Lack of energy,,,,

The Radish

Reaction score
This has been mentioned several times with comments both for and against.

Bullshit!!

The difference between us winning and losing last year was our attitude and desire, but mostly our energy. It was not visable last night at all. A very boring game.

We looked like a team that had won the SuperB owl and were now just going through the motions. Much like many other teams that win one in a row.

The new guys didn't look like players trying to make it to a championship team, they looked mostly like scrubs.

Win or lose give me that energy, that desire. Then I'll be happy. Stagger around like a bunch of drunken sailors (sorry Sailor), doesn't cut it with me. Get out there, play our game.

And Pryor,,, I've already mentioned in another string my feelings about him and his run right every time and be surprised every time.

:les:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This couldn't have gone in one of the other threads?

By the way, no kidding? The Broncos have been hyping themselves up for a preseason game since February. They thought it meant something whereas Seattle was working on techniques and evaluation. Of course Seattle looked like they had less energy. They didn't need it given that Denver had to work on the most of the 2nd string defense to manager 7 points, whereas Seattle's offense took out their first string D without Marshawn Lynch. (And on a bad field where too much effort was going to be an ACL tear.)

This is bad for Denver. They just don't realize it, yet.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Disagree. To me the issue wasn't energy at all, notice all the skirmishes. They looked amped up just fine. To me the issue was poor and unsure execution by a ton of guys who aren't going to make the team anyway.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the first pre-season game is almost always sloppy, both sides. It's August 8th, plenty of time to get it rollin, and they will.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I mean, we were missing a ton of starters, Denver was trying to win, we had a bunch of guys on the fringe of 75-man cuts out there running around confused, and we were on the road, and we still should have at least forced Denver to kick a FG to have a chance to win if our fifth-string RB or third-string QB, neither of whom will make this team, could a) catch a pass or b) just run straight forward instead of hesitating on the sidelines.

No worries about energy here.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'd still bet Seattle to win big if the starters for both teams played the entire game and the game actually meant something. The donkos did have to work REALLY HARD to score on Seattle's backups.

Largent80

Reaction score
checkdanews":yvzhpagl said:
God, I didn't expect stupid threads like this for atleast a couple weeks.....

What one person viewed and got out of it isn't always the same as what YOU think. This is a guy that has lived, breathed, and been part of the Hawks since they were born.

As Mike Mayock would say.....Get Off Him !!!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3q3tpo8z said:

By the way, no kidding? The Broncos have been hyping themselves up for a preseason game since February. They thought it meant something whereas Seattle was working on techniques and evaluation. Of course Seattle looked like they had less energy. They didn't need it given that Denver had to work on the most of the 2nd string defense to manager 7 points, whereas Seattle's offense took out their first string D without Marshawn Lynch. (And on a bad field where too much effort was going to be an ACL tear.)

And also, while the starters were in we won. Even without Lynch and only one ol starter.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Last year Seattle looked very sloppy in many of their preseason games too.

I think all the damn penalties thrown had a lot to do with the execution on both sides. Having a flag thrown on almost every other play could be quite the buzzkill.

ZLDRider

Reaction score
Lack of energy was probably due to lack of oxygen.

I used to live there. It really makes a difference.

It took me a year to get climatized and build up my lungs.

Z

xCalibur

Reaction score
Everyone has a right to their opinion. But as was said, it is only the pre-season. Yes we looked bad, and yes there did seem to be a lack of energy and boom. But it was one pre-season game that doesn't count. This lose could turn out to be just what the Dr ordered. They lost and hate to lose. This may make them work harder going forward. Also, there is a reason why no teams has gone back to back in years. It could be once they get that first one they just don't want it that bad anymore and so you don't get that 110% effort they gave us last year. I don't think that is the case, it was thier first road game and while the 1st quarter was totally unimpressive, it was only one quarter. I ignore the rest as it involved a lot of rookies from last yr as well as this yr.
I was impressed by Marsh and Richardson and Morgan and a few others. I felt the DL played extremely poor the whole game, no pressure at all. The OL didn't do much better and Turbin looks like he took a step backwards as a player. He had openings that Lynch would have taken, but ran east and west way to often. I don't see him ever becoming a starting RB in this league, and while CM played well, there was a lot to be desired in his game as well. Thank god we got Lynch back in camp.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2bwbv1wb said:

Which thread would you suggest?

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
The Radish":36kzbmjq said:
And Pryor,,, I've already mentioned in another string my feelings about him and his run right every time and be surprised every time.

I saw that and last night was the first time I have ever watched him.

hawk45

Reaction score
I liked what I saw energy-wise from Russ, ET, CMike.

Felt like on the OL they were overmatched and thinking too much, which made sense to me.

Maxwell also seemed like he was thinking a lot about the new rules, and that made sense to me also and seems like something that will tighten up as he figures out how to resume aggressive play within the rules.

Guess I just felt like with very vanilla schemes and sets it met my expectations. Have to agree with OP that the Denver depth played with a greater sense of urgency, but Pete has been so, so consistent having the team ready to play in every game that I'm not concerned.

So agree with the OP and also pretty confident that Pete won't let it become a trend.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ghzkhhx said:
Sarlacc83":1ghzkhhx said:

Which thread would you suggest?

Either of the impressions threads where this point was made and discussed. Especially since the Radish is addressing somebody.

suppaball

Reaction score
xCalibur":7ibsxywt said:
Everyone has a right to their opinion. But as was said, it is only the pre-season. Yes we looked bad, and yes there did seem to be a lack of energy and boom. But it was one pre-season game that doesn't count. This lose could turn out to be just what the Dr ordered. They lost and hate to lose. This may make them work harder going forward. Also, there is a reason why no teams has gone back to back in years. It could be once they get that first one they just don't want it that bad anymore and so you don't get that 110% effort they gave us last year. I don't think that is the case, it was thier first road game and while the 1st quarter was totally unimpressive, it was only one quarter. I ignore the rest as it involved a lot of rookies from last yr as well as this yr.
I was impressed by Marsh and Richardson and Morgan and a few others. I felt the DL played extremely poor the whole game, no pressure at all. The OL didn't do much better and Turbin looks like he took a step backwards as a player. He had openings that Lynch would have taken, but ran east and west way to often. I don't see him ever becoming a starting RB in this league, and while CM played well, there was a lot to be desired in his game as well. Thank god we got Lynch back in camp.
Paragraphs are your friend.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It wasn't lack of energy, Pith. Just a bunch of youngsters over thinking things.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ZLDRider":zi6d1tzz said:
Lack of energy was probably due to lack of oxygen.

I used to live there. It really makes a difference.

It took me a year to get climatized and build up my lungs.

Z
:13:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":nx18jeoi said:
This has been mentioned several times with comments both for and against.

Bullshit!!

The difference between us winning and losing last year was our attitude and desire, but mostly our energy. It was not visable last night at all. A very boring game.

We looked like a team that had won the SuperB owl and were now just going through the motions. Much like many other teams that win one in a row.

The new guys didn't look like players trying to make it to a championship team, they looked mostly like scrubs.

Win or lose give me that energy, that desire. Then I'll be happy. Stagger around like a bunch of drunken sailors (sorry Sailor), doesn't cut it with me. Get out there, play our game.

Agreed. Honestly even in Training Camp that emotion was missing. Like some folks pointed out that they were glad the team seemed so serious and focused during training camp. But you know what I remember from 2013 camp? the team having fun, goofing off, dancing around, being cocky, etc. I don't remember seeing any such thing in the three camps I went to this year. Like I get it, they're serious about wanting to repeat, but I feel like the fun emotional energetic yet competitive attitude was the mental state that helped them win the SB and so far I'm not seeing it. Again so far. I just remember how people were talking prior to the SB how Denver was taking it serious and the Seahawks seemed too casual and it was going to work against the Hawks. And turns out that confident/comfortable/casual attitude translated better for the big game. So yeah that's my mindset, keep everything from 2013 the same as possible.