NFL Network Bears Game

PAHawks

Reaction score
To all of the out of town Seahawk fans - I noticed that the game isn't televised until 11:00pm (EST) even though the game starts at 10:00pm (EST). Does anyone know if they will be playing it from the start or picking up 'in action'. Last week the NFL Network broadcast picked up 'in action' and so we missed the entire 1st quarter.

If this is the case - has anyone used the NFL.com Preseason Live yet? It is only $14.00. I use mlb.tv for the Mariners games and the quality is great hopefully the same goes for Preseason LIve.

Largent80

Reaction score
Last week they blacked it out on my local area. However, it was on a local channel because of the Chargers being in SoCal. Not sure about this week.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
After they pre-empted the Hawks-Broncs game in the first week for the Niners-Ravens and tape delayed us until after the Cowboys game, I wouldn't put anything past the NFL network. I am betting that we join "in progress."

I used preseason live for the Denver game. I was dropped multiple times so I was only able to watch a total of about 10 intermittent, broken minutes of game time for the 2.5 quarters that I tried to watch. The stream quality was ok, but they removed the ability to mirror the stream through my Apple TV to the big screen. This was an option last year, but not this year. I complained, but they never responded. It is possible that they have improved their ability to deliver in the intervening weeks, but I doubt it. If I wasn't using their site to replay games, I probably would have insisted on getting my money back.

If you do decide to go for it, try this promo code.

How to get $5 off NFL Preseason Live

It worked for me, dropping the price from 20-15, but it may have expired by now.

Good luck

- bsd

Basis4day

Reaction score
Preseason live works great. There was a hiccup week 1 where the stream died for 5 mins in the first half. No problems after and no problems week 2. Just make sure that the game isn't being broadcast nationally or locally live because you can't stream those games. I don't believe the "joined in progress" games count for this purpose. I didn't lose my stream last week when the San Diego Seahawks game came on NFL network.

The only real drawback is the audio if you don't happen to get the local announcers. Week 1 they let you choose your source, but last week they streamed the SD broadcast.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I bought it last year and this year and the quality was pretty good, but for whatever reason, Seahawks games are blacked out in Fairbanks, Alaska. That means DirectTV NFLN broadcast and NFL Preseason LIve. Why is beyond me.

They claim it's some contract issue but the local stations don't show the game so I don't know how it could be an issue. Maybe they take that "South Alaska" crap literally.

Just an FYI, I also have the All-22 and if you like to rewatch the games, breaking down plays and player performance, it's worth the money too. I found it to be good quality and of course it's available whenever you want it.

Does anyone know of any legitimate alternatives, besides finding some (illegitimate) European stream, for watching Seahawks Preseason games? I have a feeling I'm going to be breaking stuff tomorrow night when I attempt to watch the game on NFLN.

nepahawk

Reaction score
They will join the game in progress.
What I did last week, was watch it live, joined in progress, then watched the replay the next day to catch what I missed.

NFL network is replaying the game Monday @ 1:00 EST and then again Thursday @ 8:00 EST

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just a few quick hits from this thread.

The NFL network never had the first pre season game scheduled to be live. They can't show every game live, but they do show as much as they can live and then show every game on tape delay so people have a chance to watch.

Our other 3 games are all "live' on the nfl network unless you live in an area that gets the game on a local affiliate, in which case, the live games on NFL Network will always be blacked out in favor of the affiliate.

Since other games are also scheduled on those days, they often join games "in progress" when the previous game ends, so don't be surprised if you miss the early portion of the game. The good news is that our starters should mostly get time into the 3rd quarter this week.

Largent80

Reaction score
The bad part is if you set your DVR to record there is a chance that when you go to watch it, it isn't there. Hell I can throw a rock and hit the NFL network and NFL.com from my balcony. Maybe I outta start lobbin shots over there.... :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2q3v0byn said:
The bad part is if you set your DVR to record there is a chance that when you go to watch it, it isn't there. Hell I can throw a rock and hit the NFL network and NFL.com from my balcony. Maybe I outta start lobbin shots over there.... :lol:

That is one reason why I set the DVR for the live version and the replay version(s). Too many chances for something to not record or get pre-empted.

chevelle03

Reaction score
It's not listed as Live on their website so I would imagine they would start it from the beginning on delay. However, it's only listed as a 2 hour time slot, so unless they edit out a lot of the breaks we won't be getting all the action via NFL Network that night.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chevelle03":1ml8gl06 said:
It's not listed as Live on their website so I would imagine they would start it from the beginning on delay. However, it's only listed as a 2 hour time slot, so unless they edit out a lot of the breaks we won't be getting all the action via NFL Network that night.

I read before the season that all our pre season games (except Denver) would be live on NFL network, albeit, they may be joined in progress, so I assume it's going to be joined in progress for this particular game.

For those who want to catch the whole game, and don't want to get the preseason live streaming, I looked ahead in the schedule and the complete replay of the Seahawks/Bears game will be aired on the NFL Network on August 25 at 1pm ET.

bryantology79

Reaction score
nfln has been screwing us on our preseason games. last week they skipped the drive with turbo's 40 something yard run and cmike's fumble.

just looked at the guide for tomorrow and our game follows 4 hours of total access and nfl gameday leaving us with a 2 hour slot before what is most likely the full panthers/pats game. we dont get a replay til monday!?

A

Anonymous

I'd like to take a moment and thank all of our .NET users for not including any links to "non-sanctioned" streams within your posts. Great job! :mrgreen:

We really appreciate all of you sharing those links in a more Private Manner than the forums.

You guys are so awesome.

:th2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
bryantology79":2e4j1qfw said:
nfln has been screwing us on our preseason games. last week they skipped the drive with turbo's 40 something yard run and cmike's fumble.

just looked at the guide for tomorrow and our game follows 4 hours of total access and nfl gameday leaving us with a 2 hour slot before what is most likely the full panthers/pats game. we dont get a replay til monday!?

I just love it how quickly Seahawks fans pull out the bias card on everything.

We have more live pre season action on the NFL Network than just about any other team, but we're being "Screwed". If it's THAT important to watch the game fully while it's live they do have the pre season pass. It's not that much money. If it's too much money, then it's not THAT important. Replays are free. Every minute of every live game isn't going to be aired nationally. It's just not feasible.

Heck, we are getting a lot more live national coverage in preseason than we generally get in most regular seasons. :lol:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Preseason live sucked a big one for week one. Many of us had trouble even logging in.
Last week it worked as advertising said it would. For me any way.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I have preseason live and it has worked great thus far outside of taking 10 minutes to log in for the Denver game.

Game 2, I watched from kickoff on PS live while the in progress game was still going. Once they switched feeds, I shut down PS live and those "fantastic" SD announcing crew. Worked pretty seemless outside of those plays that occurred during the commercial break, but that was some BS anyway.

Largent80

Reaction score
On a slightly different off topic remark. Game rewind is worth the money for people that don't have Sunday Ticket. Mine included all 22 which is pretty cool for $40.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY .

I tried purchasing preseason live a few weeks ago and I was charged 20$ but was never able to successfully stream any games. ANY. they refuse to help me out or give me a refund.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":2k3pbgra said:
On a slightly different off topic remark. Game rewind is worth the money for people that don't have Sunday Ticket. Mine included all 22 which is pretty cool for $40.

Absolutely.