Should I go (to the black hole) ??

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Seahawks Fan going to school in the Bay Area and am contemplating going to the Seahawks Raiders Pre-season game in Oakland. I am a young 26 years old and am worried about going to the game in Oakland. I am a huge Hawks fan and don't take shit from other fans about my team. I have been to the Seahawks Niners game in SF for the past 3 years and usually get into a few fights with Niners fans taking shit. Even going to Mariners vs A's games there I get a mouthful from Oakland fans, but football is obviously a little more violent than baseball fandom.

Any thoughts? Should I go to the game, or watch it from the comfort of my dorm room couch?

korboko

Reaction score
You shouldn't be afraid of a fanbase of a team that still uses a baseball stadium for their home games.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Oakland fans have dealt with a decade of being terrible. We just won the superbowl. Can't let them get under your skin.

That being said I went to Raiders/Seahawks on halloween 2010 and definitely didn't get out of that statement without getting in a fight.

I'll be there too and I'm not too worried about it.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I went to the closing series between the As and Ms, maybe 2008, no one was at the game because both teams sucked. We were there with half As fans, half Ms fans. Wore a Seahawks sweatshirt since I don't rock Ms gear and really don't follow them very well. We were standing up in the top of the eighth, it was a low scoring game and I think Ichiro was up... Some jackass moves his entire family right behind our group (no one had been sitting there the entire game) and proceeds to threaten me "sit down or else" in front of his kids, I tell him he is a solid role model to his kids, and turn around. I stood the entire inning and at the end, stadium security pretty much kicked us out for "our safety".

F that place, I'm sure you will be fine, but I would never spend a dime in that s hole again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No football game is worth enduring violence. Just seems so silly to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
When you go someplace looking for a fight you can usually find one.

Going someplace that others are looking for a fight and your an easy target they will usually find you.

tooshort

Reaction score
I usually give bad public safety advice since I'm used to my "nasty rocker/biker look" and 6'2" 270lb frame quelling any bad intentions before they go anywhere.

That said, while my experiences in Oakland lead me to believe that you are 99.99999% safe in most of that stadium, the pissers are kind of the pg-13 version of prison showers (if you catch the wrong crowd while in the wrong gear.)

Stay Safe,play the chick card,go in groups.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
tooshort":3e8thhoo said:
I usually give bad public safety advice since I'm used to my "nasty rocker/biker look" and 6'2" 270lb frame quelling any bad intentions before they go anywhere.

That said, while my experiences in Oakland lead me to believe that you are 99.99999% safe in most of that stadium, the pissers are kind of the pg-13 version of prison showers (if you catch the wrong crowd while in the wrong gear.)

Haha whats the chick card? sounds like a card I dont want to play

Tical21

Reaction score
If you're planning on going there looking for and fighting "for the cause" do all of us a favor and don't wear any Seahawks gear.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I'll be there. Got some tickets near the visitors sideline for real cheap.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
hoxrox":si338j17 said:
I'll be there. Got some tickets near the visitors sideline for real cheap.

How much were the seats?

-Im obviously not going looking for a fight, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this question. Maybe in prior years I would have been looking for a fight but not anymore. I just want to go to support my team and enjoy my night with my girlfriend. I usually go to the niners Seahawks game with all my niners friends so I have support but I would be going to this game solo w my GF.

tooshort

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":nk939io4 said:
tooshort":nk939io4 said:

Haha whats the chick card? sounds like a card I dont want to play

That's the intelligent but unmanly "hey buddy let's go take a piss" card that keeps you from being mistaken for an open urinal and allows your spotter to kick a drunken dumbass in his throat before he "makes it rain on Seattle" :141847_bnono:

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I lived in Silicon Valley for 16 years up until 2002 and never once attended a Seahawks/Raiders game at the Coliseum, yet I went to every Seahawks/San Fran game at the Stick I could during that time.... that should tell you something. Went to a ton of A's games there and never saw a problem that I can remember, different crowd all together.

Hawks46

Reaction score
When I was younger I would've gone in a second. No way I'm letting a group of dbags determine when and where I can root for my team.

Now I have kids, and it's not worth it. If you're hanging out with your girlfriend, and it's just you two, ask yourself this question:

Even if you don't get in a fight, is it worth taking the obvious verbal harassment while you are with her ? Will that do anything to kill the enjoyment of your night ?

Then again, most chicks I've ever dated like to see their man kicked the crap out of someone else once in a while. Not all the time, and not going out of your way to start it, but most of them get their juices flowing if they see their man taking care of business. It also helps the respect level a bit.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wouldnt miss a chance to watch the Seahawks if I lived elsewhere. Just go and if you're worried about safety then don't come in decked out in Seahawks gear and just enjoy the game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I tell most of the folks that ask similar questions the same thing.
The simple fact that you are asking, shows you have reason for concern.
IMHO you are going with one of the worst things already not in your favor, that being alone with your girlfriend. Similar to me and my 22 y/o daughter, in that what you may be willing to overlook being done to you, will you be willing to overlook something being done or said to her?
I'm protective of others by nature, and will take much more being done to me than I will allow being done to others, especially somebody I care about.
You know yourself better than we do, by far.
I would go to that game alone long before I would go with my wife and or daughter. Because I know myself.