OB Schofield

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Man has OB looked like a man possessed this preseason. I mean Benson Mayowa has flashed in his own right but OB has put a strangle hold on the roster spot imo. I was listening to KJR this morning and Michael Bennett mentioned him as well. Could he be in line to replace Clemons snaps and what he brought last year???

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I bet he's playing with a lot of anger since the shafting he got by the giants .

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yep. He looks fantastic. He's turning into quite an edge rusher. Very quick off the ball.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
OBS has surprised me, I thought he was just camp fodder while Irvin is out but he could another diamond forged from the coal. He was also pretty solid last year but got buried beneath the depth. Again, he reminds me of 2010 Chris Clemons.

I think the Seahawks will absolutely keep Mayowa , if they feel Avril can't be extended. He's also a pet project, I also don't think, he has done as bad as many think, I just feel last year their were no expectations of him and their really were no key players available to compare him to.

Clemons and Avril did not play in the PreSeason.

Irvin was injured and learning SAM.

Seahawks had both Malcolm Smith and Mike Morgan taking LEO snaps but they're better LBers than pass-rushers.

OBS played as well but he was kind of learning on the fly at the time and I think he was still playing LB.

We also don't know what the coaches are asking Mayowa to do, he could be out their specifically trying to strengthen his biggest weaknesses, like Irvin back in 2012 where they forced him to work on his bull-rush. I could see the same for Mayowa, who is also still adjusting at playing 15-20 pounds heavier.

KK84

Reaction score
The VaGiants are really gonna wish they had honored the contract they offered him.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
KK84":nzaz278m said:
The VaGiants are really gonna wish they had honored the contract they offered him.

That's what I'm hoping too. What a shady deal that was. I hope it really comes back to bite them for the way they treated Schofield.