Why not us???

Rainger

Reaction score
OMG the phrase coined by Russell Wilson last year when he was interviewed and he talked about how his dad said to him " Russell why not you" and he changed to why not us has become the rallying cry for the NFL for all the teams.

Yet I have yet to hear that RW is getting any credit for it first coining the phrase. Like Johnny Football or should I say Johnny Cleveland, Russell should have trademarked the saying and he would be getting massive royalties.

Uthawk

Reaction score
At least he got his cameo at the end of the intro.

seabowl

Reaction score
To answer the question for all other teams.... because you ain't the Haeks.

Riley12

Reaction score
Uthawk":3p4oqofn said:
At least he got his cameo at the end of the intro.

That made it all worth it!

"Because you have to go through us! Go Hawks!"

w00t

Reaction score
I was thinking about making a topic about this also lol. Bunch of bs.

Next thing you know it the NFL is gonna have "We all we got, we all we need" or "Whose got your back? I gotcha back" commercials.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
w00t":3hsc4v2p said:
I was thinking about making a topic about this also lol. Bunch of bs.

Next thing you know it the NFL is gonna have "We all we got, we all we need" or "Whose got your back? I gotcha back" commercials.

Yea the other one is "whats next?"

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I actually thought it was a great tribute to RW and the Hawks. Every team wants to be us and every young QB wants to taste the success RW has. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
-The Glove-":37lioj0w said:
I actually thought it was a great tribute to RW and the Hawks. Every team wants to be us and every young QB wants to taste the success RW has. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all.
Yes but my point is that there is no recognition by the fans of the US or the NFL that this phrase was coined by RW. Now with it being main stream it will become a rallying cry of every team in football as if some how they created it.

If The Aggies can trademark the 12th man and extort money from others, RW should have been able to trademark that phrase and get royalties from the NFL and all other teams.

zhawk

Reaction score
rainger":1vbcaw9j said:
-The Glove-":1vbcaw9j said:
Yes but my point is that there is no recognition by the fans of the US or the NFL that this phrase was coined by RW. Now with it being main stream it will become a rallying cry of every team in football as if some how they created it.

If The Aggies can trademark the 12th man and extort money from others, RW should have been able to trademark that phrase and get royalties from the NFL and all other teams.

is it too late?

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
zhawk":2t3x8icv said:
rainger":2t3x8icv said:
-The Glove-":2t3x8icv said:

is it too late?

Nope he can go in and trademark it right now. Actually anyone can. They just need to make some evidence as to its use. Hey Manzell just trademarked Johnny Cleveland