Goodbye 12th Man

metwelve

Reaction score
Seahawks.net voice of the Twelves??? Is that what the FO wants us to say?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Been going the way of "the 12s" for a while now. Which is fine by me. Let A&M have their thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
They can call us the 12's in marketing etc, we all know were the 12th man and A&M can't do squat.

As far as the OP, yeah first post and your asking what to call the fans, you need to stay after school and get caught up on your homework.

Cartire

Reaction score
ooohh, troll or not, I want to partake.

A&M didnt start the 12th Man either. They were just the first to trademark it. If anything, that should an embarrassment in itself. Its like you stole something, and then tried to legally call it yours so you could cry if others used it. Wait, thats exactly what it is.

Besides the fact that the Univeristy of Minnesota and Iowa were the first American football teams to use it, and european football (soccer) clubs have been using it forever, Seattle was using it before the trademark was even set in place.

Trademarking something should only be allowed if you are the original creator. End of story. Taking someone elses stuff, making a profit off of it, and actively hindering anyone else from doing the same, is massive failure in our system.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2lk9pakp said:
ooohh, troll or not, I want to partake.

A&M didnt start the 12th Man either. They were just the first to trademark it. If anything, that should an embarrassment in itself. Its like you stole something, and then tried to legally call it yours so you could cry if others used it. Wait, thats exactly what it is.

Besides the fact that the Univeristy of Minnesota and Iowa were the first American football teams to use it, and european football (soccer) clubs have been using it forever, Seattle was using it before the trademark was even set in place.

Trademarking something should only be allowed if you are the original creator. End of story. Taking someone elses stuff, making a profit off of it, and actively hindering anyone else from doing the same, is massive failure in our system.
:13:

OP
OP
metwelve

metwelve

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think PA paid A&M $200K to use 12th Man for an allotted time frame. It is now time to re-up but A&M is now asking some ridicules amount.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
metwelve":1ri7gjph said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think PA paid A&M $200K to use 12th Man for an allotted time frame. It is now time to re-up but A&M is now asking some ridicules amount.

PA should just buy Texas A&M.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
The first recorded use of the term "twelfth man" was a magazine published by the University of Minnesota in September, 1900, that referred to "the mysterious influence of the twelfth man on the team, the rooter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12th_man_(football)

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN FRIGGIN' YEARS AGO?

(rollseyes)

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I call BS.

The stadium, in the normal location, has the same thing it's had for years.

HOME OF THE 12TH MAN

This is southwest corner, above the 100 level.

It's a huge sign, has been there for years, and if there was any plan to phase this phrase out, it would be gone by now.

It was there Friday vs the Chargers.

They changed out the video boards in the corners of the stadium and made a bunch of other minor tweaks, I guarantee that if they were going to try to switch to 12s or whatever other thing, this season, that it would have happened already.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
gowazzu02":pfpf4zqj said:
Been going the way of "the 12s" for a while now. Which is fine by me. Let A&M have their thing.
Amen to this! I like 12s better anyway.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
12th man, a 12, 12s. Does it matter?

The team knows who we are, and 12s is just short for the 12th man while giving credit to us all.

Nothing to see here.