Terrelle Pryor or BJ Daniels??

Cartire

Reaction score
If anyone has proven they are a one read and run qb, its bj. Do not want.

And hes playing against the soon be cuts.

themunn

Reaction score
Cartire":n7ne1zpd said:

Soon be RAIDER cuts too
the lowest of the low

I'm not sold on either Daniels or Pryor as a backup, so there's no doubt Jackson has that spot locked up. Pryor seems to be coming on leaps and bounds in one offseason with us however. I'd like to keep him as a developmental player - his physical attributes are unmatched in the league among QBs, and if we can somehow turn him into a competent backup he'd be worth that year of investment

Rainger

Reaction score
BJ Please oh please Pete don't keep Prior. Please!!!! He is not what his athleticism might appear. BJ all the way if not he will be the 49ers back up day of cut.

Cartire

Reaction score
themunn":20xvfrpq said:
Cartire":20xvfrpq said:

Soon be RAIDER cuts too
the lowest of the low

I'm not sold on either Daniels or Pryor as a backup, so there's no doubt Jackson has that spot locked up. Pryor seems to be coming on leaps and bounds in one offseason with us however. I'd like to keep him as a developmental player - his physical attributes are unmatched in the league among QBs, and if we can somehow turn him into a competent backup he'd be worth that year of investment

Most teams got by with 3 QB's for years. Its only recently that PC and some other teams have gone to 2, with the hopes that free agents are avaiable in the rarest cases of 2 QB's dropping. I agree that its nice to have the extra spot thats not a QB. But the point remains that there is always someone on the 53 not contributing to active game day rosters. In this case, the same risk can be taken on Pryor in the hopes that he truly can be mentored by Russel, Tavaris, and The Coaching staff. And if he can pick up his skill, the upside is great.

A) We sign him to a fair backup deal next year, Tavaris is cut, with no dead space.
B) He plays well enough in next years preseason, or even takes some snaps in live play if god forbid something happened. And he rocks it. Trade value sky rockets on QB needy teams. Net value to us.
C)He sucks next year. Hes cut. We move on. Losing a 7th rounder. Pshhh

The first 2 options are worth the risk of the third.

McG

Reaction score
Neither, free up the spot for a legitimate NFL football player. Pryor would suck even in the CFL/Arena. BJ is just not accurate enough for the NFL, he would be a good CFL guy. If cutting both of them means keeping a guy like FB Small or an extra WR, then I'm all for it. Both of them haven't shown nearly enough to be a QB in the NFL, now if Pryor could play WR or TE...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pryor looks to have an IQ lower than some goldfish. At least on football IQ.

Also the goldfish would probably be more accurate passing.

I honestly believe that if a head coach died and went to Hell the worst punishment would be getting stuck with Pryor for all eternity.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Right now, I'd rather see Pryor on the field than TJack, in the event Russell is unavailable. I think Pryor gives us a better chance to win, especially if he keeps progressing. Pryor has shown growth week-to-week. Yes, last week's pick was incredibly lame, but you can see Pryor doing the work and getting the learning.

Daniels looks better than TJack too, but I don't really know how to interpret his game with the limited reps he's gotten, against the other team's 3rd stringers.

So Pryor over TJack, for sure.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to re-watch the game if I wanna torture myself to confirm how bad Pryor was. Somehow he put up some decent stats:

11/17 = 64%
134 yards
7.9 average
1 TD
1 Sack
108.5 Rating

Somehow that stat line seems much better than what I saw from him visually. After watching this game I think we should cut him and keep just 2 QB's I just don't think he will over reach his potential. He's like an even more error prone Kaepernick with an even worst arm and terrible consistency. I don't wanna see him on the field in any real games.

I was starting to see the reasoning why we might keep 3 QB's but after Pryor's last 2 games I think we should just get rid of this bum. Not sure how he put up that stat line when he looked like a high school level talent to me. Really don't wanna rewatch this game but I might have to so I can pay closer attention to Pryor's performance.

I lost my 100% focus for this game when our defensive starters looked like they collectively pooped their pants during their White House visit. What an ugly game.

Rainger

Reaction score
olyfan63":2zxkallt said:
Right now, I'd rather see Pryor on the field than TJack, in the event Russell is unavailable. I think Pryor gives us a better chance to win, especially if he keeps progressing. Pryor has shown growth week-to-week. Yes, last week's pick was incredibly lame, but you can see Pryor doing the work and getting the learning.

Daniels looks better than TJack too, but I don't really know how to interpret his game with the limited reps he's gotten, against the other team's 3rd stringers.

:pukeface: :thfight7:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Isn't Pryor a free agent after this season? Hasn't he said he wants to be a starting QB? Why would he stay here to play second string?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Tokadub":9o5wzfhz said:
I'm gonna have to re-watch the game if I wanna torture myself to confirm how bad Pryor was. Somehow he put up some decent stats:

11/17 = 64%
134 yards
7.9 average
1 TD
1 Sack
108.5 Rating

Somehow that stat line seems much better than what I saw from him visually. After watching this game I think we should cut him and keep just 2 QB's I just don't think he will over reach his potential. He's like an even more error prone Kaepernick with an even worst arm and terrible consistency. I don't wanna see him on the field in any real games.

I was starting to see the reasoning why we might keep 3 QB's but after Pryor's last 2 games I think we should just get rid of this bum. Not sure how he put up that stat line when he looked like a high school level talent to me. Really don't wanna rewatch this game but I might have to so I can pay closer attention to Pryor's performance.

I lost my 100% focus for this game when our defensive starters looked like they collectively pooped their pants during their White House visit. What an ugly game.
odd, that stat line was no surprise to me. I like BJ more and I didn't want Pryor or think much of him, but I have to admit that he's looked good on several occasions.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I agree with many, cut both. Neither are worthy of keeping. Neither are top 50 regardless of position, I'd rather have that extra spot so someone like Norwood makes the team, I think there more upside.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I hate losing talent at other positions, but I'd like to keep 3 QBs on the roster. Because of our defense, running game, and Harvin, we've got the team to stay competitive if Wilson gets hurt. A mobile QB like BJ or Pryor gives Carroll options to try a different approach if TJ's style of play can't compete against the best in the league.

With that said, I'd take Pryor. I think there's more to his game that will come with time and practice. The deep throw Walters on 3rd down (4th down?) was a thing of beauty. It was nice to see him adjusting his throw on that play after missing a deep throw earlier in the game.

IMO, I'm seeing progress. For a player with his talents and being new to this system, that's what I wanted to see. He's beginning to use his speed and scrambling ability to his advantage. Against Denver, the coaches wanted him to look down field more when outside of the pocket. He's showing he can do that. The pass to Helfet against the Chargers (dropped) and now tonight the two passes to Paul Richardson on the sideline (one drop) show me he's taking the coaches feedback and applying it to the game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2zj0e2kf said:

Couldn't have evaluated any better.
Jackson sucked bad in his first Season at times, like running out of bounds on a fourth down.
Pryor made a couple of really nice passes in this game, and even Brock made mention of one in particular, plus, Jackson didn't show me anything in this game, and he's got 30 times as much experience than Pryor does, playing with the Seahawks 1st Team Offense in front of him, and Marshawn Lynch to alleviate some of the pressures.
AND, I agree, BJ looks better than Jackson in the very brief times that I've gotten to see him play, one wonders just how far he could progress if he had the same advantages that Jackson had.
Some are calling Pryor a lousy passer, but, with the pressures that you get from opposing Defenses, when you are trying to dial it in with the piss poor protection of the 2nd string O-Line, can wreak havoc with your decision making, as well as a stymie to development of your fundamentals and your mechanics.