series was incredible.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lets see how loud we can be in San Diego next Sunday. I can tell you 1 thing. I will NOT be able to talk when it gets over.

AgentDib

Reaction score
That first series was definitely maximum volume and there were a couple of other 12/12 situations (second/third and long, the fourth down stop). It tailed off a lot as you would expect once we had a significant lead.

The only part where I thought the noise was too low for the situation was immediately after Earl's muffed punt. It started very strong but as the Packers moved the ball I think a combination of their success and ET's error damped noise to a 10/12 level when it really should have been a 12/12 for that game situation.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
It was so loud, Richard Sherman couldn't hear his own trash talk.

It was so loud, Russell Wilson was able to cuss up a storm and keep his squeaky clean image.

It was so loud, Derrick Coleman heard it after his hearing aid fell out when his helmet came off that one time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":3mjwqfg1 said:
Lets see how loud we can be in San Diego next Sunday. I can tell you 1 thing. I will NOT be able to talk when it gets over.

Standing by my prediction that their stadium will be about 40% Seahawk fans.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":gl0rc2ov said:
I was at the game.

GO HAWKS!
Travel???
That's mostly idiots that live here.............
Kinda like Boston fans at an M's game.

Latest posts