D-line & Run defense

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2odr4147 said:
I think D-line will be an issue this year especially the run defense. We are going to miss Big Red.

Anyone else concerned?
I would agree, or first unit defense got pushed around by Oaklands backups.

Tical21

Reaction score
Maybe against Gore and Stacy, but NFL teams don't run the ball anymore. Doesn't matter whether or not we can stop it.

jake206

Reaction score
Maybe. No pressure and getting run on by the Raiders, is a little disconcerting. However, its gotta be noted their turf was an abominable. No traction. Big red flag if this becomes a trend though.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am concerned and will not get any satisfaction if my concerns are validated. For now I'm just gonna stick my head in the sand and hope it's all OK.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2vaex5jh said:
SeahawksFanForever":2vaex5jh said:
I think D-line will be an issue this year especially the run defense. We are going to miss Big Red.

Anyone else concerned?

1st team minus Avril and Bennett. I also can't remember seeing McDaniel in there. We started out with Mebane, Hill, Williams, and I think Schofield. Marsh got some reps in there quickly as well.

We checked our depth hard core this game, and got them some reps. I don't know if we rested guys or they are dinged, but 3/4 of the starting DL didn't start.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawks46":1a0gzuvg said:
Blitzer88":1a0gzuvg said:
SeahawksFanForever":1a0gzuvg said:

Anyone else concerned?

1st team minus Avril and Bennett. I also can't remember seeing McDaniel in there. We started out with Mebane, Hill, Williams, and I think Schofield. Marsh got some reps in there quickly as well.

We checked our depth hard core this game, and got them some reps. I don't know if we rested guys or they are dinged, but 3/4 of the starting DL didn't start.

Exactly lets see no Mebane, no Avril no Bennett No McDaniel, no K Williams, 2 of our starting LBs played less than 1 series. Chill, if it happens with GB I will worry but not in preseason game 4 with most of our starting d-line not even playing, no game planning, no stunts, no nothing. I Mean even our 1st team offense was missing players, no Lynch, no Harvin, no Bladwin, Etc. This was more about staying healthy and letting our 3rd and 4th battle it out.

davidonmi

Reaction score
it isn't going to be as good as last season. But if your basis is 1 preseason game I think that's off base.
On paper it certainly doesn't look as strong. But what teams nowadays have truly great run defenses? SF? NE? can't think of many others

eastcoast12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":16av52yr said:
Concerned if Mebane isn't playing. He wasn't last night and this d-line isn't the same without him.

Agreed. Read a state we give up almost an extra yard when Bane isn't in (no link).

We'll know come next Thursday. Lacy is legit. Until then I will comfort myself knowing the majority of our starters rested.

Largent80

Reaction score
Bennett and McDaniel didn't even play. Wagners first game this pre season. Irvin still out. Last pre season game.

I will bet practices this week will be intense. This is a good thing folks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The run D became a problem last year, but got fixed with some attention to the run fits.

We have some lack of continuity on the interior right now. But, we haven't seen much for starting linebackers this preseason, and Kam hasn't been on the field,he is a big part of the run D.

I think we will see this problem dog us a couple of times this year, but like Tical said, the teams that will beat us with running are rare these days.

Largent80

Reaction score
Not only that, but I am thinking the offense will score more and teams will be playing pass to try and keep up.

seahawks08

Reaction score
We were not prepared for yesterdays game, but we made some adjustments. They played with a chip in their shoulder against SB champion.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I thought the effort was poor. This game really didn't matter and the 1st team defense played like they didn't care. Sherman was letting passes, that he normally defends well, be caught. I could tell they didn't want to be there and were going through the motions. I'm a bit concerned that the team is not as deep as I thought they were. Pretty disappointed in Gregg Scruggs' play this game. He had extended minutes and didn't play well. He also cost the team a key turnover, by committing a penalty, that could have changed the game early on (the Pierre-Louis int that was called back).

Latest posts