inFamous (video game) 12th-man tie in

Hawknballs

Reaction score
this was probably posted here back when it was news but i just got a ps4 and the game inFamous lets you unlock costumes, just unlocked the 12th man jacket. The game takes place in a fictional version of Seattle since the company is based here.

ABvslq5

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
That's the first game I am getting when I finally pick up a PS4.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I played the game. It's OK. Not much too it but running around Seattle is fun.

The game itself could have been much better.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't own a PS4, but for whatever reason the idea of running around a fictional Seattle sounds really fun.

How well did they get all the districts down in regards to accuracy and even correct location. i.e. Can you run down 1st and go from Stadiums through Pioneer Square, end up at Pike Place through Belltown and eventually be a few blocks from the Needle?

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's not really a 1 for 1 representation of Seattle simply because the size of game to the real world doesn't work for game purposes. and just your general city streets map isn't very fun for game play either. So in that regard it's not a total re-creation of seattle. I don't think the stadiums are in it; mainly because of trademark issues. Centurylink is an exclusive right of EA sports to re-create for the madden games.

The map is basically a faux seattle divided up into districts that do represent various aspects of seattle (Seattle Center, belltown, pioneer square, etc) and there are landmarks you'd recognize around the town (elephant car wash and the pink toe truck come to mind).

That being said it is pretty cool to cruise up to the top of the space needle.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cool,,,,

Side note. LOL at this being a cool topic in this forum and my "around the nfc west" appears to have been deleted! Cause keeping an eye on our division competitors isn't welcome here but a picture of a video game is free game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":p1e6gvl9 said:
Cool,,,,

Side note. LOL at this being a cool topic in this forum and my "around the nfc west" appears to have been deleted! Cause keeping an eye on our division competitors isn't welcome here but a picture of a video game is free game.

You weren't deleted. The main forum is for Seahawks related news and information. Other NFL teams (including division opponents) is all welcomed in the NFL Forum. You can find your post there

Here's the link to your post in that forum

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94977

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1tna7xnh said:
It's not really a 1 for 1 representation of Seattle simply because the size of game to the real world doesn't work for game purposes. and just your general city streets map isn't very fun for game play either. So in that regard it's not a total re-creation of seattle. I don't think the stadiums are in it; mainly because of trademark issues. Centurylink is an exclusive right of EA sports to re-create for the madden games.

The map is basically a faux seattle divided up into districts that do represent various aspects of seattle (Seattle Center, belltown, pioneer square, etc) and there are landmarks you'd recognize around the town (elephant car wash and the pink toe truck come to mind).

That being said it is pretty cool to cruise up to the top of the space needle.

A lot of city architecture requires licensing fees to use, which makes 1:1 city repro in video games very difficult to do unless money isn't an issue. In movies and TV it's not a problem because you can shoot scenes in such ways to get around that kind of thing but in an open-world 3D game it's hard to cheat it, so you settle for whatever the design artists can put in there without upsetting some architect's delicate intellectual property sensibilities.

The developer is a fairly small indie team out of Bellevue, but Sony picked them up exclusively a few years ago.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The game is good, though you should just go into the game knowing that they mashed a bunch of Seattle neighborhoods together in no particular layout and put in random landmarks (Sonic Boom Records, the Stranger) and some landmarks that allude to places in Seattle (Olaf's = Ivar's, there's a donut shop that has a sign like the Top Pot in lower Capitol Hill).

I sometimes just put the game on and move around the city. Moving with your powers is fun, especially when you get good enough to stay in the air for long periods of time.

My good guy playthrough always rocks the 12th Fan jacket.

Anyway, Sucker Punch did a good job with this game. I hope the next one is set in faux-Seattle too.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1jp22fch said:
The game is good, though you should just go into the game knowing that they mashed a bunch of Seattle neighborhoods together in no particular layout and put in random landmarks (Sonic Boom Records, the Stranger) and some landmarks that allude to places in Seattle (Olaf's = Ivar's, there's a donut shop that has a sign like the Top Pot in lower Capitol Hill).

I sometimes just put the game on and move around the city. Moving with your powers is fun, especially when you get good enough to stay in the air for long periods of time.

My good guy playthrough always rocks the 12th Fan jacket.

Anyway, Sucker Punch did a good job with this game. I hope the next one is set in faux-Seattle too.
I thought it needed a little more. The game became very repetitive and predictable way to quickly for my taste. Fun to run around like you said but even doing that loses its appeal pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like the game but I liked the series since the start before it was Seattle based. A dude I know was the art director so I knew that part would be good.