This is classic! (RW related)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Unfortunately there's a lot of fans from other teams that have that incorrect perception of Wilson. Quick glance at stats, and that's what they think. :Dunno:

We've all seen him just rip a defense up when he has to at the end of a game, we know he can do it. Who would you rather have with 3:00 minutes left in the 4th, down by a TD, 80 yards to go? Wilson or Stafford? Easy answer.

ivotuk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2z2krmh2 said:
Unfortunately there's a lot of fans from other teams that have that incorrect perception of Wilson. Quick glance at stats, and that's what they think. :Dunno:

We've all seen him just rip a defense up when he has to at the end of a game, we know he can do it. Who would you rather have with 3:00 minutes left in the 4th, down by a TD, 80 yards to go? Wilson or Stafford? Easy answer.

Amen to that.

sutz

Reaction score
Had a Niners fans say that to me a couple of days ago. I just smiled and said, "You just keep thinking that way."

...and walked away. Chicago indeed. Russell Wilson won that game twice. :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":3v97ksa3 said:
twisted_steel2":3v97ksa3 said:

Amen to that.

Gandalf, you did not answer....LOL :shock:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
That Chicago game was when I was finally convinced that Wilson was the real deal.

I'm a slow learner.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ha. When I watched him in the Rose Bowl, I was hoping the Hawks would draft him and viola !!!.....Instant Superstar.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The link took me to an article that had nothing to do with Wilson, nor were there any comments comparing Wilson to Stafford.

Riley12

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2ix58hnv said:
Unfortunately there's a lot of fans from other teams that have that incorrect perception of Wilson.

Not only of Wilson, but the whole team. The Super Bowl is still considered just an "off day" by some (mostly Bronco) fans. They can't look at a Seahawks game objectively and see the the dismantling caused directly by the defense, and Wilson's 'game management'.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":4wdjpsrw said:
The link took me to an article that had nothing to do with Wilson, nor were there any comments comparing Wilson to Stafford.

Well here is the summary:
They said,
Tate is a solid route runner with soft hands and was in a "pedestrian" passing attack. I wouldn't say he is an addition to go crazy over but a nice puzzle piece. This is a guy who can play the number 2 receiver and actually get open something the Lions haven't had since Titus Young but Young was so short lived he is forgotten about and rightfully so. The revamped defense is cause of the amount of pressure schemes and moving guys around. Austin is having the corners line up on the line more so than 15 yards off the receiver. The current corners on the roster fit this style of play better. Only two positions changed of SS and OLB but the scheme is the revamped portion. Just clarifying a couple of things I am sure the people you talk to are over optimistic just like others I talk to as well. Ran down their schedule and I have them going 8-8.
I said,
The only reason the Hawks have the perceived "pedestrian' passing attack is because they run the football a lot more than other teams and eat the clock, giving their supertalented D plenty of rest. If Caldwell is smart, he would do the same thing. Detroit has a double-headed monster in RBs. Run more, throw less. Defense rests, win more games. Even if the D isn't as talented as Seattle, resting will help even mediocre Ds look good. Oh, and the Hawks do have one of the most effective passing games in the league. Just look at Wilson's passer rating. Tate is basically an average WR but he is tough and one hell of a downfield blocker(not to mention pass protection). His biggest flaw as a receiver is his lack of ability to get separation. He does have great hands IF it's thrown to his left. They are like glue in that regard. As a Hawk fan, I wish him the best and will look forward to watching him play every week. Anyways, enough about Tate. The Lions should go at least 8-8, and if Caldwell does run the ball a lot more they should be in contention for at least a Wild Card.

His Reply,
I am curious to see what they do with the running game myself. With the addition of a FB this should open more holes and give the HB more creases. I understand why Seattle runs the type of offense they run but the offense of Detroit and Seattle are built completely different. Detroit has been built to be pass first while Seattle is run first. I seen a scary statistic that when they run the ball 25 times or more the Hawks are 12-1, when they run the ball 22 times or less....they are 2-14 under Pete Carroll.

My reply,
Why is that scary? Most teams that have balanced offensive attacks win SBs. Don't forget that Seattle's D is built for the pass happy teams. I think Seattle is still under-rated in their passing efficiency. When they ask Russell Wilson to throw to win, he usually does. Much more than a game manager and I wouldn't trade him for any QB in the league to be quite honest. The kid is a winner and I don't think it would matter what "system" he plays in. Also, where did you see that statistic? Link? Believe me, "if" Detroit balances their offense they will win more than 8 games. Mark my words. If they keep throwing all the time, it's 8-8 or worse.

His reply,
It actually took me forever to find it again. It is shown in a video on NFL.com when Lynch was holding out. It is the one where they talk about the impact the hold out will have on Wilson. I could argue that point because I believe Wilson can not take control of the offense and pass to win a game if the run was shut down. That statistic is scary for just the reason I stated. When Wilson has had to pass to win the game, and no not talking about making a drive to win a game, I am talking about the run being shut down or they get behind early they are 2-14 over the last two seasons. Lynch is that offense. Now in reality, that defense will always keep a game close if not win it for them so typically Wilson doesn't have to win a lot of games for the Hawks, just take care of the ball and make good defensive reads. He is a great kid and a hard worker.
About the Lions being balanced, absolutely; you have to be balanced or pound the football to make teams stack the box to create a big pass play. Will the Lions be balanced, sure. Will they be able to run the ball if the defense stacks the box, probably not. They are designed where the passing game is the strength, not taking anything from the running game. The passing game in Detroit is meant to open up the running game make the Safeties play deep and leave just 6 in the box. This is different as in the Hawks they use the run to stack the box then PA to get behind the safeties.
Just two totally different schemes. I am not meaning to take anything from Wilson by any means and we may never know if it is the system as the same goes with Roger. How Flynn just stepping in that one year and picked up where Rogers left off. Brady is another example where a QB comes in when he goes out and has no problem. Hard to really say but when their back ups Flynn and Cassell moved to another team. They struggled and looked like they belonged as a 3rd string back up.
*I typed too much description and examples so sorry about that. I am just ready for the season to start.

My Reply,
It's kinda impossible for Seattle(with Russell at the helm) to have 14 losses because in both seasons with Wilson they have had only 9(including the playoff loss vs Atlanta). I don't know where they got their stats but they are wrong. Seattle is 28-9 with Carroll/Wilson. Lynch has been with the team since Carroll took over but there were 2 differet QBs during that time frame(Hasselbeck and Jackson). I called it in 2011 while witnessing the emergence of the D and the LOB, that all they need to get to the top was an elite QB. Russell Wilson is the reason this team is so good. Lynch just helps get the point across. Lynch will retire and I have confidence that Seattle will keep having winning seasons because they have RW

Him again,
Now I do not know how they came up with that stat or if it was with Wilson at the helm for every game. Still is quite a scary stat that they don't haven't had a QB that can put the team on his back since Carroll has been there. I can not wait for this season to come under way! Johnson deserves to win some playoff games. Look forward to more conversations during the season.

I finished,
They DO have a QB that can put the team his back since Carroll has been coach. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Tied for the most wins ever (history of the NFL)in his 1st two seasons. SMH. How many Seahawk games have you actually watched? Did you witness the @Chicago game in 2012? I agree about Johnson. He is an amazing WR and hopefully he corrals some of Jerry Rice's records. That would be cool.

That pretty much sums it up.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3kzwvk6l said:
Yeah, I got nothing from that link either, shrug.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Did you scroll all the way down to read the comments? It don't matter, I summarized it for y'all. :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Largent80":3eovqhov said:
Ha. When I watched him in the Rose Bowl, I was hoping the Hawks would draft him and viola !!!.....Instant Superstar.
My old man (Oregon Alum) was at that game. He sent me a text message that read something about Wilson reminding him of a genetic mix of Tarkenton and Brees. That he was ready for the pro league immediately.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to make myself clear.

I am in NO WAY attacking the OP.

But every time I see a post about how this entity or that team or this fan or that blog has something negative to say about Russell Wilson it makes me want to chew glass. Not because I am a diehard fan who cannot stomach constructive criticism, but because social media makes every idiot with a stupid opinion (regardless of how wrong it is) somehow relevant.

Look. We ALL know what we have in Russell Wilson. Why do we feel compelled to offer a link to every Tom, Dick and Dummy who wants to tear him down for whatever their reason or agenda?

Again, this is NOT an attack or to point the finger at the OP. I am speaking in generalities.

Maybe, just maybe we should spend less time linking to blogs/articles from people with agendas (professionally or not) and spend more time discussing relevant facts that we all now as 12's are based in reality.

HansGruber

Reaction score
2-14?

You appear to be engaged in debate with either a liar or a moron. Either way, it's pointless.