Looking for Authentic Sleeveless Jersey and Authentic Helmet

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I am looking for an Authentic Jersey but the sleeveless version some of the players use on the field. I have not been able to find one.

600x415

I am also looking for an authentic Seahawks Helmet but with a custom Facemask and tinted visor. I really like the one Justin Tuck uses.

06-15-tuck-article.jpg

Anyone know where i can find either of these??

-Freshly

chris98251

Reaction score
I would guess the Pro Shop after the season, I think I read where some members went there and found game used jerseys for sale. The Helmet is a custom visor and grill, which they are now banning, they want to limit the grill, good luck, may get lucky on Ebay or someplace.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
chris98251":ba910ugd said:
I would guess the Pro Shop after the season, I think I read where some members went there and found game used jerseys for sale. The Helmet is a custom visor and grill, which they are now banning, they want to limit the grill, good luck, may get lucky on Ebay or someplace.

Im not looking for a game worn jersey, just a new one that is an actual authentic one without sleeves. For some reason they do not sell them normally. I have seen one on a Kapernick jersey on a mannequin at a 49ers team store in SF but obviously I want nothing to do with that one.

I was thinking about calling the company who makes the helmet (riddell I think) and trying to get the mask from them. Not sure how to get ahold of one. Hopefully I can find one. they look sick and would be perfect for my man cave

Lorsban

Reaction score
Game issue jerseys are a great item if you can find them

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For the helmet, simply order a custom one from Riddell which is the manufacturer of the official NFL helmets. Now granted, you have to find the authentic decals which may be a bitch by itself but you can at least select the helmet and face guard of your choice. It's a start. I did this years ago when I wanted the silver helmet with the new logo and it was sweet.

HHawk121

Reaction score
The team tailors the jersey for the player, not Nike. Game worn is the only way unless you have one tailored

Largent80

Reaction score
Yes, those jerseys are not sleeveless, but they have elastic in the ends to keep them from being grabbed.

Back in the day ( in the 70's), the L.A. Rams O-Line had the team guy tailor their jersey to keep the defense from grabbing it and that is why the new jerseys are that way, they were the front runners in that development.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
U really think they tailor a jersey with sleeves to make them "sleeveless" for players?? I highly doubt that. Majority of the players in the NFL seem to be using the sleeveless version and I highly doubt they are all custom jobs. The kapernick one I saw on a mannequin looked like it was factory produced. Nike probably makes them like that from the factory and I don't know why they don't sell them to the public as an elite version variant.

chris98251

Reaction score
They have tailors that alter Jerseys for players, players get them and get fitted to their liking, D lineman and O lineman especially want the jersey as tight across the shoulders and the sleeves tucked up as far as the league will allow to give little to nothing for anyone to grab, I have heard of spray on adhesive used used to basically glue the jersey to the pads as well. Pulling seams in and tucking sleeves to still show minimum jersey colors and numbers requires a tailor and each player wants it different I would assume.

They can also sew in a elastic band to shorten a sleeve yet allow it to stretch over the corner of a shoulder pad.

They are not called Tailors, usually a Assistant Equipment Manager.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I know they have tailors, "assistant equipment managers " or whatever u wanna call them that modify the jerseys to fit better but I don't see them sowing on elastic bands to the sleeves. I'm pretty sure nike does that from the factory and the equipment people fit other aspects of the jersey to the player . They all look the same, from all teams across the league.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Freshly, you're searching for something that just isn't there.

The jerseys are tailored by the equipment staff, as you've already been advised by Chris, Largent80 & HHawk121. Nike doesn't do the alterations. They provide the jerseys to the team, after which point individual players request individual alterations.

Look at Wilson's arm in the pic you posted in your OP. Towards the back of his left arm you can even see the bunching that occurs with the added elastic sewn in. This is done by the equipment staff. The added elastic - added by the equipment staff - looks the same across the League because there are rules about how uniforms can be worn that every team has to abide by.

So you have two options. You could buy a jersey and find a tailor to do your alterations (a good dry cleaners would perhaps offer the same service) or you could buy a game-worn jersey, complete with alterations done by the team at the player's request. And probably pay a few more bucks in the process.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I'm sorry I just don't believe they are altered to that degree in house. I just watched a documentary about LSUs equipment room and the manager said "these are brand new jerseys that just came from Nike" and they are sleeveless. Also all the pictures of and videos from Nike when they released the jerseys in 2012 show sleeveless ones for the teams. Why do you think those altercations are made by the team themselves? Did you read it somewhere? I'm not trying to argue I just think they are factory produced. Obviously I'm probably out of luck on that unless I go get mine hemmed by a tailor lol

uncle fester

Reaction score
Do you think Nike would ask for a roster list for each of the 32 teams in order to figure out which ones need the elastic sleeves?

Look at Earl Thomas's elasticated sleeves - higher up than Wilson's. So that's two variants between two players on one roster. Let's also assume that different body shapes would require different tailoring/lengths of elastic on the sleeves - a pretty safe assumption, given the size difference between Trindon Holliday and BJ Raji, for instance.

Now add in all those other players who don't make the final 53 roster. Let's call it 90 players per team. So that's 90 players with individual requests on how they want their sleeves tailored/adjusted/elasticised.

So that's 90 players on 32 teams. That's 2,880 individually tailored jerseys. Nike would need a specific list of all of the 2,880 individual shirts.

Then they would have to tailor 2,880 individual shirts and send them to 32 separate teams, knowing that 1,184 of them would go in the trash inside of four weeks from shipping.

OR... There's one equipment staff at each of the 32 teams that adds in elastic according to whichever player sticks his head round the door and says "Hey, I keep getting dragged down by the sleeve on gameday. Can you add in some elastic like you did for my teammate?"

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
ya i think Nike does get a roster for all 32 teams. Just like they have options for sizes for all 32 teams, they probably also have options for other things like jersey material (thickness of material, location of perforation and elastic locations). Players at different positions require different movement ability from their jerseys. For example, a QB will have different range of motion requirements than a kicker. I have seen different jersey types between different players who are on the same field. Marshawn Lynch usually wears a jersey that looks to be made of thin material, whereas russell wilson usually seems to wear a jersey that looks slightly thicker. Here is a picture of the NFL Nike Jersey Debut for the Vikings. The picture was taken by Nike and you can see that the jersey has cutoff sleeves that look pretty factory stock to me. You can also notice the alternate perforation design in this jersey.

vikings-nfl-nike-elite-51-uniform-back_original1.jpg

I do not know specifically about the "elastic band" but I do think that the cutoff sleeve design comes from the Nike factory like that. In the LSU video I watched, the game manager was showing all the jerseys that were new from the factory and some of them had the sleeveless design. He also said most of the players prefer that design but didn't say if he actually made them himself or not. He noted that for players who took abuse (like the running back) they would usually get a new jersey after each game, whereas a punter would have the same jersey the entire season. The jerseys that LSU uses are the pro combat Nike Jerseys which are the same as the NFL jerseys. I assume it is the same procedure.

Now the case might be that the jerseys come from the factory with cutoff sleeves and the equipment managers add elastic bands if the players want but I still believe they come from the factory sleeveless. I was reading some forums online and they were talking about a few different sleeve options for players to choose from. That was for college Nike jerseys but im sure the same policy applies.

Quote from Authentic Game Memorabilia Forum:

"From the 2010 season, quite a few Cowboys skill position players moved to different cut of jersey, where the cuffed arm holes are part of the jersey body (like a lineman-style) instead of the cuffed sleeves worn previously. The same is true with the Nike jerseys, where the skill position players seem to wear two different cuts. It is the game issued jerseys with the cuffed sleeves that I wear during games, as the newer lineman-style game jerseys look ridiculous when worn without pads. (See this year's Superbowl media day interviews for proof!)"

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Took everyone's advise and got my Jersey altered by a local dry cleaners. Turned out really well. I still don't believe that the teams alter each jersey before the games but it worked for me!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414206682271065
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414206698101492
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414206711223657