sherman got 0 targets

Lxx

Reaction score
How often does this happen in the nfl???
Virtually every throw by rogers went to the left and middle sides of the field.
Its like the right side of the field didnt even exist.

Lockdown corner

dusktreader

Reaction score
He had *few* targets last year, but it didn't look like Rodgers even looked his way all night. If he just takes away half of the field every week, we'll own the passing game. I still think teams will challenge him, and I'm looking for him to get 5+ picks this year.

amill87

Reaction score
But he doesn't follow the number one receiver therefore he isn't shut down.

You guys don't understand what shut down means, it doesn't mean physically shutting down half the field, that would be stupid.

OP
OP
Lxx

Lxx

Reaction score
amill87":1r6vdte1 said:

You guys don't understand what shut down means, it doesn't mean physically shutting down half the field, that would be stupid.
I agree
Sherman is a system cb

Hawks46

Reaction score
It is saying something when Rodgers doesn't throw at you.

I noticed that every time Jordy Nelson lined up against Sherman, the Packers ran ball.

rjdriver

Reaction score
To essentially cut the field in half which allows Earl and Kam to focus their energies where needed is completely cray cray!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Peyton and now Rodgers, the two best in the game, have both decided it's better to play with half a field than throw anything in the vicinity of Richard Sherman. Peyton wouldn't even throw at him in a preseason game. These guys study the tape more than anyone.

#1 CB. It's not close right now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
amill87":ecxv4n5s said:

Shutting down half the field is as effective if not moreso than following a number one around all game.

Shock2k

Reaction score
amill87":1p89npnc said:

Ok, I don't want to pile on. But he literally shut down an entire side of the field to passing the entire game. You can't get more shut down than that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawks46":1jsu3s4o said:
It is saying something when Rodgers doesn't throw at you.

I noticed that every time Jordy Nelson lined up against Sherman, the Packers ran ball.

Yea, it was painfully obvious Sherman was just shutting down half the field the entire game. That's a helluva lot from one player. Allows Kam and Earl to cheat up and help out the other side of the field and shut that side down too. And hey, Maxwell gave up some passes--it was guaranteed with Rodgers slinging the ball--but he made him pay pretty dearly for it too.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Sherm is that good, why would you throw into coverage that you know that you will lose

amill87

Reaction score
Shock2k":2knvipip said:
amill87":2knvipip said:

Ok, I don't want to pile on. But he literally shut down an entire side of the field to passing the entire game. You can't get more shut down than that.

My post was tongue firmly in cheek.

Sherman is doing something unreal now. He is intimidating teams into changing how their offense functions.

How many teams will have their #1 WR play to the left of a right handed QB the entire game?

Not only does he allow both our safeties to only have to worry about half the field, he makes the entire passing offense change how they would normally function just by being on the field.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1uikxoen said:

Question: If Sherm gets zero targets on the season, do you think he gets cut? I mean, he's not really doing anything... :stirthepot:

nategreat

Reaction score
Shock2k":1uyytkmc said:
amill87":1uyytkmc said:

Sarcasm, my friend, sarcasm... :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Sherm wasn't the only one changing the offense, how many quick slants to Cobb were run or any receiver across the middle, they were still looking at Bronco film from the Super Bowl.