Big opportunity tonight for ________ to turn in a big game.

Jville

Reaction score
The heat is on linebacker Korey Toomer. He's has the most pressure in my opinion.

This is Korey's 3rd attempt (year) to seize an opportunity to make this team. Given that he missed the first two pre-season games, I would think he is out of time. it's now or never. He absolutely must answer the bell in this game tonight.

I'm sure there are others .net members will be focusing on ______________ Nominations anyone.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Justin Britt, he's going to have a full complement of starters on the O-Line... he needs to continue to progress and show consistency.

I still think JS/PC signing Eric Winston is paying dividends in that Britt himself has a veteran with 119 starts of experience to fall back on in support if needed. You couldn't say the same for Michael Bowie, a 22 year old with 7 starts at RT.

I think Britt's rookie year will be similar to Giacomini's 2012 performance. Basically I feel Britt is already as good or close to as good as Giacomini in 2012.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mayowa HAS to have a big game if he wants to make this team. Period.

There is not enough roster spots on the D-Line for him and Schoefield, and Schoefiled had his best game as a Hawk last week, so Mayowa has to answer the bell this week.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jeremy Lane. I want to see him take the next step at nickel. He's a speed demon and most likely the on of the 5 fastest guys on the team, and if he can get that spot down, he'll strengthen an already elite Legion of Boom.

How many guys on this team have better than 4.4 speed?

Jeremy Lane?
Percy Harvin?
Paul Richardson? That's the other guy I want to see have a big game. How cool would it be to have our own version of DeSean Jackson?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I am mostly interested in our defense tonight. We will still be without Wagner and Irvin but it sounds like the rest of the defensive side is ready to go and it should be a good match up.

I'm especially interested in our defensive line play, as the Bears offensive line played really well last year in an under the radar sort of way. They were starting two free agents on the left side and two rookies on the right side, but all five of them managed to stay healthy for the entire season and managed to play all sixteen games together. That consistency paid off for them as they allowed the fourth fewest sacks and Forte had a great season. It looks like the five of them will all be healthy for the opener and continue to build chemistry, and Bears fans expect their second-highest scoring offense last year to be just as good or better as a result.

It will also be great to watch Sherm and Maxwell against Jeffery and Marshall.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ivotuk":1x7k1c08 said:
Paul Richardson? That's the other guy I want to see have a big game. How cool would it be to have our own version of DeSean Jackson?
My sense is Pete and Darrel are (somewhat) saving Paul for the regular season.

Melencause

Reaction score
Byron Maxwell and Tharold Simon.

Byron is going to be tested ALOT this season and Simon "might" give him a run for his money.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Loaded question. Question is who needs to have a big game or who I want to have a big game. I break it down like this
Need:
A.J. Jefferson
Toomer
Mayowa
Coyle
Farwell

Lesser Need:
Hill
Coleman

Want to see:
PRich
CMike
Simon
Britt
Okung

No injuries.

chris98251

Reaction score
Coyle's motor and what he has shown I think he has already secured a spot, Jefferson is coming off another ankle sprain so he has to play well to hope to supplement our secondary, Lane, and Simon are both guys that have shown they can play and better to take a chance on a guy you have nursed off season and has shown some big play ability already then a vet that has bounced. Toomer has to play well and get out of the game healthy, year three and he has not been a help, it's make or break, even at looking good between Smith, Toomer and Coyle we could move one for a desperate team with a good showing. We have a crowd there, Farwell is too old to move and play for another team I think, he contributes goal line and Special teams. If we are looking for a return I think it would be with the three I mentioned earlier. Kevin Pierre Louis is another guy that needs to show something in this crowded LB group.

WR is a battle for 5 and 6, Kearse will play and needs to hold off Lockette and Bates I would have liked them to take a look at Kevin Smith as Punt returner as well, I think he has the body for it at 5'11" 214. Although he may be languishing to slip to the PS, Walters is a no go from what I heard is why I mentioned him.

The FB group of Coleman, Small and Ware is also a important competition, Small has been blowing it up, this is a chance to play with Lynch and see the difference in how the RB's react to who is blocking, if Beastmode goes off I want to know who he was running behind. Same with Turbin and Michael.

The most important aspect of the game though is going to be does Ryan get any game time practice in, he has not been tested much and more importantly his blockers have not had to execute blocking assignments, I don't want Maragos blow thru whiffs when things get real during the season due to lack of exposure.

seabowl

Reaction score
Jeffcoat. I heard that he was a great signing after the draft but have not heard much from him. Maybe PS material but I expected more.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Jordan Hill is really overmatched at this level.....I don't see him making the roster, unless he absolutely blows people up tonight.....nice back up player on most NFL rosters, but doesn't have the strength needed to play at this level of our defense. Wish Jimmy Staten was healthy enough right now to end this discussion of having depth inside, it's clear that Hill and Jesse Williams will be the rare misses by JS when it comes to defensive drafting.

On offense, it's really not just Britt, but looking to see Bailey get some work to see is he can perform for extended minutes as well.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
The entire offense in general. We know about the defense, but we get Okung back. Everyone has something to prove, well, except Wilson of course.