Keeping Bates vs Walters - trade speculation

GoHawks

Reaction score
Art Thiel SportspressNW article - http://sportspressnw.com/2189231/2014/thiel-the-other-seahawks-packers-memory

"The Seahawks made a relatively unusual roster switch Monday, bringing back WR Bryan Walters to the 53-man squad and releasing fellow WR Michael Bates. No reason was given, other than getting different players for practice this week, but the speculation includes a potential trade for Bates that went away. If Bates clears waivers Tuesday, he likely will be retained on Seattle’s practice squad."

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to be THAT guy, but it was Phil Bates, not Michael Bates. Michael Bates is probably is 44 years old.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1xikqzgm said:
Yeah I'm going to be THAT guy, but it was Phil Bates, not Michael Bates. Michael Bates is probably is 44 years old.

Schneider's wizardry would know no limits if he had been able to trade a retired dude in his mid 40s for a pick.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I'm selling this one, Reali. There is no way they had a potential trade lined up for Phil Bates, who has zero trade value in the first place.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
If I had to guess, they want to keep both. Likely they felt that Bates would draw more interest as a cut down prospect over Walters. I half expect us to resign Bates and put him on the PS.

Largent80

Reaction score
Aren't there 3 threads on this already?

This is simply business. Squads are basically set, so it makes it easier to stash him on the P.S.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Now Bates is back too, which leads me to wonder if there isn't a trade brewing for another player or some unknown health issue looming for another player. 8 WRs is not sustainable.

Seafan

Reaction score
Bates is likely headed to the PS eventually. The Hawks will need to find another interior lineman.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There's not much of a market for Walters either. He was waived and no one bothered to pick him up. I think they are waiting on Norwood. If he can't go, they are going to IR him but they want to give it some time to decide on the direction.

Latest posts