Who will be the "surprise" cut this year?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Almost every year there's one or two shockers on the cut list that are pretty surprising. Who will it be this year?

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Cutting Irvin would only save $7,683 in cap space, and he was learning a new position last year. He's not going anywhere.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cartire":24162n82 said:
Basis4day":24162n82 said:
Tical21":24162n82 said:
Bruce Irvin

That one would be shocking.

And completely illogical.

I dont think Ill be surprised by any of the incoming cuts.

I give it to Tical for actually naming a surprising player. By no means do i think it will happen.

How would cutting Lockette, Mayowa, or Morgan be shocking? We've already cut Lockette before and he's clearly on the bubble for WR since we're only going to keep 5-6. Mayowa is a second year UDFA who barely played last year and Morgan a backup linebacker with a year left on his contract.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jon Ryan

Pete Carroll then announces we wont need a punter, because we will never punt in 2014.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Farwell wouldn't be a "surprise," there's hardly a person in the world left who thinks he will (or deserves to) make this team.

Of all the names listed thus far, the only one I agree with is Benson Mayowa. I could easily see him not making the final 53 and I think that would certainly surprise a lot of people if it happened. I think that could hinge on whether or not Bruce Irvin is activated off of the PUP list before the start of the season. If he's not, I could see the Hawks keeping Mayowa for the first 6 weeks to have an extra 3rd down edge rusher at their disposal. If Irvin is activated, I just don't see there being enough room at the Inn to keep a 3rd LEO behind Avril and Schofield (who is a lock now IMO).

My long-shot "surprises" would be Tavaris Jackson (traded), Jordan Hill and Greg Scruggs, though I expect all three to stay put (as of right now).

Largent80

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3lbsd9ze said:
Farwell wouldn't be a "surprise," there's hardly a person in the world left who thinks he will (or deserves to) make this team.

I must be the One, and my name is Neo.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Greg Scruggs. I just have a feeling on this one. Especially since Tony McDaniel is playing more 5-tech, Kevin Williams was added, Bennett is there. There's a lot of good players on the DL, someone has to go.

Sac

Reaction score
hawkfan68":19w051kq said:
Greg Scruggs. I just have a feeling on this one. Especially since Tony McDaniel is playing more 5-tech, Kevin Williams was added, Bennett is there. There's a lot of good players on the DL, someone has to go.
INCORRECT