Programming Alert! Extended Version of SBXLVIII on NFLN

A

Anonymous

FYI:

NFL Network is showing an extended version of SBXLVIII on Super Bowl Classics, right now.

If you can't get to the DVR, not to worry, for the next few days the Seahawks will be covered quite nicely, including several showings of everything you can imagine leading up to Thursday night.

Enjoy!

OrFan

Reaction score
I'm watching it right now. I didn't remember the National Anthem being quite so drawn out, and sounding like fingernails on a chalkboard.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Wished they would have shown the actual attack choppers and not just a snippet of a Chinook.

Some video of the entirety of the fly-over would have been cool to see.

OrFan

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3jqly4xm said:
Wished they would have shown the actual attack choppers and not just a snippet of a Chinook.

Hey, what is wrong with Chinooks? I spent 7 years as a flight engineer onboard those beauties.

I hope someone notified the Denver fans of this showing so that they could enjoy it also! :mrgreen:

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

OrFan":1o7t2ntw said:
HoustonHawk82":1o7t2ntw said:

Hey, what is wrong with Chinooks? I spent 7 years as a flight engineer onboard those beauties.

I hope someone notified the Denver fans of this showing so that they could enjoy it also! :mrgreen:

Nothing wrong with Chinooks, you just hear the players talking about the choppers they didn't end up showing. It's almost like the military didn't want them photographed.

The Radish

Reaction score
Thanks much. I have the original game on my hopper but wanted a different view. Wish I had gotten in sooner, just as Smith had the pick 6.

Ran it several days ahead and didn't see it again. Maybe someday.

:th2thumbs:

Cartire

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1o1p33q9 said:
OrFan":1o1p33q9 said:
HoustonHawk82":1o1p33q9 said:

Nothing wrong with Chinooks, you just hear the players talking about the choppers they didn't end up showing. It's almost like the military didn't want them photographed.

They were actually really hard to see with the night background anyway.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Cartire":2vshu396 said:
HoustonHawk82":2vshu396 said:
OrFan":2vshu396 said:
HoustonHawk82":2vshu396 said:

They were actually really hard to see with the night background anyway.

They had an Apache at one of the airshows here but it was cordoned-off with armed personnel guarding it and we never saw it take off. Those things are cool.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
What exactly is the "extended" version, if you don't mind me asking? Longer than the original airing? Does it include bonus material or something?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2tjqswf4 said:
What exactly is the "extended" version, if you don't mind me asking? Longer than the original airing? Does it include bonus material or something?

They show post game interviews from both teams describing key plays when they happen during the game. Alternative replay angles from NFL films. Things like that.

Largent80

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1slx84jy said:

Yes, James Cameron explains how.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Basis4day":38ydx7oq said:
Zebulon Dak":38ydx7oq said:

They show post game interviews from both teams describing key plays when they happen during the game. Alternative replay angles from NFL films. Things like that.

Thanks. That's awesome.

Anybody DVR it? I'll offer pleasurable services for a DL link.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Largent80":3bd1hvj6 said:
Zebulon Dak":3bd1hvj6 said:

Yes, James Cameron explains how.

:lol:

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

By "extended" I meant the complete game not the chopped-up replay showings they usually have on.

The whole enchilada; including anthem, half-time show, all the booth commentary, and a smidge of the trophy presentation. As I watched it, they did chop a tiny bit out, here and there, but basically the way it was originally telecast, minus the high-dollar commercials.

Jeez, you gotta REALLY watch what you say around here...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Basis4day":k9aqy71y said:

HoustonHawk82":k9aqy71y said:
By "extended" I meant the complete game not the chopped-up replay showings they usually have on.

The whole enchilada; including anthem, half-time show, all the booth commentary, and a smidge of the trophy presentation. As I watched it, they did chop a tiny bit out, here and there, but basically the way it was originally telecast, minus the high-dollar commercials.

Exactly why I asked hahaha. So which is it? ;)

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Zebulon Dak":1edhttdn said:
Basis4day":1edhttdn said:

HoustonHawk82":1edhttdn said:

Exactly why I asked hahaha. So which is it? ;)

I think Basis is referring to...

I don't know what basis is referring to.